Imagine.....

borg
sort of like the song, that there were no thieves. Nobody touched anything that they didn't own or didn't have permission to touch. A lot of things would be really different when you start to think about the implications. Kwik Set would not exist. Banks would not need a safe. Your car would not need a key. Vending machines would be really simple, a box with some stuff in it and another one to put the money in. I wonder how much our society spends on thieves.
|
gabrielito
11/5/2017 5:43am
The problem is the biggest thieves are the ones at the top. Our world has enough resources it's just we allow a few to control them. Banksters steal and they get more money as a bail out "to save the economy", anybody else and they go to jail. Someone steals from you and the cops might file a report. If a poor person can't pay their 20% revolving credit card bill that they paid the principle off months earlier, credit tanks and they get charged more money next time. If you buy a house for $300,000 you pay $231,000 in interest. $531,000 for a $300,000 house, If the banks didn't steal like that then maybe they wouldn't need safes. Artificial scarcity promotes thievery.
JAFO92
11/5/2017 5:52am
gabrielito wrote:
The problem is the biggest thieves are the ones at the top. Our world has enough resources it's just we allow a few to control them...
The problem is the biggest thieves are the ones at the top. Our world has enough resources it's just we allow a few to control them. Banksters steal and they get more money as a bail out "to save the economy", anybody else and they go to jail. Someone steals from you and the cops might file a report. If a poor person can't pay their 20% revolving credit card bill that they paid the principle off months earlier, credit tanks and they get charged more money next time. If you buy a house for $300,000 you pay $231,000 in interest. $531,000 for a $300,000 house, If the banks didn't steal like that then maybe they wouldn't need safes. Artificial scarcity promotes thievery.
I disagree. One crook takes your shit without your consent, the other you knowingly agreed to get screwed over.

Dont wanna pay 231K in interest? Dont borrow 300K for a house. Its a choice.
gabrielito
11/5/2017 6:31am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2017 6:36am
gabrielito wrote:
The problem is the biggest thieves are the ones at the top. Our world has enough resources it's just we allow a few to control them...
JAFO92 wrote:
I disagree. One crook takes your shit without your consent, the other you knowingly agreed to get screwed over. Dont wanna pay 231K in interest? Dont...
I disagree. One crook takes your shit without your consent, the other you knowingly agreed to get screwed over.

Dont wanna pay 231K in interest? Dont borrow 300K for a house. Its a choice.
I agree with that on a basic level, however when those same people pay lots of money to those who make the laws then the thievery becomes systemic. So yes, it is your prerogative to rent your entire life as opposed to owning but that's a significant risk in retirement and a significant financial disadvantage (because of the laws).

And.. when those banks make loans to people who pay a majority of the principle yet default why are taxpayers on the hook for the entire loan? that's where the thievery became real. yes you can say it's a choice and the reason for the high interest is to cover the risk but when it doesn't fall into their favor then the same people who pay all this fricking interest to mitigate the risk are FORCED to bail the banks out through taxes then it's not really a scenario like you describe. It's much more complicated than that.
borg
11/5/2017 7:28am
In case anyone is interested, the direction this has gone so far is not at all what I had in mind. Do you conspiracy theorists ever take a fucking break?

The Shop

gabrielito
11/5/2017 7:43am
borg wrote:
In case anyone is interested, the direction this has gone so far is not at all what I had in mind. Do you conspiracy theorists ever...
In case anyone is interested, the direction this has gone so far is not at all what I had in mind. Do you conspiracy theorists ever take a fucking break?

It's not a conspiracy, I'm just saying there's a bigger answer to that little question. For the most part scarcity creates thievery. It's not simply a moral dilemma. It's complicated.
scooter5002
11/5/2017 10:34am
borg wrote:
In case anyone is interested, the direction this has gone so far is not at all what I had in mind. Do you conspiracy theorists ever...

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. Anti theft and fraud measures, as well as the acts themselves, costs the world billions. If everyone actually contributed to this world, instead of looking for a free ride, imagine what it would be like. Wonder that myself, borg, interesting question.
motogrady
11/5/2017 6:38pm

Nice thoughts.

But even the guy that wrote that song did not practice what he preached.
He was no Ghandi.
He loved his possessions.
He loved his money.
Even when he had more than he would ever need in a lifetime, he still wanted more.

When 1% of the population hold, what is it, 90% of the worlds weath, and 20% resort to stealing just to survive,
is not greed a partner in the world of woe we live in?
XXVoid MainXX
11/5/2017 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 11/5/2017 7:21pm
borg wrote:
sort of like the song, that there were no thieves. Nobody touched anything that they didn't own or didn't have permission to touch. A lot of...
sort of like the song, that there were no thieves. Nobody touched anything that they didn't own or didn't have permission to touch. A lot of things would be really different when you start to think about the implications. Kwik Set would not exist. Banks would not need a safe. Your car would not need a key. Vending machines would be really simple, a box with some stuff in it and another one to put the money in. I wonder how much our society spends on thieves.
I grew up in that world. A small farming community in Northwestern Illinois. You could park your car on the street with the windows rolled down, the doors unlocked, and your wallet on the dash and nobody would mess with it. You didn't have to lock your doors. I used to hang out at the gas station. They had a jar you put your money in if you got a candy bar or pop out of the fridge. I guess the bank did have a safe though now that I think about it. Smile

Post a reply to: Imagine.....

The Latest