Life/Career/Education advice

hubbardmx50
8/25/2021 4:50pm
@ ProKawi, I've been meaning to respond to you and say thanks so much for the advice. I always see you posting in the Moto section and knew about your injury, but nothing else. So it was great to hear some background on you and what you did to get to where you're at career wise. If I ever make my way up to NorCal for a race or something we'll have to hang out. Sounds like you had to just let things happen even after you earned the degree, and you showed your current company why you were worth promoting. I'm not a money guy at all. In fact, Moto is the only expensive hobby I have. So I don't expect just to walk into a job making $100K right out of college. I guess that's what most college kids expect and are upset when it doesn't happen. I would be happy to have a job after school at all during these times to be honest. But I'm prepared to grind and do my best no matter what that job/career ends up being.
ProKawi24
8/25/2021 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2021 6:29pm
@ ProKawi, I've been meaning to respond to you and say thanks so much for the advice. I always see you posting in the Moto section...
@ ProKawi, I've been meaning to respond to you and say thanks so much for the advice. I always see you posting in the Moto section and knew about your injury, but nothing else. So it was great to hear some background on you and what you did to get to where you're at career wise. If I ever make my way up to NorCal for a race or something we'll have to hang out. Sounds like you had to just let things happen even after you earned the degree, and you showed your current company why you were worth promoting. I'm not a money guy at all. In fact, Moto is the only expensive hobby I have. So I don't expect just to walk into a job making $100K right out of college. I guess that's what most college kids expect and are upset when it doesn't happen. I would be happy to have a job after school at all during these times to be honest. But I'm prepared to grind and do my best no matter what that job/career ends up being.
For sure dude, you can always email me also Carl24Lindsey3@gmail.com or my facebook is facebook.com/carlmadsen24. I loved going to the Santa Clara SX races but I effing hate Oakland SX. I wanted to go to Hangtown (my home track) but with Covid I figured the race might get cancelled or limited capacity. My injury happened at Arco Arena (now Sleep Train Arena) on Feb 25th, 2001. I've gone there a few times since but it's now closed down since they built the new Golden 1 center downtown.

The main reason I wanted to get into law was because I felt like I got screwed in my accident (long story) and I wanted to help others who were injured. Once I saw how corrupt people were and how jacked the system was, I just couldn't keep going with it. Being in a chair already limits your career options a bit so a call center was my best option at the time. But just like MX, I took on the challenge and said to myself I'm going to be the best I can at it and see where it goes. I got lucky with some opportunities but also worked my ass off. I could easily sit at home collecting a disability check every month living in section 8 housing but that's not the life I wanted. Again, it comes down to how hard are you willing to work and how badly do you want it? Just like MX.

I don't make a ton of money but I'm comfortable and happy. I have an amazing fiance, live in a small condo in Folsom but it's a great area. I'm healthy. Although I can't walk, things could be so much worse. I had several roommates at Shriners Hospital that didn't make it past 25/30 for health reasons and some self inflicted. I'm very thankful for the life I have and where I'm at.

This might sound corny but I've always followed this saying....I don't know where I heard it or if it's 100% accurate but it goes something like this...." You can't know pleasure without knowing pain. You can't understand what happiness is without first knowing sorrow. And you'll never know true success without first feeling failure". It reminds me a lot of my favorite speech called "Man in the Arena" by Theodore Roosevelt.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/manvotional-the-man-in-the-aren…

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
Chance1216
8/25/2021 7:46pm
Not me I,m sure my dad had it tho along with shock treatment 71-76 in and out of the insane asylum. I just got 4 ko,s...
Not me I,m sure my dad had it tho along with shock treatment 71-76 in and out of the insane asylum. I just got 4 ko,s after kindergarten because I wasn’t invisible or the way I was eating. The 3rd I couldn’t get up, so he grabbed me and slammed me on the chair and ko again. A lot worse beatings than that always happened. Anything he got his hands on, including a cow strap with a medal rod. Someone did call the county nurse that was a joke. They ask how did you get these injuries they knew. I couldn’t tell them so they said I was deaf, because I refused to speak.Everyone knew including both grand parents world war 2 vets. One American he was shot in the arm, the other Dutch was in a nazi prison camp. He hated guns yet bought 1 and had it loaded for my dad. No one did anything so you know your on your own, just work on pain tolerence. I was always his shadow on the farm, had to go with him when he would attack some farmer. I knew it was wrong and warned him , that you can not do that to people. it’s a mystery on who committed him the last time. I think it was our priest at confession I said I swore alot, etc he would ask why and I told him. Anyway he gets 7 months in a big insane asylum. He still wants to kill us, my Mom divorced him. Now i had to run the dairy farm at 9 all the field work ,driving,etc we had help milking cows. The farm is sold I worked for the guy at 11 I bought a cow Suzy. 40 yrs later I found out my grandpa gave us that cow in 73. My cow has a bull calf , I feed it for a few weeks then loaded it up and sell it. Bailing hay for all the neighbor farmers I was stacking up the money in the bank. In 8 th grade I was walking my 10 th grade girlfriend home a couple army guys called me a punk rock blank and my girl a slut. I flipped them off cars locks up the brakes they get out to beat me. I ended beating them, I knew I had to change deprogram the violent past not easy to do , but I did it. I started stuttering at 8 practiced and cleared that up. Lesson people really don’t care if they fear for there safety, they will just take care of themselves even your own Mother I think that helped me in life and being a 23 yr old foreman at the biggest pipeline co in America . Dealing with union strikes out east, our Vietnam vet job cordinater not being able to handle meeting with the Phily , Jersey mob to pay them weekly. I say I,ll handle it I respect everyone so I,m not worried about nothing. just another thing to do today.
Just know when I make comments toward you, it’s not in spite or coming from somewhere negative. I’m just joking. Sometimes a bit too much but, I give all my friends shit. Sorry you went through that bud.
8/25/2021 11:02pm
Honestly you find your way threw it and it’s no biggy. Milk checks where 2,500- 2,700 in 76 not many 9 yr old ran a buisness and made that. I was actually paid .85 a week 2 yrs later 85.00. But it set me up for things ahead in life. I was in the ibew, operators, laborers union worked for Michels pipe line the largest utility contractor in America. They hv 16 divisions of construction i worked in a few. I always said I can do that. Like being the only 1 to volunteer to get trained on how to maintain a 28 cylinder locomotive and operate it plowing gas lines in. I worked like a animal and stood out of the 5,500 hard working men. Horizontal drilling guys where know as total animals, the boss called me and said I want you on my crew. 550 million dollar projects , everything got big. No more flying coach , 1st class or Lear jet, limo , acces to 1 if there sho cars, tv crews on the job site, helicopter rides, etc. If you didn’t fly home you got % of the flight aprox 1,100- 1,300 tax free. They always bought the tickets the day b4. Had to deal with union strikes out east, handle payments to the mob. Worked in 40 states and 2 other countries. Club lagoon in Phily one of the women I dated wanted to do a double date with 1 of her friends to nyc. Drinks and dinner on the 106th floor in the north tower. Just by being a enthusiastic hard worker and fun the whole world changed for me. And timing the right place at the right time.

The Shop

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/26/2021 9:15pm
reded301 wrote:
Shit man, I’m 48 and still don’t know what I wanna be if/when I grow up. The good part is I’ve learned enough through the years...
Shit man, I’m 48 and still don’t know what I wanna be if/when I grow up. The good part is I’ve learned enough through the years to get paid pretty well for what I do. Bad part, I don’t necessarily enjoy it. Props to those who make a good living doing what they love. I just don’t think I could love doing anything if I had to do it everyday.
Reded301, you sure sound like my situation. I tried many directions in life. 4 years cramming mechanical Engineering then quit because I had decided to persue a career in aviation. Got my helicopter PPL but failed to pass the commercial licence twice. I gave up trying and have been back wrenching for 13 years. The older I get the tougher i find wrenching on the national circuit. Goddamn long hours, too much travel...it eventually gets to you.

Turning 51 next month and I'm still searching.

Goodluck to you all and I mean it. Its tough out there and the curve balls keep coming.
gt80rider
8/27/2021 12:01pm
Pssst - if u work for someone other than yourself, you are involved in modern slavery.... it is that simple.. and if you are a modern slave, yes, life is gonna suck.... you trade your life, to make someone else a billionaire.... that is modern society... but you don't have to play that game... you can get out of the matrix..... but it is hard for most people, all of whom have been heavily programmed by society to do only what they say....
8/27/2021 8:32pm
reded301 wrote:
Shit man, I’m 48 and still don’t know what I wanna be if/when I grow up. The good part is I’ve learned enough through the years...
Shit man, I’m 48 and still don’t know what I wanna be if/when I grow up. The good part is I’ve learned enough through the years to get paid pretty well for what I do. Bad part, I don’t necessarily enjoy it. Props to those who make a good living doing what they love. I just don’t think I could love doing anything if I had to do it everyday.
Boomslang wrote:
Reded301, you sure sound like my situation. I tried many directions in life. 4 years cramming mechanical Engineering then quit because I had decided to persue...
Reded301, you sure sound like my situation. I tried many directions in life. 4 years cramming mechanical Engineering then quit because I had decided to persue a career in aviation. Got my helicopter PPL but failed to pass the commercial licence twice. I gave up trying and have been back wrenching for 13 years. The older I get the tougher i find wrenching on the national circuit. Goddamn long hours, too much travel...it eventually gets to you.

Turning 51 next month and I'm still searching.

Goodluck to you all and I mean it. Its tough out there and the curve balls keep coming.
A lot of people from all backgrounds upper management, it, construction, Military, police, etc find them selfs into the trucking world. All the driving jobs are radically different. I can say I never had 2 days the same. The co I work for is Bulgarian and Serbians, hard working beautiful women and very interesting, there culture is very different. Very aggressive buisness people and hungry for success. All the details of the office has a European look and vibe. I,m paid as an IC they pay a buisness I started not me, the pay is almost double of a regular w2 job. A lot of stuff goes wrong at any driving job, but the interesting cool and funny people I meet make up for the negative happenings. You can easily pay off a 135k used trk in a yr and save a lot more rt now the rates are real high. I told my work 3 trucks hv south i55 blocked there on strike. They said a few yrs ago rates wouldn’t cover the fuel, so they went on strike with a lot of others. Amazon is a warehousing trucking co with a app to purchase products. Best if you hv your authority you get 100% you can’t add trucks in your 1st yr tho. Pic of inner tandem pin repair in Brazil In. Hot muggy, gravel dust blowing in your face 25 times from air pressure dump trying to get it lined up.

MelonFan123
8/28/2021 4:25pm
gt80rider wrote:
Pssst - if u work for someone other than yourself, you are involved in modern slavery.... it is that simple.. and if you are a modern...
Pssst - if u work for someone other than yourself, you are involved in modern slavery.... it is that simple.. and if you are a modern slave, yes, life is gonna suck.... you trade your life, to make someone else a billionaire.... that is modern society... but you don't have to play that game... you can get out of the matrix..... but it is hard for most people, all of whom have been heavily programmed by society to do only what they say....
Modern slavery? Talk about a glass half empty pov. Sounds like you’ve been burned by an employer in the past?

It’s all perspective. I know plenty of people that are very successful and prefer working in a traditional corporate environment. Not everyone is cut out for the stresses and gambles of being a business owner
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
8/28/2021 5:51pm
gt80rider wrote:
Pssst - if u work for someone other than yourself, you are involved in modern slavery.... it is that simple.. and if you are a modern...
Yeah because everybody who hires someone is a billionaire LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Motodave15
8/30/2021 1:25pm
Hubbard mx! Finish the Degree... No matter what just finish it.

with that said.

Im now an I.T. Engineer IV. making 70k a year with no degree

Unfortunately to start an i.t. career after graduating, you will go straight to the service desk..without real world experience (corporate or MSP) they both have pros and cons. I knew somebody and got into foxfilm's service desk without a degree, they needed people and i knew that was my opportunity to leave behind the trades/merchandising. (Ive done plumbing and electrical trades, didnt care for either, and i was union).

Here is a quick timeline of my I.T. Carreer

- Foxfilm servicedesk 2016: 14$ a hour
- Foxfilm NOC 2018/19: 17$ a hour
- Crappy MSP: 2019: 20$ a hour <----fuck this job lol, i have my reasons
- So cal Edison Traveling engineer 2019: 25$ a hour (Left because it was all contract and never full employee)
- Disney Engineer: 66k a year...covid, almost laid off, held on took a massive paycut. got transferred within my company.
- Goli Gummies: 70k a year now

