If you fly......you better watch this. Scary as hell. PC taking over FAA.

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 6/16/2018 10:36am
I came across this video last night , and was honestly shocked. I re-watched it again , to make sure I understood what Tucker was saying here. This is where " political correctness " and " Diversity " crosses the line , when it starts putting everyone else in danger. Who in their right mind would think this kind of testing is ok?

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/9/2018 11:44am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2018 12:38pm
"It was determined that the workforce was too white".

I don't care if the entire workforce is all white, all black, all Chinese, etc. If the person that got hired for the job is the most qualified for it that's how it should be.

But no, let's hire people that are less competent for the job and disregard people's safety just so we can have diversity in the workplace. Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.
Ebs
6/9/2018 12:14pm
It's nothing new, sadly.
TXDirt
6/9/2018 12:26pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
"It was determined that the workforce was too white". I don't care if the entire workforce is all white, all black, all Chinese, etc. If the...
"It was determined that the workforce was too white".

I don't care if the entire workforce is all white, all black, all Chinese, etc. If the person that got hired for the job is the most qualified for it that's how it should be.

But no, let's hire people that are less competent for the job and disregard people's safety just so we can have diversity in the workplace. Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.
I don't care if the entire workforce is all white, all black, all chinese, etc. If the person that got hired for the job is the most qualified for it that's how it should be.

Careful, you will immediately be labeled a racist with that kind of level headed unbiased thinking. Once labeled a racist by the leftist haters you will likely lose your job too.
Ebs
6/9/2018 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2018 12:42pm
It's not about equal opportunity anymore, it's about equal results.

In a hypocritical way, it's gone full circle back to using demographics as the reason for influencing a judgement.

The Shop

MotoMo165
6/9/2018 1:45pm
What I’m understanding from y’alls comments is that, they’re now hiring pilots based off skin color and not how competent they are in the air. That is absolutely fucked
JAFO92
6/9/2018 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2018 1:54pm
uk125250 wrote:
Harrison Bergeron
Yep. Handicapper General.

I had to write a research paper on that story in college. Vonnegut was sooooooooooo ahead of his time and to this day my fav author.
jeffro503
6/9/2018 2:15pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
What I’m understanding from y’alls comments is that, they’re now hiring pilots based off skin color and not how competent they are in the air. That...
What I’m understanding from y’alls comments is that, they’re now hiring pilots based off skin color and not how competent they are in the air. That is absolutely fucked
It's worse then that. It's not just a pilot of one airplane......it's the air traffic controller's , who guide all the aircraft in the sky.

Just a short blurb from the video , and yes this is strait from an FFA test.......if you are a minority , or played sports in school , or been unemployed for 3 years ( compared to actually having a job ).....you will score higher points , then an actual pilot , or a former Air traffic controller.

Points for playing sports in school : 10
Points for being a pilot : 2
More points if you're not white.
Less points if you were employed over the past 3 years.

And from what I took from the video , this happened during the Obama administration , and was kept hidden. Until last week when this story broke , I couldn't find any info on it before that. At least not on any main stream media.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/9/2018 3:26pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
What I’m understanding from y’alls comments is that, they’re now hiring pilots based off skin color and not how competent they are in the air. That...
It’s been done with the fire department for years. Doesn’t matter what qualifications you have, if you aren’t the right race you will be passed over for someone that is, regardless who is the most qualified
TXDirt
6/9/2018 3:35pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
It’s been done with the fire department for years. Doesn’t matter what qualifications you have, if you aren’t the right race you will be passed over...
It’s been done with the fire department for years. Doesn’t matter what qualifications you have, if you aren’t the right race you will be passed over for someone that is, regardless who is the most qualified
I have family in CA who works for the FD and who were passed over for years due to being the wrong color. That color being white.
Ebs
6/9/2018 3:44pm
It's a pretty standard thing in gov jobs. Gender, race, veteran status, disability, etc are all scored differently.

It's a similar deal in the bidding process for gov contracts as well. Probably lots of guys running a business out there who list their wife as the business owner.
RACERX69
6/9/2018 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2018 3:56pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
It's worse then that. It's not just a pilot of one airplane......it's the air traffic controller's , who guide all the aircraft in the sky. Just...
It's worse then that. It's not just a pilot of one airplane......it's the air traffic controller's , who guide all the aircraft in the sky.

Just a short blurb from the video , and yes this is strait from an FFA test.......if you are a minority , or played sports in school , or been unemployed for 3 years ( compared to actually having a job ).....you will score higher points , then an actual pilot , or a former Air traffic controller.

Points for playing sports in school : 10
Points for being a pilot : 2
More points if you're not white.
Less points if you were employed over the past 3 years.

And from what I took from the video , this happened during the Obama administration , and was kept hidden. Until last week when this story broke , I couldn't find any info on it before that. At least not on any main stream media.
This was actually reported during the waning years of Obama's tenure, but didn't garner much attention from the media at that time... other than maybe Fox News. Guess it was business as usual with the MSM burying anything remotely negative about Barry Obama.

My Dad was an Air Traffic Controller for 31 years(1969-2000') and worked at one of the busiest terminal control centers in the country. He also spent time training new controllers during a period in the mid 90's. According to him, even back then, minorities were shown favor during the hiring process. If you were a minority, your minimum score to pass the Air Traffic Control test was a 70. If you were Caucasian, it was a 90. Fortunately, most of these folks never made through training and were usually bounced over to a small regional airport where their lack of skills weren't as much an issue. They were still Air Traffic Controllers though and controlling airplanes and lives. Just not as many. I wonder how many applicants who would've gone on to be great Air Traffic Controllers were passed over because of their skin color? My late father would be appalled at the current hiring practices of the FAA.
newmann
6/9/2018 3:55pm
The Vital PC popo should be along anytime now to tell all of you that you're all full of shit and ….Faux News.

akillerwombat
6/9/2018 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2018 4:16pm
newmann wrote:
The Vital PC popo should be along anytime now to tell all of you that you're all full of shit and ….Faux News.

Nah, it's way more fun to watch you guys scare the shit out of each other every 12 minutes over some dumb shit you didn't know about till "Faux News" does a piece on it.
6/9/2018 4:20pm
newmann wrote:

Nah, it's way more fun to watch you guys scare the shit out of each other every 12 minutes over some dumb shit you didn't know...
Nah, it's way more fun to watch you guys scare the shit out of each other every 12 minutes over some dumb shit you didn't know about till "Faux News" does a piece on it.
Reminds me of that incident last summer when people of color should be afraid to go outside due to the 75 people that gathered with tiki torches that one time.
akillerwombat
6/9/2018 4:29pm
Reminds me of that incident last summer when people of color should be afraid to go outside due to the 75 people that gathered with tiki...
Reminds me of that incident last summer when people of color should be afraid to go outside due to the 75 people that gathered with tiki torches that one time.
We can both agree this "gotcha" response didn't have that good snap feeling you were looking for, right?
6/9/2018 5:27pm
Reminds me of that incident last summer when people of color should be afraid to go outside due to the 75 people that gathered with tiki...
We can both agree this "gotcha" response didn't have that good snap feeling you were looking for, right?
I agree! Fear mongering is used by the media on both sides. The only difference is 85-90% of the media sit on one side while the other 10-15% sit on the other. So we are exposed to one sides argument a lot more than the other.
jeffro503
6/9/2018 9:38pm
newmann wrote:

Nah, it's way more fun to watch you guys scare the shit out of each other every 12 minutes over some dumb shit you didn't know...
You think we would of heard the details about this on CNN?

See , this is what I'm talking about. Certain news station's don't report on things like this , even if it has the potential to kill a bunch of people from negligence. It does not / will not fit in the agenda of what CNN report's on.

Wombat......can you seriously ( And I mean this with the utmost respect ) come in here , and tell me that you agree with the way the tests are done in the FFA? Forget about every other topic , just focus on this one here.
akillerwombat
6/10/2018 12:54am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2018 1:00am
jeffro503 wrote:
You think we would of heard the details about this on CNN? See , this is what I'm talking about. Certain news station's don't report on...

See , this is what I'm talking about. Certain news station's don't report on things like this , even if it has the potential to kill a bunch of people from negligence. It does not / will not fit in the agenda of what CNN report's on.

