Insomnia

Mx746
Edited Date/Time 4/19/2019 2:27pm
Will make dr appointment, but thought I’d ask in here how you all manage yours? Average 3 hours sleep last 2 weeks and none last night
|
4/14/2019 8:15am
Mx746 wrote:
Will make dr appointment, but thought I’d ask in here how you all manage yours? Average 3 hours sleep last 2 weeks and none last night
I suffered from it since youth.

Until I changed my diet. For the first time in my life I sleep a full night and get good rest.

A doctor wont suggest this because it doesn’t allow them to sell you sleeping pills, but eliminate your carb/sugar intake and see what happens. I bet you’ll be pleased.
ocscottie
4/14/2019 2:26pm
"I suffered from it since youth." So have I, drove my parents crazy, sitting up all night reading MXA with a flashlight under the covers till 4-5am every night. Im a weirdo and only need 4-5 hours a night, if i sleep any longer i am tired all day. Doctors have had me try all sorta of meds, they work, but then like i said above, if i sleep 8 hours i feel like shit the next day.

I think im a vampire.
buenavides
4/14/2019 8:00pm
You need to talk to your doctor regarding this matter before taking sleeping pills.

The Shop

71Fish
4/15/2019 8:52pm
Try either having sex or masterbating before bed. It will knock you right out.
ocscottie
4/15/2019 9:14pm
buenavides wrote:
You need to talk to your doctor regarding this matter before taking sleeping pills.
If you are dealing with true insomnia, i hope you are seeking medical attention...period.
Meister
4/16/2019 6:31pm
Diet.

If that don't work.

CBD.

If that dont work, a few bong rips are sure to work. Medicinal use only.

Seriously tho, I sleep wayyyyy better when I don't eat the most accessible drug there is, sugar.

4/16/2019 9:37pm
Meister wrote:
Diet. If that don't work. CBD. If that dont work, a few bong rips are sure to work. Medicinal use only. Seriously tho, I sleep wayyyyy...
Diet.

If that don't work.

CBD.

If that dont work, a few bong rips are sure to work. Medicinal use only.

Seriously tho, I sleep wayyyyy better when I don't eat the most accessible drug there is, sugar.

Im convinced most insomnia is misdiagnosed. But doctors cant sell anyone a pill by telling them to give up the sugar now can they ?.
FIREfish148
4/17/2019 4:45am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 5:04am
listen to eckhart tolle talks on youtube while you chill in bed.

work out during the day

stop consuming sugar 4hours before bed if you're ocd about it.

learn breath work (biggest one)

carbs will actually make you sleepy

do some art before bed

mitigate blue light before bed.

adopt a nihilist view on life so you dont worry about stupid shit
4/17/2019 8:20am
listen to eckhart tolle talks on youtube while you chill in bed. work out during the day stop consuming sugar 4hours before bed if you're ocd...

work out during the day

do some art before bed

Carbs are sugar.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
4/17/2019 10:53am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 10:55am
I have always had insomnia, The only thing that works For me is Ambien, However it only works if you lay in bed , u can take it and stay up for hours if i dont actually lay in bed, if i lay in bed and close my eyes it works like a light switch.
However i am know starting to believe that a lot of things can be solved with diet/nutrition
Want to watch a Good Documentary. imo
On Netflix ( The Magic Pill)
newmann
4/17/2019 12:01pm
You mean to tell me 3-4 hours of sleep per night isn't normal???Laughing

Best sleep I ever got was when I was hitting the gym 5 days a week at 4:30 every morning before a 50-65 hour work week. After work was a couple 30 mile bike rides (Tue/Thu)trying to keep it an average of 18-20 mph. Ride with the fast guys and you better be able to maintain 24-26 for the ride. Get dropped there, you'll never get back up to the pack...lol. Weeknights were filled with keeping 6-8 bikes race ready for the kids and I. Weekends were all about racing or getting in a practice day. Lay your head down then, that was some good sleep. Still may not have been getting a good 6-7 but what I was able to squeeze in was good hard sleep. Wake up feeling good and ready to do it again. That was up to my early 40's. Here 10 years later, back to the grind of too much work, no time for the gym, cycling or racing. Diet lacks and so does everything else. Getting old sucks. Absolutely zero idea how I used to maintain the pace I did.
4/17/2019 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 12:18pm
Doctors are on salary. There’s a website you can go to, look up the doctors name. And see what drug companies have paid them for soeeches, and bought them lunch among other things. If you’re so worried about doctors pushing pills down patients throat for profit——as you’re incinuating then surely you can find this website. And if your physician is on that list....select another physician. If you can’t find your physician on that list....congratulations. They’re not being paid off. So you’re probably safe to talk about your sleeping disorder with that patient. Or any disorder.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/17/2019 12:50pm
Lots of good advice on here. I found a app called “Calm”. It may not be a cure for insomnia but it does wonders to calm your mind to get you to sleep. I find the bedtime stories on the App work the best....5 minutes in and I am out like a light. And I’m one of those guys that can lay n bed for hours trying to get my mind to shut off
4/17/2019 1:35pm
Doctors are on salary. There’s a website you can go to, look up the doctors name. And see what drug companies have paid them for soeeches...
Doctors are on salary. There’s a website you can go to, look up the doctors name. And see what drug companies have paid them for soeeches, and bought them lunch among other things. If you’re so worried about doctors pushing pills down patients throat for profit——as you’re incinuating then surely you can find this website. And if your physician is on that list....select another physician. If you can’t find your physician on that list....congratulations. They’re not being paid off. So you’re probably safe to talk about your sleeping disorder with that patient. Or any disorder.
Yep... at least 3/4 of doctors.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.peoplespharmacy.com/posts/are-doctors-…

The rest? They’re still reciting what the were taught in school, however long ago that was. They’re human, which means they’re prone to mistakes and poor judgement no different than anyone else. For whatever reason we put doctors on a pedestal of intelligence. No doubt it took a lot of effort to get their degree, but I know quiet a few doctors and wouldnt consider them smart.

