International polytits/issues?

Motoxdoc
12/26/2017 2:47pm
ToolMaker wrote:
Not sure that's an accurate accounting of the jobs #s. I think the majority of the job #s created in the previous 8 years were government...
Not sure that's an accurate accounting of the jobs #s. I think the majority of the job #s created in the previous 8 years were government jobs vs last 10 months majority private sector jobs. So more people paying into the system vs taking from the system.
TM
"more people paying into the system" Our president fixed that last week!
APLMAN99
12/26/2017 3:15pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
While that sounds reasonable based on your anecdotal experiences, San Diego County has had a huge decline in unemployment AND a very steady rise in per...
While that sounds reasonable based on your anecdotal experiences, San Diego County has had a huge decline in unemployment AND a very steady rise in per capita income since the economic crisis of 2008-9. If these workers were moving from high paying jobs to lower paying jobs, it would be reflected in a reduced per capita income, of course.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PCPI06073

I don't understand why it's so difficult to alter one's opinion when supplied with vivid, solid evidence to the contrary. It's almost religious-like, in some respects.
ToolMaker wrote:
"I don't understand why it's so difficult to alter one's opinion when supplied with vivid, solid evidence to the contrary. It's almost religious-like, in some respects."...
"I don't understand why it's so difficult to alter one's opinion when supplied with vivid, solid evidence to the contrary. It's almost religious-like, in some respects."

That's the easiest question of the day.
Most people have formed opinions from many experiences, influences, information acquired over
years even decades. Do you really think you would change that in a few interactions?
While the data you present will initiate internal thought that has to be resolved with what one has
believed for a long period of time, what's one's opinion really worth if your willing to bail on it that easily?
Why believe in anything if you're just going to flip with anything presented that may or may not be valid?
The flip side is that through discussion different points of view are considered and while the current
discussion may not notice change, it goes into the memory banks for things that need to be resolved for
all sorts of situations. Do you think someone needs to capitulate to your view to not have learned something?
TM
So you're hiding behind the "human nature" defense for refusing evidence that contradicts your limited, anecdotal based perceptions. Got it. I truly try to stop doing that when I do it, not simply use it as a fall back position for justification......

Just so we're clear, are you still hanging on to your claim that "the majority of the jobs created in the previous 8 years were government jobs"? And how did you ever even come to that conclusion in the first place, given the fact that government jobs actually DECLINED during the previous 8 years?

Are you still claiming that the jobs data is bogus, and that you can more accurately measure performance based on a "feeling" of how you believe things have went or are going?
MR. X
12/26/2017 4:01pm
I havent read much of this thread but has anyone ever in the history of nonmoto ever argued with someone til they changed their view point? Laughing
kkawboy14
12/26/2017 6:16pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I’m not responding in this thread to support Trump or anyone else, I’m not emotionally invested in this, I’m just stating reality’s, people and businesses right...
I’m not responding in this thread to support Trump or anyone else, I’m not emotionally invested in this, I’m just stating reality’s, people and businesses right now are blowing up, the government is cutting costs, low paid workers are starting to make more without government telling them to pay more! Just reality! I guess people can argue why this is happening and who deserves the credit.
Motoxdoc wrote:
[b]"I’m just stating reality’s, people and businesses right now are blowing up, the government is cutting costs, low paid workers are starting to make more"[/b] We...
"I’m just stating reality’s, people and businesses right now are blowing up, the government is cutting costs, low paid workers are starting to make more" We need to debate IF things are truly better before we debate who gets the credit for things being better. I'm assuming you posted the above as YOUR reality projected onto the general population, but different people have different realities. Things we actually DO know: the tax plan is good for some now, and bad for others. For some people, the tax plan that is good NOW, will disappear and be bad for those same people in a few years. While you're asking who deserves credit, I'm still wondering how it can possibly help the entire population....not just the rich. I think it's too soon to know the net effect of this bill.
Move to Texas....it is blowing up because everyone is bailing out on California and Florida. Why? Manufacturing and Construction

The Shop

kkawboy14
12/26/2017 6:19pm
MR. X wrote:
I havent read much of this thread but has anyone ever in the history of nonmoto ever argued with someone til they changed their view point...
I havent read much of this thread but has anyone ever in the history of nonmoto ever argued with someone til they changed their view point? Laughing
Ok my viewpoint has been expanded by some of the area snapshots considered in this thread. It’s true some areas are not doing as well as other areas but what is the overall state of the country as a whole?
I guess that’s really the debate.
kkawboy14
12/26/2017 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2017 2:57am
Appleman, it will be interesting to see if your business is affected by the stuff they are doing with nafta. NAFTA killed the Florida farming industry when it first past. What has been the effect so far?
APLMAN99
12/26/2017 7:39pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Appleman, it will be interesting to see if your business is affected by the stuff they are doing with nafta. NAFTA killed the Florida farming industry...
Appleman, it will be interesting to see if your business is affected by the stuff they are doing with nafta. NAFTA killed the Florida farming industry when it first past. What has been the effect so far?
NAFTA has been good for exporting fruit. From an apple standpoint, we don't have "major" competitors in Canada or Mexico to compete with.

The only time we've had issues have been a few retaliatory things, sort of like the tariffs on Euro motorcycles because of the beef issue.

Pulling out of NAFTA has actually been a bit scary because it has the potential to take away some of our agreed upon protocols, but I'm sure it will work out.

