I’m a narcissistic liberal from California. I need attention to feel validated. Ask me questions so I can respond with platitudes and ambiguity.

akillerwombat
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2024 11:09am

I'm not going to be around for long (most likely not past today) but in the spirit of "come togetherness" if anyone has any questions for a libtard like me, ask away. And if no one wants this thread, then cool, just let it slowly sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Note: I'm not looking to get into debates or answering "gotcha" type questions so don't get angry if I don't answer everything. I just want to see if I can share some opinions that I and those around me hold vs the opinions you all seem to believe people like me hold.

Can we keep it light?

8/10/2022 12:17pm
Do you think you get a good value for that $0.50 state tax per gallon of gas?
8/10/2022 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2022 12:23pm
Who closes the bus door when the driver gets off?

Which letter is silent in "scent"; the s or the c?

And finally. If your shirt isn't tucked into your pants, does that mean your pants are tucked into your shirt?
bichwolf
8/10/2022 12:23pm
Does CA subsidize pegging parties?
McG194
8/10/2022 12:26pm
Legit question. Why do you trust the government to do things better than the private sector when they have proven time and again they don't ever get anything right?

The Shop

vet323
8/10/2022 12:38pm
Does Grendel snore?
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 12:47pm
I think the potential value of that tax is amazing. In practicality, eh. It could for sure be better.
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 12:49pm
Who closes the bus door when the driver gets off? Which letter is silent in "scent"; the s or the c? And finally. If your shirt...

And finally. If your shirt isn't tucked into your pants, does that mean your pants are tucked into your shirt?
The bus driver. I seen it many times.

English yet again demonstrating why it's such a hard language to learn. Gives you a bit more respect for those who come here and learn our language.

That depends on your definition of what a quad is.
8/10/2022 12:51pm
[b]Who closes the bus door when the driver gets off?[/b] The bus driver. I seen it many times. [b]Which letter is silent in "scent"; the s...
The bus driver. I seen it many times.

English yet again demonstrating why it's such a hard language to learn. Gives you a bit more respect for those who come here and learn our language.

That depends on your definition of what a quad is.
Thank you, I can finally get some sleep tonight without these questions banging around in my head.
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 12:51pm
bichwolf wrote:
Does CA subsidize pegging parties?
NC hasn't figured out how to get the government to pay them to fuck yet?
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2022 12:55pm
McG194 wrote:
Legit question. Why do you trust the government to do things better than the private sector when they have proven time and again they don't ever...
Legit question. Why do you trust the government to do things better than the private sector when they have proven time and again they don't ever get anything right?
I don't trust either to do the right thing all the time and there are countless examples of both sides royally fucking shit up time and time again.

That said, life expectancy in the US has nearly double in the last 160 years. Being that we don't believe in evolution around here I'd say we all owe both businesses and the government a debt of gratitude for that. Balance. Everything is about balance.
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 12:55pm
vet323 wrote:
Does Grendel snore?
In your dreams or mine?
peelout
8/10/2022 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2022 1:08pm
what is the definition of woman
(asking for a friend)
8/10/2022 1:11pm
would you like to see newsome as the next POTUS?
8/10/2022 1:12pm
I think the potential value of that tax is amazing. In practicality, eh. It could for sure be better.
Yeah it just seems wild to me, I would love to see an audit of where all that money goes. I was out there for about five years. I saw them rushing to repair the roads right before the vote on the gas tax and then as soon as it passed, the crews disappeared.

akillerwombat
8/10/2022 1:18pm
peelout wrote:
(asking for a friend)
Flatliner
8/10/2022 1:23pm
How bad are the homeless camps, really.
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 1:24pm
Yeah it just seems wild to me, I would love to see an audit of where all that money goes. I was out there for about...
Yeah it just seems wild to me, I would love to see an audit of where all that money goes. I was out there for about five years. I saw them rushing to repair the roads right before the vote on the gas tax and then as soon as it passed, the crews disappeared.

As someone who lives in a state where a fair amount of my tax money goes to helping other states I quite often find myself thinking the same exact thing as I drive through the states that take my money, where does it all go?

That said, ramping up shit before elections then doing jack shit is pretty common in all the states... thank god we live in a 24/7/365 election ramp up or else nothing would get done.
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2022 1:25pm
Flatliner wrote:
How bad are the homeless camps, really.
The same as everywhere else that has homeless camps; awful.
LungButter
8/10/2022 1:33pm
What states does California give money to?

All the folks fleeing from there to other states and taking their money with them isn't what you're talking about is it?
SEE ARE125
8/10/2022 1:37pm
Do you think corporations should “pay their fair share” by paying higher taxes?

