Indycar

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2018 11:45 AM

Ok these cars are showing their temperamental side...

Hot track no downforce

"I want a drivers car" well you got it.

|

5/27/2018 12:32 PM

Looked like a few drivers hitting the wall after loosing traction in the corner. It must be a bummer for Danica Patrick to finish her career into the wall....I see Troy Lee Helmet logo on Will Powers helmet pulling into the winner circle.

|

5/27/2018 3:08 PM

Good race

Opening ceremonies for the 600 just awsome

|

6/24/2018 10:20 AM

Best track in the nation on now ...

Maybe the WORLD w00t

yes I am biased....tongue

|

6/24/2018 10:55 AM

Shit, wish you would of reminded me it was on, i got busy cleaning my vape gear and had nothing on.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

6/24/2018 12:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2018 1:16 PM

More passes in the first five laps than entire Formula 1 races.

|

7/17/2018 11:59 AM

This is interesting ...

Laguba Seca to replace Sears Point on the schedule next year. A track where there's actually passing opportunities ...

I know it's not a bombshell but I think it'll be a better track.

|

7/17/2018 12:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2018 12:28 PM

KMC440 wrote:

This is interesting ...

Laguba Seca to replace Sears Point on the schedule next year. A track where there's actually passing ...more

Not so sure about passing opportunities at Laguna. Been there many times with Indy cars MotoGP World Superbike and sports cars. It's a tight track with no real straight away and no place where push-to-pass would give you an advantage. I hope I'm wrong but it could be a parade and qualifying would be everything. Don't even talk to me about track access and accommodations in the Monterey area.

|

7/17/2018 1:14 PM

The races at Laguna Seca or Sonoma are just a handout to the corporate machine that keeps the series going. Most of the attendees for both are corporate hospitality.

I love the direction the cars are heading, can`t wait for the 900HP low downforce monsters for the next engine model.

|

War Eagle

7/17/2018 3:28 PM

Disagree... turns 2, out of 6, down into 10 and definitely 11.
I'd expect someone to stuff it in at the top of the corkscrew, not wisely I will add.

|

7/17/2018 3:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2018 4:44 PM

KMC440 wrote:

Disagree... turns 2, out of 6, down into 10 and definitely 11.
I'd expect someone to stuff it in at the top of the corkscrew, ...more

You want to see where the passing zones are at Laguna check out the world superbike races. Now imagine two Indy cars side by side in the same place. 8 caution Flags minimum.

|

7/18/2018 7:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2018 7:30 AM

I was there for that one back in my Reynard days
|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

7/18/2018 8:26 AM

I watched Rossi do that to Casey Stoner back in 2005. Dirt tracking yeah.

|

7/19/2018 6:33 AM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

I watched Rossi do that to Casey Stoner back in 2005. Dirt tracking yeah.

Yeah, when Rossi did it, I said 'he pulled a Zanardi!'

A couple years after that, I saw Anne Proffit, who is a noteworthy motorsports photographer, at a race. We were chatting about Laguna Seca, and I said something about 'Rossi doing a Zanardi' and she laughed and said 'I was at that race in the press room, when Rossi did it, I said 'he pulled a Zanardi' She said all these motorcycle press guys looked at her with a 'WTF does that mean' look on their faces, so she had to show them the youtube video.

Too funny.

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger