Interesting Road Rage incident..

rosebud441
Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 11:07am
I'm torn on this one, and cannot say i blame her, but pretty wild..
http://www.king5.com/article/news/local/man-60-killed-in-road-rage-shoo…
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/9/2018 9:28am
The woman will probably say she feared for her life which caused her to fire her weapon. She'll either get away free or with minimal time is my guess.

Obviously she didn't mean to kill the guy but it's too late now.

No details released yet on what caused the road rage to happen because of the investigation. Probably will not get any news for a couple of days.

Did this happen in your area?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
2/9/2018 9:51am
No idea what happened but people are fuckin insane when you are on a motorcycle. Why did he pull over and approach her? The amount of times people almost hit you, or purposely swerve at you and then smirk or laugh is sickening.

I remember a lady who almost creamed me years ago. We got to a red light and I asked why she almost ran me over and she was laughing while saying "what do you expect on those death rockets".
rosebud441
2/9/2018 11:08am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The woman will probably say she feared for her life which caused her to fire her weapon. She'll either get away free or with minimal time...
The woman will probably say she feared for her life which caused her to fire her weapon. She'll either get away free or with minimal time is my guess.

No details released yet on what caused the road rage to happen because of the investigation. Probably will not get any news for a couple of days.

This happen on I-5 in the Seattle area where road rage is a daily occurrence,, I'm 2 hours north where the stress levels tend to stay lower. I-5 travels thru my little town but our traffic flows just fine..

Either way, she's a tough lady,,

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2212th
2/9/2018 11:22am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 1:27pm
Real sophies choice here. From the information provided it seems a woman was defending herself from an (unprovoked?) attack by a man, using a gun. Many lives will change because of this moment in time which is unfortunate.
APLMAN99
2/9/2018 4:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The woman will probably say she feared for her life which caused her to fire her weapon. She'll either get away free or with minimal time...

rosebud441 wrote:
This happen on I-5 in the Seattle area where road rage is a daily occurrence,, I'm 2 hours north where the stress levels tend to stay...
This happen on I-5 in the Seattle area where road rage is a daily occurrence,, I'm 2 hours north where the stress levels tend to stay lower. I-5 travels thru my little town but our traffic flows just fine..

Either way, she's a tough lady,,
I stayed in Lynden last weekend and I almost felt guilty driving my car on Sunday morning. Sort of felt like my very quiet car was sort of disturbing the peace!
plowboy
2/9/2018 7:11pm
seth505 wrote:
No idea what happened but people are fuckin insane when you are on a motorcycle. Why did he pull over and approach her? The amount of...
No idea what happened but people are fuckin insane when you are on a motorcycle. Why did he pull over and approach her? The amount of times people almost hit you, or purposely swerve at you and then smirk or laugh is sickening.

I remember a lady who almost creamed me years ago. We got to a red light and I asked why she almost ran me over and she was laughing while saying "what do you expect on those death rockets".
I loved riding my old Suzie 850 on my 80 mile round trip to work but even the light traffic I'd encounter got too scary. Dodging the deer, raccoons, possums was a drag as well. I was too cheap to buy a street helmet so in the summer I'd have to stop and swap to a clean pair of goggles because of the bug guts. In the end, I lost my nerve...people were more stupid than I was brave.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
2/9/2018 7:38pm
seth505 wrote:
No idea what happened but people are fuckin insane when you are on a motorcycle. Why did he pull over and approach her? The amount of...

That’s it right there. Why did he approach her, get out of his vehicle, and attack her? Did he even know it was a female, or just assaultive because it was a motorcyclist?
newmann
2/9/2018 8:34pm
From some of the comments and what appears to be quite a few witnesses, I'll say "good shoot". Good thing she had the means to defend herself.

"looks like some old guy got pissed off that she was changing lanes, weaving through the traffic, and tried to ram her. She stopped in the left lane when traffic stopped, and the old guy pulled onto the left shoulder next to her and got out of his car. She got off the bike, and the old guy attacked her. He got her on the ground and was slamming her head (still wearing a helmet) into the pavement, then dragged her by the helmet to the concrete barrier at the median and was trying to punch her throat. Then she shot him. "

markit
2/10/2018 5:41am
He won't do that stupid shit again.
captmoto
2/10/2018 10:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

How would you know she didn't mean to kill him. That is the only reason to pull. If she didn't mean to kill him to stop the attack she would have just taken the beating hoping she didn't die. By law she had to be in fear for her life and be able to prove to authorities she had reason to shoot.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/10/2018 11:41am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

captmoto wrote:
How would you know she didn't mean to kill him. That is the only reason to pull. If she didn't mean to kill him to stop...
How would you know she didn't mean to kill him. That is the only reason to pull. If she didn't mean to kill him to stop the attack she would have just taken the beating hoping she didn't die. By law she had to be in fear for her life and be able to prove to authorities she had reason to shoot.
Just pulling out a gun can scare the shit out of people. Old man didn't stop and she shot him. Not everyone pulls out a gun with the intent to kill. I don't know about you but if someone pulled a gun on me I know for a fact that I'd stop doing whatever it is I'm doing and listen to what the person has to say.
APLMAN99
2/10/2018 1:08pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

captmoto wrote:
How would you know she didn't mean to kill him. That is the only reason to pull. If she didn't mean to kill him to stop...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just pulling out a gun can scare the shit out of people. Old man didn't stop and she shot him. Not everyone pulls out a gun...
Just pulling out a gun can scare the shit out of people. Old man didn't stop and she shot him. Not everyone pulls out a gun with the intent to kill. I don't know about you but if someone pulled a gun on me I know for a fact that I'd stop doing whatever it is I'm doing and listen to what the person has to say.
If they are physically fighting, I'd say she probably was fully prepared to kill him when she pulled her gun out. And that's not condemning her, it sounds appropriate from the limited info shared. And when she fired, I'd highly doubt that the intention was to either scare or wound the person attacking her.

