I'm in a bit of s*** here....

Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
7/24/2021 9:33am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2021 1:09pm
My eldest daughter just walked in with a Carrot cake and some wrapped gifts. She has been out since before I woke up. The time is 18h12.

I've just asked her whats the cake for and her eyes widened like saucers....she replied, it's Mom's birthday. Blink

I've been so fixated with SBK today, the Rugby and now Washougal that I completely forgot.

Now I'm in the shit and desperate to make right. I'm off to the corner shop to buy a big bunch of flowers just to take the edge off the dagger and deal with the gift that was not available today....but they'll have it in store tomorrow morning WhistlingWhistling
.......still dont know what to get her but that's tomorrow's problem. Buggerall I can do about it now.

Some of you must have been through this scenario yourselves.....

My only saving grace is the missus has patience and is forgiving....but I feel really bad as she never forgets b-days

|
SEE ARE125
7/24/2021 10:09am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2021 10:11am
Quick, order something online and tell her you ordered her something but have no idea why it hasn’t shown up yet because “they said it would be here yesterday” and act all pissed off like the shipper ruined her birthday instead of you. Don’t forget to walk out and check the mailbox like you’re looking for something, then stomp away from the mailbox looking all upset.
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
7/24/2021 11:40am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Quick, order something online and tell her you ordered her something but have no idea why it hasn’t shown up yet because “they said it would...
Quick, order something online and tell her you ordered her something but have no idea why it hasn’t shown up yet because “they said it would be here yesterday” and act all pissed off like the shipper ruined her birthday instead of you. Don’t forget to walk out and check the mailbox like you’re looking for something, then stomp away from the mailbox looking all upset.
This made me laugh.. I’ve done this so many times it’s horrible.

I usually run and buy a card and then make it up by telling her I’m taking her on a vacation somewhere.
7/24/2021 11:55am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2021 11:55am
When I was married, I forgot our anniversary one year. Thankfully, I was reading our church's bulletin and noticed that it was our anniversary! I very quickly went to a jewelry store and bought her a diamond necklace which she loved. I barely got out of that one. Perhaps a bit of divine intervention.

The Shop

KMC440
7/24/2021 1:24pm
Go get her a vacuum ... or a carpet scrubber ... women always love that stuff.

Currently not married. 👍😉
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
7/24/2021 1:25pm
Don’t worry, your family has been through lots lately. Just Show her love. You have had worse days.
kongols
7/24/2021 2:52pm
KMC440 wrote:
Go get her a vacuum ... or a carpet scrubber ... women always love that stuff.

Currently not married. 👍😉
Ha
G-man
7/24/2021 5:26pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Quick, order something online and tell her you ordered her something but have no idea why it hasn’t shown up yet because “they said it would...
Brilliant, I'm gonna havta remember that in case I F up! Laughing
SEE ARE125
7/24/2021 5:40pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
G-man wrote:
Brilliant, I'm gonna havta remember that in case I F up! Laughing
Yeah, I was in a jamb and thought “Why didn’t I just get something a few days ago?” then it hit me. Maybe I did buy something a few days ago, but the package is running late… Works ok in a pinch, but don’t make a habit of it. Laughing
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
7/24/2021 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2021 5:33am
Lowes garden center has saved me countless times less than a mile away. I can sneak out and back and no one is the wiser. I am going to be out of luck in the same scenario once we move out to our property in the middle of nowhere.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Fonzarelli
7/24/2021 9:03pm
Always keep some backup cards and maybe even a backup present stashed away somewhere for just such an occasion.
racin mason
7/24/2021 9:35pm
Birthday Back rub. You might even get lucky afterwards
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
7/25/2021 3:24am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
This is South Africa and its a frikken gamble ordering anything online....

I got her a big bunch of flowers this morning and a hair salod voucher which she is pretty happy with....safe to say that the dust has settled somewhat.
Robgvx
7/25/2021 3:36am
Download one of these:

Mcflurry98
7/25/2021 3:53am
I've always believed in being honest and admitting that I messed up. I don't know about your wife, but while mine gets mad when I forget something, it has nothing compared to the absolute nuclear bomb that goes off if she catches me telling even the slightest lie to her.

We are all human and make mistakes, I'm sure your wife will forgive you after being upset for a day or two.
M1000
7/25/2021 9:28am
Mcflurry98 wrote:
I've always believed in being honest and admitting that I messed up. I don't know about your wife, but while mine gets mad when I forget...
I've always believed in being honest and admitting that I messed up. I don't know about your wife, but while mine gets mad when I forget something, it has nothing compared to the absolute nuclear bomb that goes off if she catches me telling even the slightest lie to her.

We are all human and make mistakes, I'm sure your wife will forgive you after being upset for a day or two.
Agree, don’t lie. However pick up something she likes, take her to dinner. Then 180 days from now (6 months), surprise her with a half birthday present. Get some good lovinnnn. 🥰
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
7/26/2021 1:09pm
"Covid-related temporary insanity and/or absentmindedness." Boom! You're absolved.

Post a reply to: I'm in a bit of s*** here....

The Latest