And when it comes to nutrition, they’re about as lost as the average person.

I liken your average doctor to your average MMI graduate. They certainly know more than someone with no mechanical experience but are nowhere near the level of a factory race team engineer. Doctors come in all shades of competency.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/17/2019 2:05pm
Lay off the caffeine, turn off all the devices an hour before bedtime and drink a little of this:

plowboy
4/17/2019 5:55pm
Ain't never been a ditch digger had trouble falling asleep. Since most of us will NEVER work that hard....exercise is the next best thing. Sexual release, in whatever form, is a big help as well. My wife was prescribed Ambien I believe...she didn't sleep better...just couldn't remember NOT sleeping well. I've been real lucky (but also worked like a dog) and can be asleep within a 10 count every night. My wife hates me for it.
FIREfish148
4/17/2019 6:07pm
listen to eckhart tolle talks on youtube while you chill in bed. work out during the day stop consuming sugar 4hours before bed if you're ocd...

work out during the day

do some art before bed

Carbs are sugar.
4/17/2019 6:50pm

work out during the day

do some art before bed

Carbs are sugar.
And at the end of the day both get metabolized into glucose. Which is the equivalent of eating sugar right before bed and will not make you sleepy but in fact provide energy.
newmann
4/17/2019 7:27pm
plowboy wrote:
Ain't never been a ditch digger had trouble falling asleep. Since most of us will NEVER work that hard....exercise is the next best thing. Sexual release...
Ain't never been a ditch digger had trouble falling asleep. Since most of us will NEVER work that hard....exercise is the next best thing. Sexual release, in whatever form, is a big help as well. My wife was prescribed Ambien I believe...she didn't sleep better...just couldn't remember NOT sleeping well. I've been real lucky (but also worked like a dog) and can be asleep within a 10 count every night. My wife hates me for it.
I have dug those ditches. And yes I did sleep well. To be 18 again....
Mx746
4/17/2019 8:31pm
Thanks for all the replies gents, sorry I’m behind in chiming in. It got a little busy here. 2am last night, driving around the neighborhood looking for someplace open that has SleepIng ?. Had to settle for some benedryl, or I’d never have drifted off. Around 3 non consecutive hours again , but I still feel normal during the day. I worked nights for decades but have been day shift for last 10 years . I think it’s finally time to have the appointment.
FIREfish148
4/18/2019 12:44am
Carbs are sugar.
And at the end of the day both get metabolized into glucose. Which is the equivalent of eating sugar right before bed and will not make...
And at the end of the day both get metabolized into glucose. Which is the equivalent of eating sugar right before bed and will not make you sleepy but in fact provide energy.
There are plenty of good articles that back up my claim if yoh want to look for yourself... I know you're on the KETO kick so it's whatever but I have found complex carbs such as pasta to really help.
APLMAN99
4/19/2019 5:24am
And at the end of the day both get metabolized into glucose. Which is the equivalent of eating sugar right before bed and will not make...
There are plenty of good articles that back up my claim if yoh want to look for yourself... I know you're on the KETO kick so...
There are plenty of good articles that back up my claim if yoh want to look for yourself... I know you're on the KETO kick so it's whatever but I have found complex carbs such as pasta to really help.
"....foods containing carbohydrates also help produce serotonin and tryptophan amino acids found in the brain. This is the reason why you feel sleepy after eating carbohydrate-rich foods."
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
4/19/2019 10:01am
Falcon wrote:
Lay off the caffeine, turn off all the devices an hour before bedtime and drink a little of this: [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/918HOlWU29L._SL1500_.jpg[/img]
Lay off the caffeine, turn off all the devices an hour before bedtime and drink a little of this:

Hey, this shit right here is LEGIT. It can be bought in a Kureg cup too.
4/19/2019 11:52am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2019 11:54am
Christ the reason the you feel sleepy after eating is because your body shifts blood to your gut to aid in motility and digestion.

I just love all these bull shit theories. Moderation and balance is your best friend. everyone’s 100% Keto. Then 100% no carbs. Then 100% something else. All that shits fad. And the conspiracies these days my god when will it stop. Everyone isn’t a genius . Everyone isn’t a moron. providers are practicing through evidence base. And it’s constantly evolving. Not by what they were taught in school.

CHeck back in 10 years. Someone will blame keto for demyelination of nerve cell sheaths. So much ignorance out there it’s insane.

The internet has really made a lot of people think theyre able to research anything without actually practicing what they’re researching. Best practice involves identifying patterns in multiple subjects. NOT reading dr google and testing everything out on yourself. Then declaring this is the save all because it worked for you. Life isn’t like that. Cells aren’t like that.
4/19/2019 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2019 2:27pm
The devout catholic has weighed in on the merits of science & research ???
plowboy
4/19/2019 5:42pm
My old Great grandmother lived to 102. Hell, she cut the toes off her right foot mowing her grass at 99 (steep yard...wet clover). She ate bacon/sausage, eggs, biscuits/gravy every morning, dipped Garrets snuff every waking moment, and slept on a feather bed, had 6 kids that lived.

My niece never drank or smoked. A total health nut...good diet and exercise. Died at 33...ate up by the cancer.

Life is a crap shoot fellers. Just live it the best you can. Only one truth...nobody gets out alive.

Post a reply to: Insomnia

The Latest