anyway jumping to current time with Goli, I absolutely love my job Im a one man show onsite and i do everything from racking servers and switches to vlan'ing the network to business meetings to procurement of hardware. patching cables. testing software updates etc. I have my hands in so many pots. i could write a freaking 2 page paper with ease. Anyway there was a time when i wanted to quit I.T. and change career paths.
Timo
8/30/2021 1:38pm
After reading through these, I'll say this, money matters. I loved the last job I was at but it had no retirement matching, and paid less than half of what I'm making now. It will always be my favorite job, but it wasn't worth the low pay to do it. I've been open to moving across multiple states for work, and as a result I've actually done quite well, good enough my wife doesn't have to work. Jobs are jobs, you work them to make the money you need to live the life you want. People who are always saying money doesn't matter probably haven't lived in a studio apartment in the Midwest without AC. Family and friends makes you happy, worrying about money/bills can destroy a happy family.
hubbardmx50
8/30/2021 2:14pm
Timo wrote:
After reading through these, I'll say this, money matters. I loved the last job I was at but it had no retirement matching, and paid less...
After reading through these, I'll say this, money matters. I loved the last job I was at but it had no retirement matching, and paid less than half of what I'm making now. It will always be my favorite job, but it wasn't worth the low pay to do it. I've been open to moving across multiple states for work, and as a result I've actually done quite well, good enough my wife doesn't have to work. Jobs are jobs, you work them to make the money you need to live the life you want. People who are always saying money doesn't matter probably haven't lived in a studio apartment in the Midwest without AC. Family and friends makes you happy, worrying about money/bills can destroy a happy family.
Good stuff. I agree that money is important (unfortunately). Like ProKawi said, I could easily give up on everything I’m doing and go live in San Bernardino in a section 8 apartment, but that’s not the life I want. I want a house, a truck and bikes. And a career with a liveable wage that doesn’t make me miserable.
hubbardmx50
8/30/2021 2:22pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Hubbard mx! Finish the Degree... No matter what just finish it. with that said. Im now an I.T. Engineer IV. making 70k a year with no...

with that said.

Unfortunately to start an i.t. career after graduating, you will go straight to the service desk..without real world experience (corporate or MSP) they both have pros and cons. I knew somebody and got into foxfilm's service desk without a degree, they needed people and i knew that was my opportunity to leave behind the trades/merchandising. (Ive done plumbing and electrical trades, didnt care for either, and i was union).

- So cal Edison Traveling engineer 2019: 25$ a hour (Left because it was all contract and never full employee)
- Disney Engineer: 66k a year...covid, almost laid off, held on took a massive paycut. got transferred within my company.

anyway jumping to current time with Goli, I absolutely love my job Im a one man show onsite and i do everything from racking servers and switches to vlan'ing the network to business meetings to procurement of hardware. patching cables. testing software updates etc. I have my hands in so many pots. i could write a freaking 2 page paper with ease. Anyway there was a time when i wanted to quit I.T. and change career paths.
Good stuff Dave, thank you for the advice. $70k without a degree is pretty dang good. Congrats on all your success. I’m glad to hear you love your current job. Sounds like some pretty scary stuff happened during the peak of COVID over at Disney. That mayor of Anaheim sure was pissed off at Newsom. Haha…

And I’m with you on the plumbing and blue collar careers. All those people seem to be doing good but I don’t think that’s for me. I cleaned and maintained swimming pools last summer. I did enjoy it but man the heat was miserable some days. I couldn’t see myself lasting in a field that physically demanding for very long.

So you’re a network engineer, I really like networking. All this coding and scripting stuff throws me off. I don’t understand it or enjoy it. I do need to get better with command line stuff and practice it more.
Motodave15
8/30/2021 2:45pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Hubbard mx! Finish the Degree... No matter what just finish it. with that said. Im now an I.T. Engineer IV. making 70k a year with no...

with that said.

Good stuff Dave, thank you for the advice. $70k without a degree is pretty dang good. Congrats on all your success. I’m glad to hear you...
Good stuff Dave, thank you for the advice. $70k without a degree is pretty dang good. Congrats on all your success. I’m glad to hear you love your current job. Sounds like some pretty scary stuff happened during the peak of COVID over at Disney. That mayor of Anaheim sure was pissed off at Newsom. Haha…

And I’m with you on the plumbing and blue collar careers. All those people seem to be doing good but I don’t think that’s for me. I cleaned and maintained swimming pools last summer. I did enjoy it but man the heat was miserable some days. I couldn’t see myself lasting in a field that physically demanding for very long.

So you’re a network engineer, I really like networking. All this coding and scripting stuff throws me off. I don’t understand it or enjoy it. I do need to get better with command line stuff and practice it more.
Thankyou and i wish you all the success as well.