Again, from the limited info it sounds like the dead man initiated the physical violence. If they were simply in a heated argument when she fired on him, that could be an entirely different story.

Even if she was riding unsafe, "stunting", etc, it's pretty difficult to imagine any justification for him physically assaulting her. It'd be interesting to know if any prior conduct like that could affect her defense, though. For instance, if you see a driver of a car weaving in and out of traffic in a city area, and you induce a "fender bender" to get it stopped, would you still be guilty of some type of vehicular assault? I think the variables are huge.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/10/2018 2:30pm
I'm not from that area or the US but I'm assuming it's legal to carry a firearm in that part of the world or she'd already be in big/bigger trouble?

I have no clue. I just know that in some States it's legal and that it's illegal in other's.
APLMAN99
2/10/2018 3:10pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm not from that area or the US but I'm assuming it's legal to carry a firearm in that part of the world or she'd already...
I'm not from that area or the US but I'm assuming it's legal to carry a firearm in that part of the world or she'd already be in big/bigger trouble?

I have no clue. I just know that in some States it's legal and that it's illegal in other's.
We are an open carry state, concealed with a permit. It isn't very difficult to get a concealed permit if you haven't been convicted of a violent crime in the past.
newmann
2/10/2018 3:57pm
Pretty simple, you shoot to "stop the threat".
hillbilly
2/10/2018 4:46pm
newmann wrote:
Pretty simple, you shoot to "stop the threat".
There are so many people out there that need to meet the same end.
hillbilly
2/10/2018 5:59pm
How did he make it to 60 is what I want to know?
Path never crossed that one person.

It he would a left home a few minutes earlier or later this day he'd still be a void with a splincter mussel around
Uncle Tony
2/10/2018 6:19pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm not from that area or the US but I'm assuming it's legal to carry a firearm in that part of the world or she'd already...

Here in New York if you shoot a suspect more then once you are FUCKED!!!! Even if he breaks into your house and is beating you to death, they call it manslaughter, I love New York
captmoto
2/11/2018 8:02am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just pulling out a gun can scare the shit out of people. Old man didn't stop and she shot him. Not everyone pulls out a gun...
I assume you are a calm and rational person that would not get out of your car that would not get out of your car and attack someone. If he has his hands on her he might not see her pull the gun. Under those circumstances I again assume she pulled with every intent to shoot. However we second guess her actions, the law will sort it out but I see it as a good shoot. I'll bet she will never be the same again.
I read an account of a person that shot and killed someone armed in his home. It was an over 2 year legal ordeal and he sounded like an emotional wreck. He struggled with wishing he hadn't done it but couldn't imagine what had happened if he didn't.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/11/2018 9:30am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
captmoto wrote:
I assume you are a calm and rational person that would not get out of your car that would not get out of your car and...
I assume you are a calm and rational person that would not get out of your car that would not get out of your car and attack someone. If he has his hands on her he might not see her pull the gun. Under those circumstances I again assume she pulled with every intent to shoot. However we second guess her actions, the law will sort it out but I see it as a good shoot. I'll bet she will never be the same again.
I read an account of a person that shot and killed someone armed in his home. It was an over 2 year legal ordeal and he sounded like an emotional wreck. He struggled with wishing he hadn't done it but couldn't imagine what had happened if he didn't.
I am a pretty calm person and don't stress over anything. I learned that it's not worth to stress over shit that doesn't matter a long time ago. That said I don't let people just walk all over me and push me around. I'm just not one to start shit.

As for the women the sad part is that she'll never be the same again. Even if it was in self-defense she still took someone's life. That's something you can't ever prepare for unless you're some pshyco serial killer but that's not the norm.

I'm sure the man didn't know it was a girl at first if he just started assaulting her without questioning but as soon as it started I'm sure he could tell by the voice/screams that it wasn't another man. At that point if he continued (which he did), he's an asshole.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/11/2018 10:38am
Not enough information to compute.
I'll second that.
APLMAN99
2/11/2018 11:07am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I am a pretty calm person and don't stress over anything. I learned that it's not worth to stress over shit that doesn't matter a long...
I am a pretty calm person and don't stress over anything. I learned that it's not worth to stress over shit that doesn't matter a long time ago. That said I don't let people just walk all over me and push me around. I'm just not one to start shit.

As for the women the sad part is that she'll never be the same again. Even if it was in self-defense she still took someone's life. That's something you can't ever prepare for unless you're some pshyco serial killer but that's not the norm.

I'm sure the man didn't know it was a girl at first if he just started assaulting her without questioning but as soon as it started I'm sure he could tell by the voice/screams that it wasn't another man. At that point if he continued (which he did), he's an asshole.
I don't think that the gender of the person really mattered. The information available seems to point to him probably being an asshole either way.

Post a reply to: Interesting Road Rage incident..

The Latest