I must be getting old thinking about a Pontoon boat

G-man
6/14/2018 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2018 3:19pm
Obviously you missed reading the title I must be getting old.
I'll make it more clearly, I'll be 60 in a month, so no I won't be doing water sports and doing backflips off a wake at this stage in my life.

50 + years of riding dirt bikes and Motocross will do that to you.
I just want to relax, take in the views, drink some beer, barbecue and chill. Cool

That's pretty much what I do right now with the jet skis anyway minus the barbecue and being able to bring my dog. When it's 112 out on the weekend it gives us a great option and we love being at the lake.

The skis bring us to these breathtaking areas that otherwise I would not be at.
Nice of you to lump all jet skiers in your I hate them category.

That would be like me saying I hate all wakeboarder boats because all they do is upset the glass water with HUGE wakes and blast their RAP CRAP thinking everybody wants to hear that SHITTY "music"
Does that ring a Bell?

Tracktor
6/19/2018 9:38am
G-man wrote:
Obviously you missed reading the title I must be getting old. I'll make it more clearly, I'll be 60 in a month, so no I won't...
Obviously you missed reading the title I must be getting old.
I'll make it more clearly, I'll be 60 in a month, so no I won't be doing water sports and doing backflips off a wake at this stage in my life.

50 + years of riding dirt bikes and Motocross will do that to you.
I just want to relax, take in the views, drink some beer, barbecue and chill. Cool

That's pretty much what I do right now with the jet skis anyway minus the barbecue and being able to bring my dog. When it's 112 out on the weekend it gives us a great option and we love being at the lake.

The skis bring us to these breathtaking areas that otherwise I would not be at.
Nice of you to lump all jet skiers in your I hate them category.

That would be like me saying I hate all wakeboarder boats because all they do is upset the glass water with HUGE wakes and blast their RAP CRAP thinking everybody wants to hear that SHITTY "music"
Does that ring a Bell?

You can lump all wakeboarders into any category you choose. I don't really care what other people on the lake think of me. As far as music everybody listens to the same music as me on the lake....Whether they want to or not, lol.(that was a joke).....The watersports comments were really directed at others saying a poontoon would be a "do it all boat". They aren't. It would be perfect though for waht you seem to be looking for as a chill base.........I dislike most other wakeboarders/surfers etc because no one seems to know how to run a line and not powerturn, etc which ruins the lake for everyone but the chodes. And yes, for the most part jet skiers are complete clueless tools at least around here. If that shoe fits wear it if not don't?...............Do I let any of it runin my day on the lake? Absolutely not, just amusing......
TXDirt
6/19/2018 10:04am
You can absolutely water ski, wake board, and ride the water tube with a powerful enough pontoon boat motor. We do it all the time. Is it competition level wakes? No. But you can still have a ton of fun. Especially when you want to use the water tube. You can absolutely get people jacked up in that thing!!

The Shop

Post a reply to: I must be getting old thinking about a Pontoon boat

The Latest