I'm just heartbroken

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2019 6:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2019 7:18 AM

Just got back from the Vet,

I just had to put my dog down, she was16 & in pain even thou she didn't show it.

She couldn't stand up by herself & If I helped her she would take a few steps & fall down.

She quit eating & drinking 48 hours ago,I couldn't get to even try to eat.

I couldn't see letting her go on like this! Just laying there & not moving & being exhausted.

Man this is tough to deal with!

I'll miss her, it's been 16 years that I had her around!

Thanks for listing to me rant!

|

00' BMW K1200 RS
83' Maico 490 ( The Project bike)
81' Maico 490- FOR SALE
03' KTM 525 SX (In ICU)
14.5 KTM 450 Fe- FOR SALE

12/9/2019 6:36 AM

Cherish the 16 years you had her and the memories you were able to make! Based on your post, I can bet that dog lived a great life and you were a lifelong companion to her! Cheers to you both!

|

12/9/2019 6:47 AM

Sorry to hear that, I'm to the point that I realize when my dog goes I'll be a complete mess.

|

12/9/2019 7:27 AM

Sorry man

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

12/9/2019 7:47 AM

Next to losing a family member (which pets are), this is the worst. Sorry homie.

|

12/9/2019 7:51 AM

We had to let our dog of 15 years go last week. I was total mess for days prior and after. Still am occasionally. Grown ass man weeping about a pup...

I'm thankful for our time together. I miss her every day.

Dogs are better than most people.

|

12/9/2019 7:52 AM

Very sorry to read this, my condolences.

|

12/9/2019 7:52 AM

brogge wrote:

We had to let our dog of 15 years go last week. I was total mess for days prior and after. Still am occasionally. Grown ass man weeping about a pup...

Dogs are better than every Human.

|

12/9/2019 8:04 AM

So sorry for the loss, man

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

12/9/2019 8:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2019 8:07 AM

it doesn't make it any easier but we get dogs knowing full well that we will out-live them. what we don't realize is the bond and impact we're going to have with our pet. sounds like you gave yours a great life and the love was certainly returned. sorry for your loss

|

12/9/2019 8:46 AM

Losing a dog sucks no getting around that.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

12/9/2019 9:27 AM

Sorry man!

|

12/9/2019 11:18 AM

Sad news. I'm sorry to hear that. I had my kids shitzu put down last year. One of the hardest things I ever had to do. I think it was harder on me then the kids. Had her for 14 years.

|

12/9/2019 11:29 AM

Sorry for your loss man. It rips you apart. Cherish all the good memories you have and know that you gave her the best life you could and took care of her from beginning to end.

It's sad that so many pets don't get that quality of life. You did good man.Positive thoughts your way.

|

12/9/2019 12:14 PM

So sorry man. I'll be a mess when my pup passes on someday..... You made tons of great memories, cherish them all! You and yours are in my prayers.

|

12/9/2019 2:02 PM

They trust you to do your best for them and sometimes that's pain full for you.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

12/9/2019 4:31 PM

So sorry brother!

|

12/9/2019 4:51 PM

Man I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Not much to say except do the best you can. My little girl who's only 7 has had a tough last couple years and I give her all I can to make things better as Im sure you did. As many have said dogs are our kids and family and better than most people. sucks to lose them. praying for you brothersad sad

|

12/9/2019 5:01 PM

Been there, it sucks. Its been 3yrs and I still think about him from time to time as well as have his pic as wallpaper on my pc at work.

|

12/9/2019 5:17 PM

Tough, for sure.
Betting she lived an awesome life, Howard.

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

12/9/2019 5:23 PM

Man I'm so sorry.. Dogs just never live long enough

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

12/9/2019 5:28 PM

Our thoughts are with you. The very best part of life is with your furry best pals and then the very worst time in our life when losing our best pals.
The unconditional love deserves to outlive us.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

12/9/2019 6:57 PM

You did the best thing for your buddy. We wanted to wait from Friday to Monday one year and he really went downhill overnight. We had to do it on Fathers Day of 2009. It was awful to see a really intelligent and energetic Aussie deteriorate so badly and so fast from cancer. I'll never wait again, we owe that to our pets.
So sorry for your loss BigMaico.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

12/9/2019 7:18 PM

brogge wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

Dogs are better than every Human.

My dogs definitely my best friend. If you’re ever unsure, just lock your dog and your wife in a trunk for 3 hours. When you open it, guess who’s happy to see you!

All kidding aside, sorry for your loss. I have a 11 year old yellow lab. Shes startin to slow down and I don’t like it...

|

12/10/2019 10:19 AM

Sorry for your loss brother, its hard to say bye to our furry loved ones. By the sounds of it you gave her a great life and I'm sure she knows it. Prayers during this rough time man.

|

"Racing is Life - Everything Else is Just Waiting"

12/10/2019 2:36 PM

Sorry to hear it.

I'm not really a cat person, but my girlfriend has had a pair of them since we've been together...over nine years. I have a feeling that when they go I'll find that I was more attached to them than I thought.

|

12/10/2019 4:54 PM

Sorry BigMaico. I lost my Roxie (border collie cross) in a similar way a couple of years ago. She was old and in pain and couldn’t stand either. I bawled like a baby.

|

12/10/2019 6:01 PM

I'm an OF (old fucker) so have been through quite a few dogs in my life. As said before, the loss when they pass feels greater than a lot of humans in my life. I've definitely cried harder at the loss of some of my dog best friends than at a lot of human funerals. I feel for you man.

|

12/11/2019 6:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2019 6:57 AM

Foghorn wrote:

I'm an OF (old fucker) so have been through quite a few dogs in my life. As said before, the loss when they pass feels greater than a lot of humans in my life. I've definitely cried harder at the loss of some of my dog best friends than at a lot of human funerals. I feel for you man.

Amen to that.....

Sorry to hear about your dog, maico.
Sounds like she had a great 16 years with you and that's all a dog could ask for.

It's the hardest thing to do in life for me and one of the saddest.

|

12/11/2019 6:56 PM

Sorry for your loss. A dog just can't be beat. This video is perfect.

|

Anyone but Ralph!