I like to start my Sundays with

AJ565
Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 11:34am
A walk to get breakfast instead of a drive. After a awesome Saturday of moto at Cycle Ranch getting home and the bike ready for next ride and the truck cleaned up someone though I could use a new set of wheels.

|
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
5/7/2018 2:04pm
Son of a bitch! Time to set up some security cameras.
SEE ARE125
5/7/2018 2:35pm
I assume that’s where you live? That an apartment complex? Someone had to see something, looks like there are plenty of people around. I’d suggest getting some locking lug nuts. Won’t stop them if they really want your wheels, but will help deter them. Bummer dude.

Hopefully when they stick them on their 95 Tahoe they don’t properly torque the lugnuts resulting in a spectacular crash followed by EMS amputating their dicks right on the side of the road.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/7/2018 2:52pm
Wow. That absolutely sucks. Like See Are 125 said someone had to see something. It's not like you're out in the middle of nowhere.

Where do you store store your bike? Storage/Garage available? Ground floor apartment? Hopefully somewhere secure.

I assume you already did but if not go knock on people's doors to see if any of them saw anything. Do any of the buildings have security camera's?
AJ565
5/7/2018 3:15pm
Nobody saw anything. The guy across from me has two harleys sitting out in the open and nobody has ever messed with them. The only security cameras on the property are at the front gates. I stopped by the office after lunch to let them know about it and ask about the cameras. Apparently they haven't worked in over 2 years.

The cop that came by and took the report said this is the 5th or 6th set of Denali wheels in the last few weeks from the area. A trooper friend of his has had his taken 4 times already.

I have my stuff in a garage on site and haven't had a problem yet. Yet anyways.

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
780th
5/7/2018 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 5:46pm
That sucks!! Can you add a variety of wheels locks on each rim? Anything to slow them down ...

A guy I work with had his custom wheels stolen off his truck..he sees the guy drivin around with them but the cops in Milwaukee are “too busy” to do anything about it. He also had his iPad stolen and it’s pinging at an address in Milwaukee- again the cops are too busy to do anything about it.

Now if he were to go confront the people to get his shit back I guarantee HE will get in trouble/arrested.

We also have “folks” from Milwaukee driving out to my community breaking into houses during the day- we are all prime targets because “they” know we are all at work during the day.

avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
5/7/2018 6:07pm
That's fucked, man. Sorry that happened to you. Fucking thieves...
APLMAN99
5/7/2018 6:54pm
Brad460 wrote:
That sucks!! Can you add a variety of wheels locks on each rim? Anything to slow them down ... A guy I work with had his...
That sucks!! Can you add a variety of wheels locks on each rim? Anything to slow them down ...

A guy I work with had his custom wheels stolen off his truck..he sees the guy drivin around with them but the cops in Milwaukee are “too busy” to do anything about it. He also had his iPad stolen and it’s pinging at an address in Milwaukee- again the cops are too busy to do anything about it.

Now if he were to go confront the people to get his shit back I guarantee HE will get in trouble/arrested.

We also have “folks” from Milwaukee driving out to my community breaking into houses during the day- we are all prime targets because “they” know we are all at work during the day.

TXDirt
5/7/2018 8:11pm
There is no way you can drive your car like that and expect to get good gas mileage. Sorry.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
5/7/2018 11:59pm
Reminds me of when Gibby got his new Tundra.
agn5009
5/8/2018 7:07am
Brad460 wrote:
That sucks!! Can you add a variety of wheels locks on each rim? Anything to slow them down ... A guy I work with had his...

This is 110% bullshit. And if it's not then your coworker needs to contact a supervisor from within the department.

I'm calling bullshit though.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/8/2018 7:25am
Holy shit. I thought I was going to see a pic of Java and a naked lady.

That is a beautiful truck and I’m surprised it didn’t set off some type of motion alarm on the vehicle. That might be something to look into, a good alarm that would blare if there was movement once it’s set.

Sorry to see this...makes me sick that there are so many people out there that want free stuff that others work so hard to obtain
mxb2
5/8/2018 7:49am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I assume that’s where you live? That an apartment complex? Someone had to see something, looks like there are plenty of people around. I’d suggest getting...
I assume that’s where you live? That an apartment complex? Someone had to see something, looks like there are plenty of people around. I’d suggest getting some locking lug nuts. Won’t stop them if they really want your wheels, but will help deter them. Bummer dude.

Hopefully when they stick them on their 95 Tahoe they don’t properly torque the lugnuts resulting in a spectacular crash followed by EMS amputating their dicks right on the side of the road.
X2,. Did you have wheel locks on the truck? Every vehicle i have i get wheel.locks. They wont stop a real thief, but are a good deterent.
Spydee
5/8/2018 8:18am
Do you not have a factory alarm? Surely that would have fired off and locals would have heard it screaming?

You could install a motion-activated dashcam. At least if something like that happens again you might get the culprits face as they walk in front of the car.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
5/8/2018 8:32am
Brad460 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
This is 110% bullshit. And if it's not then your coworker needs to contact a supervisor from within the department.

I'm calling bullshit though.
Milwaukee is the 8th most dangerous city in America (murders) and 7,000+ cars stolen every year... which is likely the reason they are not concerned about an iPad and wheels..

AJ565
5/8/2018 11:34am
Factory alarm, but it doesn't go off unless there is a door opened. I've been thinking about a motion dash cam since it happened and thats two fold since there are a lot of times a dash cam could be handy in case of an accident.

Post a reply to: I like to start my Sundays with

The Latest