Apple and pear prodoction and shipping hasn't been an issue, but I can imagine that some of the vegetable folks and the California and southern state producers have had different experiences.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
12/27/2017 6:32am
APLMAN99 wrote:
So you're hiding behind the "human nature" defense for refusing evidence that contradicts your limited, anecdotal based perceptions. Got it. I truly try to stop doing...
So you're hiding behind the "human nature" defense for refusing evidence that contradicts your limited, anecdotal based perceptions. Got it. I truly try to stop doing that when I do it, not simply use it as a fall back position for justification......

Just so we're clear, are you still hanging on to your claim that "the majority of the jobs created in the previous 8 years were government jobs"? And how did you ever even come to that conclusion in the first place, given the fact that government jobs actually DECLINED during the previous 8 years?

Are you still claiming that the jobs data is bogus, and that you can more accurately measure performance based on a "feeling" of how you believe things have went or are going?
Nope not hiding at all, and it's a bit disingenuous to say it's all about a feeling. But whatever floats your boat.
What I said was "experiences, influences, information"
Experiences might be (but not limited to) seeing people actually out of work
Influences might be (but not limited to) interacting with aplman99 and seeing why he thinks one way
Information might be (but not limited to) seeing news papers with headlines that read
"Federal workers hit record number, but growth slows under Obama"
or articles that read,
"Jobs in manufacturing in the United States increased by 17,000 in December—the first post-election month—climbing from 12,258,000 in November to 12,275,000 in December, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Even so, over all of 2016, manufacturing jobs declined by 45,000--dropping from 12,320,000 in December 2015 to 12,275,000 in December 2016.
At the same time, jobs in federal, state and local government increased not only from November to December, but over the course of the entire year.
From November to December, government jobs climbed from from 22,211,000 to 22,223,000, an increase of 12,000.
From December 2015 to December 2016, government jobs climbed from 22,040,000 to 22,223,000--an increase of 183,000."
And before you go there, these are just examples, not the entirety. I know you like to twist things and claim you are logical. The same as you twisted my example of how numbers get manipulated to show the story you want to tell by implying I was defining your business.
But whatever, you seem to think that because you posted a chart the world will tilt. You keep up the good fight.
TM
kkawboy14
12/27/2017 9:25am Edited Date/Time 12/27/2017 9:26am
The jobs report is a giant guess!

APLMAN99
12/27/2017 3:20pm
ToolMaker wrote:
Nope not hiding at all, and it's a bit disingenuous to say it's all about a feeling. But whatever floats your boat. What I said was...
Nope not hiding at all, and it's a bit disingenuous to say it's all about a feeling. But whatever floats your boat.
What I said was "experiences, influences, information"
Experiences might be (but not limited to) seeing people actually out of work
Influences might be (but not limited to) interacting with aplman99 and seeing why he thinks one way
Information might be (but not limited to) seeing news papers with headlines that read
"Federal workers hit record number, but growth slows under Obama"
or articles that read,
"Jobs in manufacturing in the United States increased by 17,000 in December—the first post-election month—climbing from 12,258,000 in November to 12,275,000 in December, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Even so, over all of 2016, manufacturing jobs declined by 45,000--dropping from 12,320,000 in December 2015 to 12,275,000 in December 2016.
At the same time, jobs in federal, state and local government increased not only from November to December, but over the course of the entire year.
From November to December, government jobs climbed from from 22,211,000 to 22,223,000, an increase of 12,000.
From December 2015 to December 2016, government jobs climbed from 22,040,000 to 22,223,000--an increase of 183,000."
And before you go there, these are just examples, not the entirety. I know you like to twist things and claim you are logical. The same as you twisted my example of how numbers get manipulated to show the story you want to tell by implying I was defining your business.
But whatever, you seem to think that because you posted a chart the world will tilt. You keep up the good fight.
TM
A quick google search of those first couple of "headlines" shows that they appear to originate with CSN or InfoWars.

If those places are the choice of 'information', that probably explains a lot of our disconnect......
KMC440
12/28/2017 5:30am
Is this thing still like a thing ? UnsureDizzy
kkawboy14
12/28/2017 7:54am
KMC440 wrote:
Is this thing still like a thing ? UnsureDizzy
Yes......now go buy some stocks!
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
12/28/2017 9:34am
APLMAN99 wrote:
A quick google search of those first couple of "headlines" shows that they appear to originate with CSN or InfoWars. If those places are the choice...
A quick google search of those first couple of "headlines" shows that they appear to originate with CSN or InfoWars.

If those places are the choice of 'information', that probably explains a lot of our disconnect......
cns and washington post I believe, but again, just examples. But are you suggesting someone
manipulate numbers to support their story? All I'm saying is that your charts don't tell the whole story
because there are factors like the incredible amount of jobs that were created in the oil fields.
The construction that literally created towns that didn't exist before. Manufacturing jobs in the trailer
industry to provide housing because there was not enough houses/apartments? The expansion
of companies when the fuel prices went down. The list is very long and quite frankly I'm not interested
in all of it. Pretty sure the lower cost of fuel was a benefit to your company also. Did your company
just say "oh, more profit for our pockets?" My guess is not but that's just a guess as I know nothing
about your company.
TM
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
12/28/2017 1:08pm
I just want to say thanks to everyone. We've made it to page 4 and everyone has been civil.
And while all of us have differing opinions, a lot of us will have a lot more information than prior.
And it's been a lot of fun. And to think this happened on Vital. If the guys in moto only knew
what they were missing, but maybe we're better off without many of them.
TM

Post a reply to: International polytits/issues?

The Latest