(There may be a follow up question once/if you answer this one.)
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2022 1:41pm
LungButter wrote:
What states does California give money to? All the folks fleeing from there to other states and taking their money with them isn't what you're talking...
What states does California give money to?

All the folks fleeing from there to other states and taking their money with them isn't what you're talking about is it?
https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

Edit: And just a heads up, be wary of these rich people leaving California under the cloak of "freedom". It's bullshit. I know a fuck ton of them. Rich people want to leave California because they want to bleed these places dry. It's the fashion model. Watch out!
vet323
8/10/2022 1:39pm
As someone who lives in a state where a fair amount of my tax money goes to helping other states I quite often find myself thinking...
As someone who lives in a state where a fair amount of my tax money goes to helping other states I quite often find myself thinking the same exact thing as I drive through the states that take my money, where does it all go?

That said, ramping up shit before elections then doing jack shit is pretty common in all the states... thank god we live in a 24/7/365 election ramp up or else nothing would get done.
You don't spend a penny more in federal taxes as a Cali resident than you would as a resident of Wyoming. Non of those smaller states are taking your money.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/10/2022 1:46pm
vet323 wrote:
You don't spend a penny more in federal taxes as a Cali resident than you would as a resident of Wyoming. Non of those smaller states...
You don't spend a penny more in federal taxes as a Cali resident than you would as a resident of Wyoming. Non of those smaller states are taking your money.
Some states get back more in federal money than they put in, some get back less than they put in. Not universally true, but typically the Democrat ran states give money and the republican ran states take.
akillerwombat
8/10/2022 1:48pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:

I don't think I've ever really believed in the concept of "should pay their fair share". I'm more in the camp of, "we shouldn't let corporations dictate how their tax money is spent".

We know a lot of super wealthy people here in Los Angeles, and they do pay a good amount of taxes, but when you get to cherry pick where you want those large sums of money go to it becomes quite problematic for society as a whole.

Long story short, for a couple years I helped Toyota give away 31 cars in December and they let people vote which charity the car would go to and the first year all 31 cars went to animal shelters instead of charities for humans. That's a problem.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
8/10/2022 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2022 1:52pm
How did you personally feel Newsom handled the one very debatable reaction to the pandemic.

It was okay to leave Home depot, Walmarts etc alone and yet anyone with a small business with 2-3 clients inside at a time had to close up shop. I personally know several friends who lost everything when they were driven out of business due to the closures. Do you feel the virus was not allowed into stores that had hundreds of customers at a time but in a small store it swarmed like a tidal wave to sicken anyone who got near mom/pops gift shop?

And thanks for coming here and asking this, I don’t always agree with your opinion but I have always respected it. Nice to have you back
LungButter
8/10/2022 2:00pm
[url=https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/]https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/[/url] [b]Edit:[/b] And just a heads up, be wary of these rich people leaving California under the cloak of "freedom". It's bullshit. I know a fuck...
https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

Edit: And just a heads up, be wary of these rich people leaving California under the cloak of "freedom". It's bullshit. I know a fuck ton of them. Rich people want to leave California because they want to bleed these places dry. It's the fashion model. Watch out!
Follow up question: Isn't that link talking about Federal Money?

Also, it's not only the rich leaving.... they ain't building subdivisions as packed as tightly as possible on every available inch of Boise Town so that the rich can live in them....
LoudLove
8/10/2022 2:01pm
Why can’t you tickle yourself? Seriously, why?
SEE ARE125
8/10/2022 2:03pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:

I don't think I've ever really believed in the concept of "should pay their fair share". I'm more in the camp of, "we shouldn't let corporations...
I don't think I've ever really believed in the concept of "should pay their fair share". I'm more in the camp of, "we shouldn't let corporations dictate how their tax money is spent".

We know a lot of super wealthy people here in Los Angeles, and they do pay a good amount of taxes, but when you get to cherry pick where you want those large sums of money go to it becomes quite problematic for society as a whole.

Long story short, for a couple years I helped Toyota give away 31 cars in December and they let people vote which charity the car would go to and the first year all 31 cars went to animal shelters instead of charities for humans. That's a problem.
Fair enough. I can’t understand how a lot of people don’t see that if corporations were to pay higher taxes that they wouldn’t just absorb the cost of said taxes. They would raise the prices of their goods/services to cover those taxes, effectively passing the tax bill onto us, the consumer.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
8/10/2022 2:06pm
peelout wrote:
(asking for a friend)
😂 he gets me every time.
Post a reply to: I’m a narcissistic liberal from California. I need attention to feel validated. Ask me questions so I can respond with platitudes and ambiguity.

This forum thread has been locked.

The Latest