Yeah, i trying to learn python scripting and c++ and basically it discombobulated my brain at times lol. So i decide to just learn more of the backbone/hardware/infrastructure I.T. stuff.

currently were actually using Ubiquity devices to run four buildings, its pretty cool. I personally need to learn more cisco related stuff as well.

If you're unfamiliar with spiceworks i highly recommend signing up for their website. https://www.spiceworks.com/ There Forums are amazing for I.T Professionals and students
hubbardmx50
8/30/2021 9:09pm
Motodave15 wrote:

with that said.

Good stuff Dave, thank you for the advice. $70k without a degree is pretty dang good. Congrats on all your success. I’m glad to hear you...

Motodave15 wrote:
Thankyou and i wish you all the success as well. Yeah, i trying to learn python scripting and c++ and basically it discombobulated my brain at...
Thankyou and i wish you all the success as well.

Yeah, i trying to learn python scripting and c++ and basically it discombobulated my brain at times lol. So i decide to just learn more of the backbone/hardware/infrastructure I.T. stuff.

currently were actually using Ubiquity devices to run four buildings, its pretty cool. I personally need to learn more cisco related stuff as well.

If you're unfamiliar with spiceworks i highly recommend signing up for their website. https://www.spiceworks.com/ There Forums are amazing for I.T Professionals and students
Yeah same here. I installed python a long time ago, used it about five times and didn't understand it or see the benefit. Also took an intro to programming class back in Community College and didn't care for it. I don't understand what people even use it for honestly. I guess maybe to run something quicker than you could in the command line? Maybe when I start working and actually have real tasks to do I'll get it. Coding isn't what I'd want to do for work (or in general) anyways so I'm not too worried about it. Just like you I'm much more interested in the actual hardware and using my problem solving skills I've learned from Moto and other things I do to trouble shoot networks. I've heard ubiquity is making a big push recently. Maybe I could work for them and do sales or something.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
8/31/2021 1:35am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2021 1:38am

Wait wait, you know how to clean & service swimming pools ? You free Wednesdays ? Laughing 20 close stops in San Clemente, (30 degrees cooler than Cucamunga) less than 8 hours a day. $200’ a day cash. Paid that day.
THE hardest part of having a pool route is finding guys to do the work. Yeah it’s hard work but you’ll never run out. Once they dig that hole they’re fucked. A pool is like a boat, except you can sell or sink a boat to make it go away 😜
hubbardmx50
9/3/2021 9:47am

sumdood wrote:
Wait wait, you know how to clean & service swimming pools ? You free Wednesdays ? :laugh: 20 close stops in San Clemente, (30 degrees cooler...
Wait wait, you know how to clean & service swimming pools ? You free Wednesdays ? Laughing 20 close stops in San Clemente, (30 degrees cooler than Cucamunga) less than 8 hours a day. $200’ a day cash. Paid that day.
THE hardest part of having a pool route is finding guys to do the work. Yeah it’s hard work but you’ll never run out. Once they dig that hole they’re fucked. A pool is like a boat, except you can sell or sink a boat to make it go away 😜
I mean I wasn’t the best at it. But for only doing it for five months I picked it up pretty quick and would probably be pretty good at it by now had I stuck with it. It sure was a great core and leg work out. I really liked the guy I worked for and the schedule was bitchin’ Monday-Thursday. But when school started back up I decided to quit. And I’m glad I did. I guess if shit hits the fan and I have no other options, I’ll come work for you sumdood. You’ll just have to pay me whatever is considered a liveable wage down there in San Clemente, and find me a place to live…. Lol. 20 stops in one day is a big load. Unless half are only Chem stops. I think my busiest day was 15 cleanings in Upland, and I thought that was pretty gnarly. Especially on the hot days.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
9/3/2021 3:38pm
I mean I wasn’t the best at it. But for only doing it for five months I picked it up pretty quick and would probably be...
I mean I wasn’t the best at it. But for only doing it for five months I picked it up pretty quick and would probably be pretty good at it by now had I stuck with it. It sure was a great core and leg work out. I really liked the guy I worked for and the schedule was bitchin’ Monday-Thursday. But when school started back up I decided to quit. And I’m glad I did. I guess if shit hits the fan and I have no other options, I’ll come work for you sumdood. You’ll just have to pay me whatever is considered a liveable wage down there in San Clemente, and find me a place to live…. Lol. 20 stops in one day is a big load. Unless half are only Chem stops. I think my busiest day was 15 cleanings in Upland, and I thought that was pretty gnarly. Especially on the hot days.
15 in upland sounds way gnarlier than 20 in San Clemente 😂. The 20 stops would be with 5 or 6 spas. Mine are all close together, a lot of neighbors and 4 or 5 on the same street etc. Drive time and mileage is minimal (once your in San Clemente) lol. It’s a young mans game for sure.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/4/2021 5:52am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 5:52am
I see this thread is still going on…One thing I found very valuable when I was your age was spending a few years working in the trades..For me I spent the first few summers during my college years working for a landscaper and then the last couple years I worked residential construction (roughing, roofing, siding, finish, remodels, etc.). That experience has paid off many times and likely saved me tens of thousands of dollars over the years.

