Interesting way to see the data

TailSoHard
I stumbled upon this tool that shows how all the gun deaths per year break down into different categories. You can even sort the data based on your own criteria. Gives you a decent graphic representation of the gun violence, rather than simply numbers on a chart. I think it helps put things in a better perspective. Not sure how accurate the numbers are, but even if it's off it's still eye-opening to be able to SEE the data, not just hear it or read it.

I don't want to sit here and debate gun violence or control, simply sharing some data I found today.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths/

Click to advance through the charts, at the end you can play with the data yourself.
|
Ted722
7/13/2016 7:55pm
The overall death numbers are an eye opener. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus15.pdf#019

Just picked out a few that might be relevant:

Percentage of deaths for black males related to homicide was 5% in 2014. Down from 6% in 1980.

Percentage of deaths for white males related to suicide was 2.6%. Up from 1.9% in 1980.
TailSoHard
7/14/2016 6:26am
This could get political. It'd be best to delete this thread.

GuyB?
Yeah no shit Sherlock, that's why I said I'm not going to sit here and debate gun control or violence. Given that only two people have replied, I think we'll be ok.

It was an interesting site, nothing more, nothing less. Not everything has to be argued about.
peelout
7/14/2016 8:30am

GuyB?
we got the hall monitor in the house fellas, better back it down

The Shop

Tpog496
7/14/2016 8:32am

GuyB?
peelout wrote:
we got the hall monitor in the house fellas, better back it down
I think he's joking guys.

Post a reply to: Interesting way to see the data

The Latest