If ‘rona gets ya.... any regrets in life?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2020 3:08 PM

Been thinking about that.
I would have a few.
-always working. No work life balance
-seriously wouldn’t have turned all that tail down over the years. lol

|

3/21/2020 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2020 3:41 PM

Not really related but I honestly can't take someone seriously who says they have no regrets in life. That just demonstrates an enormous lack of self-awareness

|

3/21/2020 4:45 PM

Being of a certain age, if it gets me I'll regret that I worked 40 years be able to retire comfortably and won't get a chance to enjoy it.

|

3/21/2020 4:50 PM

Too many regrets to list, but thankful for most of my mistakes in the end because I’ve enjoyed more than I’ve deserved.

|

3/21/2020 4:59 PM

I'm ready to go any time to be honest. But, 99.999% chance something else is going to take me out. Been a heck of a ride though.

|

3/21/2020 5:27 PM

Only one-that I decided to go into law enforcement. I wish I could go back and slap the naive teenager that thought it was a great career choice.

|

3/21/2020 5:36 PM

I only regret having hurt people's feelings at times.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/21/2020 5:37 PM

I'll have a lot of explainin ta do but it's been a freakin blast. Done everything I never thought I'd get to do.

Regrets .... I've had a few...

|

3/21/2020 5:46 PM

Haven’t learned to surf yet.

|

3/21/2020 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2020 5:57 PM

Not pulling out when I said I did. laughing


Edit: I have the two best kids a Father could ask for, so it was worth all the trouble in the end.

|

3/21/2020 6:02 PM

Probably being my own worst enemy; always thinking I'm not good or smart enough, or being afraid to step out of my comfort zone to try something new.

|

3/21/2020 6:18 PM

I have lots of them. Some major some minor. But I do have a short list of regrets that I don't have.

1. I have no tattoos to regret.
2. Forcing myself on a woman
3. Hurting somebody out of meanness.
4. I don't have the not spending enough time with my kids regret. Holy shit!
5. I don't have the "not saying goodbye" regret. What fucking fuck is that?
6. Causing somebody great harm because I didn't live up to my promises or responsibilities.

Those I'm proud of, the other ones? Some haunt me to this day.

|

3/21/2020 6:42 PM

Falcon wrote:

I only regret having hurt people's feelings at times.

And letting your in-laws move in...

|

3/21/2020 6:50 PM

Career choice. Although I’m a foreman, plumbing sucks.

Personal life. I would’ve stayed single longer. Although I love my wife, at the age I am now (42), I realize 23 was too young to get married. Big cans and a pretty smile. I’ll leave it at that.

Personal choices. I wish I would’ve raced when I was younger. A helicopter ride out of the desert when I was 17 postponed any interest riding for almost eight years. After regaining that interest, I felt I was too old and began focusing on my career as the priority.

|

3/21/2020 6:54 PM

omalley wrote:

Only one-that I decided to go into law enforcement. I wish I could go back and slap the naive teenager that thought it was a great career choice.

Why do you say that?

|

3/21/2020 7:02 PM

At 42 I only regret tail that I shoulda coulda got in the past.. Angie and Melissa especially..

|

3/21/2020 8:06 PM

omalley wrote:

Only one-that I decided to go into law enforcement. I wish I could go back and slap the naive teenager that thought it was a great career choice.

Luke_Martin wrote:

Why do you say that?

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been able to experience (good/fun/rewarding) stuff that hardly anyone outside the profession can. I’ve worked alongside some of the finest human beings there are. But when I balance that against the mental and physical toll it takes, it just isn’t worth it in my opinion. Riding out my last few years and punching out at 20 yrs service. Moving on to something else.

I also feel regret about the career choice because I really wanted to fly for a living, and wish I’d have pursued that sooner.

|

3/21/2020 8:23 PM

omalley wrote:

Only one-that I decided to go into law enforcement. I wish I could go back and slap the naive teenager that thought it was a great career choice.

Luke_Martin wrote:

Why do you say that?

omalley wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been able to experience (good/fun/rewarding) stuff that hardly anyone outside the profession can. I’ve worked alongside some of the finest human beings there are. But when I balance that against the mental and physical toll it takes, it just isn’t worth it in my opinion. Riding out my last few years and punching out at 20 yrs service. Moving on to something else.

I also feel regret about the career choice because I really wanted to fly for a living, and wish I’d have pursued that sooner.

Thank you for your service. A friend I’ve known 38 years is a police officer in California. He was military and wanted a job with structure and discipline. He feels exactly the same way you do. Some calls are tough to take and it’s mentally exhausting. I think his biggest complaint is feeling like a baby sitter most of the time.

|

3/21/2020 8:35 PM

When I was young being too shy with hot girls when I had it offered on a plate.

|

3/21/2020 8:55 PM

Dropbear wrote:

When I was young being too shy with hot girls when I had it offered on a plate.

Same here lol

|

3/21/2020 8:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2020 9:03 PM

Luke_Martin wrote:

Why do you say that?

omalley wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been able to experience (good/fun/rewarding) stuff that hardly anyone outside the profession can. I’ve worked alongside some of the finest human beings there are. But when I balance that against the mental and physical toll it takes, it just isn’t worth it in my opinion. Riding out my last few years and punching out at 20 yrs service. Moving on to something else.

I also feel regret about the career choice because I really wanted to fly for a living, and wish I’d have pursued that sooner.

Chance1216 wrote:

Thank you for your service. A friend I’ve known 38 years is a police officer in California. He was military and wanted a job with structure and discipline. He feels exactly the same way you do. Some calls are tough to take and it’s mentally exhausting. I think his biggest complaint is feeling like a baby sitter most of the time.

