I’m losing my hair.

doofus
Edited Date/Time 6/8/2021 11:56am
I’m 32, and my hairline is doin the lean back. I’m not ready to tap out to baldness yet. Is there anything legit that works other than harsh medications like propecia
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
6/5/2021 10:35am
In Africa they swear blind to gently rubbing chicken shit on the ol dome....which is supposed to stimulate the roots and induce growth.

I'm slowly on my way to the ol horse-shoe hairline but I'm 50 so I'm past the point of giving a fuck.....and highly unlikely that chicken shit will help.
doofus
6/5/2021 10:37am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2021 10:37am
Boomslang wrote:
In Africa they swear blind to gently rubbing chicken shit on the ol dome....which is supposed to stimulate the roots and induce growth. I'm slowly on...
In Africa they swear blind to gently rubbing chicken shit on the ol dome....which is supposed to stimulate the roots and induce growth.

I'm slowly on my way to the ol horse-shoe hairline but I'm 50 so I'm past the point of giving a fuck.....and highly unlikely that chicken shit will help.
Lmao, back when I had Facebook I remember seeing an article about where bald men kept getting killed in Mozambique because locals believed they had gold in their skulls.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
6/5/2021 10:45am
Boomslang wrote:
In Africa they swear blind to gently rubbing chicken shit on the ol dome....which is supposed to stimulate the roots and induce growth. I'm slowly on...

doofus wrote:
Lmao, back when I had Facebook I remember seeing an article about where bald men kept getting killed in Mozambique because locals believed they had gold...
Lmao, back when I had Facebook I remember seeing an article about where bald men kept getting killed in Mozambique because locals believed they had gold in their skulls.
Hahaha...

The Shop

Chance1216
6/5/2021 11:08am
As long as you already got your trophy chick, your good.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/5/2021 11:15am
Bosley? Just For Men? Probably worth a try.

Unfortunately, a lot of it has to do with genetics. What does your father's hairline look like? What about your uncles and grandparents?
APLMAN99
6/5/2021 11:19am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Bosley? Just For Men? Probably worth a try. Unfortunately, a lot of it has to do with genetics. What does your father's hairline look like? What...

Unfortunately, a lot of it has to do with genetics. What does your father's hairline look like? What about your uncles and grandparents?
I think that genetic baldness usually comes from the maternal side.
doofus
6/5/2021 11:25am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Bosley? Just For Men? Probably worth a try. Unfortunately, a lot of it has to do with genetics. What does your father's hairline look like? What...

Mine is from being on TRT.
6/5/2021 11:51am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2021 11:58am
Bosley is probably your best bet - or any big town doc that specializes in hair restoration- don’t quote me but I think they want your hairline to stabilize before they do implants. Otherwise you end up with a funky end product.

It looks painful (possibly not) but definitely looks gnarly before it heals. (Think pinhead x 10^10)

Edit to add: my wife buys me Nioxin products. I don’t notice a difference.
ATKpilot99
6/5/2021 12:04pm
Mine was pretty much gone by my late 30s so I've been shaving my head since then . 54 now.
GaryC1
6/5/2021 12:06pm
I know this won't exactly be the reply you're looking for but still feel like weighing in. I'm 30 now and took the plunge to shave about 3 years ago after it started thinning badly from about 20 onwards. I'd made my peace with it long ago but my finacé was reluctant for me to go full shave but as soon as I did it she loved it and I tell you man, as soon as you get over the initial "shit that's different" feeling, it's the best thing you'll ever do.

I've seen so many others over the years put it off to the point they looked ridiculous trying to fold over strands of hair and every single time, they look so much better and badass after the shave.

Whatever route you decide, I hope you're happy but just wanted to share my experience from a been-there-done-that baldy Woohoo
ns503
6/5/2021 1:43pm
GaryC1 wrote:
I know this won't exactly be the reply you're looking for but still feel like weighing in. I'm 30 now and took the plunge to shave...
I know this won't exactly be the reply you're looking for but still feel like weighing in. I'm 30 now and took the plunge to shave about 3 years ago after it started thinning badly from about 20 onwards. I'd made my peace with it long ago but my finacé was reluctant for me to go full shave but as soon as I did it she loved it and I tell you man, as soon as you get over the initial "shit that's different" feeling, it's the best thing you'll ever do.

I've seen so many others over the years put it off to the point they looked ridiculous trying to fold over strands of hair and every single time, they look so much better and badass after the shave.

Whatever route you decide, I hope you're happy but just wanted to share my experience from a been-there-done-that baldy Woohoo
How often do you have to shave?

I've been working myself slowly up to the buzz cut point the last couple years. That in itself took some doing. I have a hard enough time keeping the hair off my face, find it a major drag. Can't see myself putting myself though that much more expanding the hassle to the dome.
GaryC1
6/5/2021 1:48pm
ns503 wrote:
How often do you have to shave? I've been working myself slowly up to the buzz cut point the last couple years. That in itself took...

I've been working myself slowly up to the buzz cut point the last couple years. That in itself took some doing. I have a hard enough time keeping the hair off my face, find it a major drag. Can't see myself putting myself though that much more expanding the hassle to the dome.
I just use clippers so about once a week is good enough for me, if I invest in a good skull shaver i might be able to stretch it to every 2 weeks and it'd be a lot quicker to do. Having a beard definitely helps balance the look of a bald top I think, but I've always found it funny that the older we get, we lose the hair on our head but grow more on our face and plenty of other places we'd rather it didn't top Laughing
ATKpilot99
6/5/2021 2:09pm
GaryC1 wrote:
I know this won't exactly be the reply you're looking for but still feel like weighing in. I'm 30 now and took the plunge to shave...

ns503 wrote:
How often do you have to shave? I've been working myself slowly up to the buzz cut point the last couple years. That in itself took...

I shave every 2 or 3 days depending on if I'm feeling lazy or not . I razor shave it while I'm in the shower.
APLMAN99
6/5/2021 3:45pm
GaryC1 wrote:

ns503 wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
I shave every 2 or 3 days depending on if I'm feeling lazy or not . I razor shave it while I'm in the shower.
I started getting a #2 clipper cut at the barber shop every 2 weeks probably at 28 or 29 years old. After a couple of years of that I started getting the #1 clipper. About 6 months later I came home from the barber and realized that I just might as well shave it completely. It was only scary the first time.

My baldness pattern is odd. I never had a receding hairline, it just got really thin on top. I still have hair on top, just very sparse. I wish that it would just stop growing because it's a real pain in the ass if you get lazy and let it get just a little bit too long so that it clogs the blades of your razor.

Over the last couple of years I've gotten more lazy about it and just set aside a half hour every 3rd or 4th Sunday for it.

My wife says that she prefers me bald and every time I shave my head she gets quite a bit friskier for the next week or so!!!

Deja New
6/5/2021 3:56pm
ns503 wrote:

GaryC1 wrote:
I just use clippers so about once a week is good enough for me, if I invest in a good skull shaver i might be able...
I just use clippers so about once a week is good enough for me, if I invest in a good skull shaver i might be able to stretch it to every 2 weeks and it'd be a lot quicker to do. Having a beard definitely helps balance the look of a bald top I think, but I've always found it funny that the older we get, we lose the hair on our head but grow more on our face and plenty of other places we'd rather it didn't top Laughing
47 and I now and trim my nose and ears every week why the hell do I need hair in my ear? gotta start trimming the eyebrows too before I get crazy brows.
6/6/2021 9:15pm
I would get a Tupae , a rug, a super thick bowl style. If I lost my hair. My grandma didn’t like her thin hair, so she wore a short haired wig. She looked great.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
6/7/2021 8:40am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

doofus wrote:
How’s the TRT working out?
6/7/2021 9:21am
I started loosing my hair at 22. After 20 years I have arrived at this solution. I use it in the shower before I get in. I have a long cord, just sit there and clip it real quick and wash the clippings down. Keeps the mess down, is quick and works.

doofus
6/7/2021 9:36am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

doofus wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
How’s the TRT working out?
Check out the thread title

Just kidding. Well, kinda.

I’ve been on for around 10 years (on and off). Took a medication in my early 20’s that made me stop producing test naturally.

I cycle on and off, I know TRT is meant to get on and stay on but it doesn’t seem healthy to me. Most docs don’t prescribe an anti estrogen with it, and without it your nuts will start to hurt after a couple of months. If you weight lift you’ll put on quite a bit of size and strength and lose fat. And also get horrific arm pump when you ride lol.

There are a lot of pros and cons with it. My natural test level was crashed with a total test level of 180 at 21 years old so it was a no brainer for me. If you’re not deficient, regardless of your age I wouldn’t fool with it. Once you start toying with the balance of nature, you never really go back to normal.
OG725
6/7/2021 8:32pm
Not to be intrusive, but what’s the medication for that’s killing your testosterone?

Five years ago, I finally let the doc talk me in to high blood pressure meds. Once I heard the meds were a leading cause of erectile dysfunction, I started exercising and eating right.

Unfortunately, why I don’t like the VA. Anything that’s wrong with you, take a pill.

I’ve been shaving my head since I was about 21. Then again, I do have a perfectly round, “Charlie Brown” head.
doofus
6/8/2021 4:09am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2021 4:11am
OG725 wrote:
Not to be intrusive, but what’s the medication for that’s killing your testosterone? Five years ago, I finally let the doc talk me in to high...
Not to be intrusive, but what’s the medication for that’s killing your testosterone?

Five years ago, I finally let the doc talk me in to high blood pressure meds. Once I heard the meds were a leading cause of erectile dysfunction, I started exercising and eating right.

Unfortunately, why I don’t like the VA. Anything that’s wrong with you, take a pill.

I’ve been shaving my head since I was about 21. Then again, I do have a perfectly round, “Charlie Brown” head.
Paxil chemically castrated me at the ripe old age of 20. I dealt with pretty bad anxiety throughout my teens and that was the docs remedy. I was given zero warning about what this medication could potentially do.

It took me a long while to figure out that’s what it was, basically had to do my own research and be my own doctor. I was in my early 20s so it was hard for me to believe that I had low test when I’ve never had a major head or testicle injury. Eventually I got a blood test, saw my levels were dirt floor low. I was still dealing with the same doc that prescribed me paxil and her reasoning for my low levels was that I was working too much, I was in a long term relationship and not excited anymore, that I was complacent and stagnant... finally when I stumbled across a website called paxilprogress.com and found out about post SSRI discontinuation syndrome i knew I had found my answer, but the doctor was in absolute denial that Paxil could have caused it.

Testosterone was only a band aid to the issues it caused, and amongst other reasons I went down a bad path and developed a pretty serious addiction afterwards. I only divulge that to make this point - by a landslide, the most detrimental drug I’ve ever taken was given to me by a medical professional.

It sounds corny/cliche but it took me a long time to realize the impact of livin right and doing things the natural/healthy way is the only viable solution. In my first post I mentioned not wanting to try propecia for hair loss, when I was doing my research it mirrors the symptoms of SSRI’s for some.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
6/8/2021 11:50am
Same situation as a few other posters, all males are bald(ing) on both of my parents side. My hair was noticeably thin in my early in 20s. By mid 20's I started shaving my head, and before my 30's I thought f it, and started to straight razor it.

10/10 would recommend, so much better when you decide to just let it go. Only downsides are (1) sunburns easily and (2) no hair to stop the sweat, so I sweat like a mad man

S.Loyer
6/8/2021 11:55am
Ive had a few friends do keeps.
Some of them have maintained hair and its gotten stronger and thicker.
Some way or the road.

Im in same boat myself but it is what it is, gods plan, right?

Post a reply to: I’m losing my hair.

The Latest