After graduating I had initially decided I wanted to stay in the residential construction business for good, until I tore my ACL one weekend racing MX and realized I needed a desk job to get it repaired!

Point is, do some different shit while your young to gain experience.
9/6/2021 9:01pm
Happy Labor
day everyone. My apple phone had 9-7 so I drove into Phoenix and delivered the haz mat load this morning. Then had a trailer tire changed that took all day. The parking lot was full I just thought freight might b slow in Az. Doing laundry and stuff, I look at my pocket calendar and it’s 9-6 Labor Day. Haha
9/7/2021 8:05pm
It's Pro's world. We're just living in it.
Sorry it’s the only work thread. So I delivered a day early on Labor Day which I didn’t realize. I might b working too much. This morning the new tire is flat, I think it’s the stupid auto air fill hoses or 1 of them. Pics texts and calls I end up going to speedco they handle Loves warranty work. That took all day. My dispatch guy was supposed to tell payroll, to get my 1,500 paid they owe me. He takes a vacation with out doing so. I talked to the new hr Eastern Europe girl Samara and nothing is done.
hubbardmx50
9/8/2021 6:29pm
It's Pro's world. We're just living in it.
Sorry it’s the only work thread. So I delivered a day early on Labor Day which I didn’t realize. I might b working too much. This...
Sorry it’s the only work thread. So I delivered a day early on Labor Day which I didn’t realize. I might b working too much. This morning the new tire is flat, I think it’s the stupid auto air fill hoses or 1 of them. Pics texts and calls I end up going to speedco they handle Loves warranty work. That took all day. My dispatch guy was supposed to tell payroll, to get my 1,500 paid they owe me. He takes a vacation with out doing so. I talked to the new hr Eastern Europe girl Samara and nothing is done.
Glad you were able to get the tire fixed under warranty and hope you had a good Labor Day.
9/8/2021 9:38pm
I,m in Ontario Ca. Now right below your town. The 55 mph in the state is bs. I tried to drive at 65 but you get grouped up with other trucks. The truck goes 72-73 on the flat so that’s what I kept it at. It’s safer than being in a pack and I hv to push to get a parking spot. Compton Ca. Delivery at 08.00
hubbardmx50
9/8/2021 10:41pm
I,m in Ontario Ca. Now right below your town. The 55 mph in the state is bs. I tried to drive at 65 but you get...
I,m in Ontario Ca. Now right below your town. The 55 mph in the state is bs. I tried to drive at 65 but you get grouped up with other trucks. The truck goes 72-73 on the flat so that’s what I kept it at. It’s safer than being in a pack and I hv to push to get a parking spot. Compton Ca. Delivery at 08.00
Yeah our speed limits here are retarded. Yep Im right by Ontario.
hubbardmx50
9/12/2021 9:24pm
Yeah that’s basically what I’m afraid will happen. Every day I think about quitting this and working at a dealership or something. I took a SQL class last fall but had a hard time with it. It was full online with no lectures.
hubbardmx50
9/13/2021 6:56pm
San Diego, OC or LA you will need to make over $100k a year definitely. In the inland empire you're away from the city life and can make it by on way less. I'm not saying the IE is the greatest place on earth, it's not, but I would never move to any of those big cities. The crowds would drive me crazy, haha. And being out here I have 4-5 good tracks an hour away. I was quite interested in how much Jeremy Albrecht said he loves North Carolina on his Whiskey Throttle Show podcast.

Post a reply to: Life/Career/Education advice

The Latest