You’re quite welcome. Yes, that’s a big part of it. When I got in, the job was a blast. Unfortunately now we are often armed secretaries, with severely limited tools to go after the bad guys. I didn’t sign up to watch crime happen and be powerless to stop it, but that’s where we are up here (PNW). What’s interesting is that no one I talk to (regardless of political preference, etc) seems to agree with it, but yet here we are.

|

3/21/2020 9:50 PM

Never have a Menage A Trois.

|

No Signature.

3/21/2020 10:41 PM

Dropbear wrote:

When I was young being too shy with hot girls when I had it offered on a plate.

omalley wrote:

Same here lol

agreed, here too, i wish i had the confidence in myself when i was younger, there is a girl i really liked i was too scared to ask out,

also, i wished i had buttoned off for 2 big injuries i had rather than going for the jumps,

|

3/21/2020 11:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2020 11:29 PM

Partying too much when I was young. For everything else in my life I can find a reason.

|

3/22/2020 7:28 AM

Both of my ex wives and a career in gas and oil

|

3/22/2020 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2020 8:49 AM

My biggest regret is trying to be the king over my life and my family and not letting Christ be the rightful King over my life and my family. I’ve followed the ways of the world and it’s led to bondage in many forms. I’ve been down some dark paths. I’ve looked for comfort at the bottom of empty bottles. I’ve looked for answers at the other end of a loaded gun.

That all changed about two years ago. My story wasn’t done.

I’ve been redeemed and Christ is the center of my life and he leads my family now.

I’ve got other regrets and I’ve made plenty of mistakes. Each day is a new day. I’m no longer the same person I was. And I thank the Lord for that every day.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come.

|

3/22/2020 8:48 AM

kongols wrote:

Partying too much when I was young. For everything else in my life I can find a reason.

Funny, my only regret is not partying more when young.

|

3/22/2020 8:27 PM

omalley wrote:

Only one-that I decided to go into law enforcement. I wish I could go back and slap the naive teenager that thought it was a great career choice.

Luke_Martin wrote:

Why do you say that?

omalley wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been able to experience (good/fun/rewarding) stuff that hardly anyone outside the profession can. I’ve worked alongside some of the finest human beings there are. But when I balance that against the mental and physical toll it takes, it just isn’t worth it in my opinion. Riding out my last few years and punching out at 20 yrs service. Moving on to something else.

I also feel regret about the career choice because I really wanted to fly for a living, and wish I’d have pursued that sooner.

Omalley,

I don't know how old you are, but if you want to fly, go for it. Start working on your private now, then on your instrument, multi, and commercial. Then you can get you instructor rating and teach, building time and making money.

I didn't start learning till I was 33, and I have been flying turbine aircraft for a living for 19 years. I have a friend who is a retired policeman from IL. He started after he retired and he is now flying as a Captain for Envoy Airlines.

I stayed corporate, and make good money flying very nice people around in a Lear 45XR.

It will be a LOT of studying and work, but it will pay off. PM me if you are interested and I can give you some tips on getting things going.

You can still do it if you want. Just remember though, there are more cop shows on TV than pilot shows.

|

3/22/2020 8:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2020 1:53 PM

TXDirt wrote:

My biggest regret is trying to be the king over my life and my family and not letting Christ be the rightful King over my life and my family. I’ve followed the ways of the world and it’s led to bondage in many forms. I’ve been down some dark paths. I’ve looked for comfort at the bottom of empty bottles. I’ve looked for answers at the other end of a loaded gun.

That all changed about two years ago. My story wasn’t done.

I’ve been redeemed and Christ is the center of my life and he leads my family now.

I’ve got other regrets and I’ve made plenty of mistakes. Each day is a new day. I’m no longer the same person I was. And I thank the Lord for that every day.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come.


Great post. I know we aren't supposed to talk religion, but maybe GuyB will let us by this once.

I was lucky enough to be raised in a Christian home, and I became a Christian at a young age. My biggest regret is that I haven't always been the best Christian I could have been. I never drank, smoked anything, or messed with any drugs, but in no way have I lived a perfect life. I have a lot of things to regret in life.

But, the thing with regrets, is they are from mistakes we have made, some of which steered our life to where we are now. I am extremely fortunate in life, in that I have a great family,( wife, two kids and 5 grandkids), and an awesome job. I have much more than I could have ever deserved. Not money, but other, more important things.

So even though I have done lots in life that I regret, ( I own one 4 stroke), they are things I have been forgiven for. I think we should focus on the things we are thankful for.

|

3/22/2020 9:50 PM

Gworm wrote:
Great post. I know we aren't supposed to talk religion, but maybe GuyB will let us by this once.

I was lucky enough to be raised in a Christian home, and I became a Christian at a young age. My biggest regret is that I haven't always been the best Christian I could have been. I never drank, smoked anything, or messed with any drugs, but in no way have I lived a perfect life. I have a lot of things to regret in life.

But, the thing with regrets, is they are from mistakes we have made, some of which steered our life to where we are now. I am extremely fortunate in life, in that I have a great family,( wife, two kids and 5 grandkids), and an awesome job. I have much more than I could have ever deserved. Not money, but other, more important things.

So even though I have done lots in life that I regret, ( I own one 4 stroke), they are things I have been forgiven for. I think we should focus on the things we are thankful for.

Gworm......I gotta say , your post was really cool to read and some what inspiring. I really dig your outlook and your view on life , because that's what it's all about. It doesn't even matter if the person is religious or not , but the core values alone in which makes us humans , is what counts. You seem to have yours centered exactly perfect , and I admire that.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja