In Iraq till 2020?

72kiteboarder
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 3:20pm
Wow, can you imagine still being there in 2020?

LONDON — The commander of Iraq's military is calling for U.S. forces to stay in the country for another decade, reinforcing his stance that his country's military won't be able to secure the nation on their own after U.S. troops leave.

"At this point, the withdrawal is going well, because they are still here, but the problem will start after 2011," Gen. Babaker Shawkat Zebari said at a defense conference in Baghdad, according to the BBC.

"The politicians must find other ways to fill the void after 2011... If I were asked about the withdrawal, I would say to politicians: the U.S. army must stay until the Iraqi army is fully ready in 2020," the BBC reported.

Full Story
|
flarider
8/12/2010 5:09pm
All combat operations and combat troop withdrawal is on track to conclude the end of this month.
80,000 have already left and 10,000 will leave this month
flarider
8/12/2010 5:10pm
Oh, and I say "fuck 'em"

Their fault for not stepping up and for not setting up a government in all this time
Larry
8/12/2010 5:44pm
Some mistakes take longer to fix than others.
Keep that in mind next time a bunch of rich boys want to send your kids to war.
Jakes Dad
8/12/2010 5:58pm
flarider wrote:
Oh, and I say "fuck 'em"

Their fault for not stepping up and for not setting up a government in all this time
Like every other place we've went and bailed out for the last 50 years. South Korea stands out as a nation who seems to have got it together. Everyone else not so much.

The Shop

eddie
8/12/2010 6:56pm
i remember paul wolfowitz saying before the war started , that it would take 6 months and cost 50 million dollars . i also remember that about 90 percent of the posters on the old motodrive and mototalk agreed with him . i called them idiots , said it would be a minimum of ten years and a trillion dollars ... and got clicked from both sites for being anti-american . not being a sheeple was anti-american back then . now i imagine that most of those neo-con supporters are criticizing obama for not getting the troops out fast enough .... funny how things change but dont really change .

it will happen again within 25 years .... it always does .... iran or nkorea will be the next 'imminent threat' .
flarider
8/12/2010 7:03pm
eddie wrote:
i remember paul wolfowitz saying before the war started , that it would take 6 months and cost 50 million dollars . i also remember that...
i remember paul wolfowitz saying before the war started , that it would take 6 months and cost 50 million dollars . i also remember that about 90 percent of the posters on the old motodrive and mototalk agreed with him . i called them idiots , said it would be a minimum of ten years and a trillion dollars ... and got clicked from both sites for being anti-american . not being a sheeple was anti-american back then . now i imagine that most of those neo-con supporters are criticizing obama for not getting the troops out fast enough .... funny how things change but dont really change .

it will happen again within 25 years .... it always does .... iran or nkorea will be the next 'imminent threat' .
I was one of those idiots.
I'll admit it.
I believed our President and his administration.
I bought the whole Iraq story hook line and sinker
I admit it

and I admit I was wrong

dougie
8/12/2010 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2010 7:22pm
eddie wrote:
i remember paul wolfowitz saying before the war started , that it would take 6 months and cost 50 million dollars . i also remember that...

flarider wrote:
I was one of those idiots. I'll admit it. I believed our President and his administration. I bought the whole Iraq story hook line and sinker...
I'll admit it.
I bought the whole Iraq story hook line and sinker
I admit it

and I admit I was wrong

I was another that was wrong.

Looks like in hindsight Teefus was right all along. "follow the money" is what he used to say. And now it looks like it must be all about money.

You can train soldiers in just a few months and how long have we been there? Hell the first Iraqis that joined up after our occupation should be getting ready for retirement soon.
Blake
8/13/2010 7:10am
We will never be out of the middle east. Have we ever?

Libya, Syria, Desert Storm, Iran Iraq, Afghanistan, hell 100 other shitbag places.

WTF? After all this, we blow shit up, spend billions to fix it all.
Why not drop auto rifles and pistols and a bunch of ammo and just let them kill themselves.
Faster, easier, cheaper, and we don't even have to be there.
jonjon714
8/13/2010 7:10am
$50 million? You couldn't deploy an infantry division to a new theater for 2 days for $50 million...
jonjon714
8/13/2010 7:16am
Future post of the year:

I'll admit it.
I bought the whole health care, stimulus, and financial overhaul stories hook line and sinker
I admit it

and I admit I was wrong
flarider
8/13/2010 8:34am
jonjon714 wrote:
[b]Future post of the year:[/b] I was one of those idiots. I'll admit it. I believed our President and his administration. I bought the whole health...
Future post of the year:

I'll admit it.
I bought the whole health care, stimulus, and financial overhaul stories hook line and sinker
I admit it

and I admit I was wrong
Doubt it

But nice try

jmar
8/13/2010 8:37pm
Larry wrote:
Some mistakes take longer to fix than others.
Keep that in mind next time a bunch of rich boys want to send your kids to war.
Excatly
jmar
8/13/2010 8:38pm
Iraq till 3020 and the results will be the same!
Excatly again.
jmar
8/13/2010 8:39pm
Exactly for a third time.

Post a reply to: In Iraq till 2020?

The Latest