Wombat......can you seriously ( And I mean this with the utmost respect ) come in here , and tell me that you agree with the way the tests are done in the FFA? Forget about every other topic , just focus on this one here.
I don't have enough experience in this field to agree or disagree with the testing; I do however have the ability to access readily available data to see the results of the testing.

And the data (of which WASN'T MENTIONED ONCE in the entire 8 minutes of that "story") shows that this form of testing has only continued the downward trend of airplane accidents since it's implementation 5 years ago... but Tucker Carlson wouldn't tell you that. Nor would he tell you that you have to have 3 years of working experience in a field related to aviation to begin training to become an air traffic controller... also not strange how he left off that it takes 2 - 4+ years of training to become fully certified.

Maybe CNN isn't running this story because it's not a story; it's a scare tactic, it's a blame Obama tactic, and most of all it's a ratings boost tactic... all of which are the Fox News tactic. A tactic you all bought hook, line, and ad watching revenue boosting sinker.
KMC440
6/10/2018 6:39am
So it was implemented 5yrs ago and it takes 2 to 4yrs to become certified... we should be seeing the fruits of these hiring practices soon then.
I want the best available individual in those positions. I don't care if they're skin is purple.
SEEMEFIRST
6/10/2018 10:25am
Future Farmers of America?
Yes
Pro circuit is taking over FFA
My daughter was Secretary of her FFA chapter at 17, then became treasurer.
Knowing how that girl spends money, maybe they do need different standards.
APLMAN99
6/10/2018 11:09am
newmann wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
You think we would of heard the details about this on CNN? See , this is what I'm talking about. Certain news station's don't report on...

From what it appears, the standards for training have not changed. So the claim that this "has the potential to kill a bunch of people from negligence" is hyperbolic hysteria at best.

In reading actual reports on the practice, it sounds like the new "filter" tests were designed based on factors derived from answers given by the most successful controllers. It's not really surprising that competing in anything at at least an inter scholastic level is a trait shared by a large number of successful people. And there are no "points" given for being "not white", either. But I'm sure that won't matter to folks who are upset that a few people who would have made it past the first level of screening are now not, and people who may have untraditional backgrounds but match profiles of successful controllers are, especially if some of those candidates don't happen to be white.

So the actual "testing" (for job competency, training, etc) hasn't changed. So why would you not agree with the way that tests are done at the FAA (not FFA) suddenly? Because Fox News decided to tell you that you need to be outraged and you didn't actually look into it?
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
6/10/2018 12:29pm
TXDirt wrote:
I have family in CA who works for the FD and who were passed over for years due to being the wrong color. That color being...
I have family in CA who works for the FD and who were passed over for years due to being the wrong color. That color being white.
While I can't say I was passed over, I can say that when I was with the fire dept in the early 80s I was told by my Capt. that I could not even submit an application to LAFD because I was white. So, since I did not submit an application I was not passed over. Whistling
TM
newmann
6/10/2018 1:43pm
newmann wrote:

Scared? I’m grilling steak and enjoying fresh squeezed Don Julio 70 margaritas by the pool, my friend. Wink

With the exception of a little extra water around these parts last year, these past two years have been the best ever for us. And I can still go and buy a machine gun if I want.
6/10/2018 3:44pm
In nursing school there was a good guy in my class. He was a airline mechanic for 28 years. Said he would never fly in those bastards. It’s amazing more don’t come down in a blaze of glory.

Makes ya feel safe at 30,000 feet lol.
NorCal 50+
6/10/2018 9:59pm
Maybe a pilot on here can tell me how messed up this is:
I've had two landings aborted recently on commercial flights, one in L.A. and one in Boise. The pilot in both cases got on the P.A. and said there were planes on the runway when we were coming in. In Boise, we were very close to wheels down when the guy guns it and takes off again. It was an experience I have never had, and it happened twice in a span of a couple of months. It's quite a unique experience to almost be landed then take off at a steep angle. I didn't think that's the way things worked...

Post a reply to: If you fly......you better watch this. Scary as hell. PC taking over FAA.

The Latest