How many watch nascar
That Seattle is dying
That someone is depressed
Or there is a bicycle race in California that nobody is seeing

I just want a riding lawnmower that doesn't have belts. Sad
|
newmann
5/15/2019 3:14pm
Because they damn sure didn't design and build them to change those fuckers did they?
JPT
5/15/2019 3:55pm
You do seem to have been paying attention.
KMC440
5/15/2019 3:57pm
Really sucks pushin a snowblower when the belt snaps Sad

The Shop

5/15/2019 4:38pm
Damn rain. My yard is too wet. But if I didn’t get out there I’d be bailing hay in another week. But if a belt snaps, easy fix. But this damn thing is harder to clean than my 350.

BR8ES
5/15/2019 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2019 4:42pm
I also saw a trailer full of lawnmower tractor pull rigs this past weekend... you can bet that they don't care what people think about their world.
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/15/2019 4:58pm
You need a real tractor with a PTO finish mower.
motogrady
5/15/2019 5:56pm
Sorry bout that guys. Just had a moment.
Better now.
motogrady
5/15/2019 6:00pm
Damn rain. My yard is too wet. But if I didn’t get out there I’d be bailing hay in another week. But if a belt snaps...
Damn rain. My yard is too wet. But if I didn’t get out there I’d be bailing hay in another week. But if a belt snaps, easy fix. But this damn thing is harder to clean than my 350.

That's the thing Georgie. I'm sure the guys out west don't get it but geez, with all this rain, effing grass is taking over.
newmann
5/15/2019 6:38pm
Rain? Welcome to Southeast Texas. Been waiting since October for the ground to dry up enough to get some dirt work done at my youngest sons house project. Dry for four days, rains for three more. Had 8 loads of light 60/40 delivered last week and it almost self leveled with 11 inches of rain since.
motogrady
5/15/2019 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2019 7:29pm
newmann wrote:
Rain? Welcome to Southeast Texas. Been waiting since October for the ground to dry up enough to get some dirt work done at my youngest sons...
Rain? Welcome to Southeast Texas. Been waiting since October for the ground to dry up enough to get some dirt work done at my youngest sons house project. Dry for four days, rains for three more. Had 8 loads of light 60/40 delivered last week and it almost self leveled with 11 inches of rain since.

Yeah, I see what u guys are going thru and I'm thinking, what am I worrying about.
That job you got going would have had me back on the marijuana by now. Laughing

Got almost an acre done tonight. Half the back yard. Was going pretty good. Took most of the afternoon fixing the mower deck. It was throwing the deck belt last year every now and then. Thought I'd be smart and replace all the belts for this season. Well, new belts and problem got like 3 times worse. After pulling the deck like 4 times it ended up
being one of the spindles, the things that the blades attach to, was tilted. Not much, but enough to put the belt pullys on the other end out of alignment. I must have hit something and bent the deck itself where the spindles bolt to. Wailed
on mounting holes and got it looking ok. Worked great for an acre.

Then, I made the mistake of pushing it. Like going out for that one last ride of the day. After refueling, was almost dark,
went out again and hit what looks like a piece of iron pipe. Jammed the blades, effing belts were smoking before I could shut it down. I don't know how that pipe got there. Grass is like a foot tall easy.

Alfred E Neumann time for this guy. That thing is sitting up over the hill. More rain coming in, 3 more acres to go,
I'm feeling screw it. I'll deal with it when the sun comes back out.

Time for some Ramones.
JAFO92
5/15/2019 8:08pm
newmann wrote:
Rain? Welcome to Southeast Texas. Been waiting since October for the ground to dry up enough to get some dirt work done at my youngest sons...
Sad thing is, you arent exaggerating. It literally has been raining about every 3-4 day since last October due to El Nino. Its been a sloppy mud pain in the ass the past 8 months. We just finally staked out the new casa today. Was supposed to have done it back in January. :-(
SEE ARE125
5/15/2019 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2019 8:18pm
I’ve seen them without belts, but I can’t remember who made it though. It was an electric mower and had electric motors that turned the blades. Each blade had its own separate motor. I’d think a belt would be cheaper than replacing a motor though if you’re mowing metal pipes. Laughing

EDIT: Mean Green mowers was the name.
motogrady
5/15/2019 8:42pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I’ve seen them without belts, but I can’t remember who made it though. It was an electric mower and had electric motors that turned the blades...
I’ve seen them without belts, but I can’t remember who made it though. It was an electric mower and had electric motors that turned the blades. Each blade had its own separate motor. I’d think a belt would be cheaper than replacing a motor though if you’re mowing metal pipes. Laughing

EDIT: Mean Green mowers was the name.

Never saw that seeare. Individual motors. Did a job for a golf course once. Now they had some serious mowers.

The pipe, like I said, clueless on that one. Destroyed a soccer ball also, right when I got started. Nice one, leather.
Looked like Wilson, just mutilated. Dunno where he came from either.

That's how deep it's getting, never even saw him.

Donna asked where the mower was, gave me that blank stare when I said, "over the hill".

Eh.

Vet57
5/16/2019 2:54am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 2:56am
Not a mower but my Rupp has a belt..just sayin
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
5/16/2019 4:26am
motogrady wrote:
How we can watch the outdoors Where Joey is going If we're alone What Matthes says What's up with Eli Where herlings is running If it's...
How we can watch the outdoors
Where Joey is going
If we're alone
What Matthes says
What's up with Eli
Where herlings is running
If it's a 4 or a 2
How they do it in Europe
If James comes back
what JGR is up to
If Harley's are cool
How many watch nascar
That Seattle is dying
That someone is depressed
Or there is a bicycle race in California that nobody is seeing

I just want a riding lawnmower that doesn't have belts. Sad
So... What about Mike Williamson. What's up with that? Unsure
reded
5/16/2019 5:33am
Damn rain. My yard is too wet. But if I didn’t get out there I’d be bailing hay in another week. But if a belt snaps...

I’ve got the exact same machine and it seems it was designed to make maintenance duties easier but that sonuvabitch throws more grass out the front than it does the side. I normally look like the top of your deck before I’m done mowing.
IWreckALot
5/16/2019 7:26am

reded wrote:
I’ve got the exact same machine and it seems it was designed to make maintenance duties easier but that sonuvabitch throws more grass out the front...
I’ve got the exact same machine and it seems it was designed to make maintenance duties easier but that sonuvabitch throws more grass out the front than it does the side. I normally look like the top of your deck before I’m done mowing.
I have the same mower too but I don't have the problem you're describing.

Really don't like the pin drop blade height adjustment. The Toro commercial mower has a better system IMO. I do like my Gravely though. 0 issues in two years out of it. Just change the oil and clean the air filter and you're good to go.
5/16/2019 7:45am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 7:48am

reded wrote:
I’ve got the exact same machine and it seems it was designed to make maintenance duties easier but that sonuvabitch throws more grass out the front...
Get the baffle kit. Life saver. You won’t be wearing it. My neighbor just showed me his. I got one on order! Three sleeves that bolt under earth the deck. Keep the grass in and mulch it up but still blow it out the side.

It rains for 2 days. It’s a swamp. Sunny for 3. Just almost enough to mow then it rains. I can’t even touch my back 4 acres. I can only cover my front 2. And still almost getting stuck in some spots so I avoid it. Nice cut grass in some spots and spatches of tall grass in others. The weather pattern or green runs straight from Texas northeast to Ohio. I catch all your Texas rain 3 days later. It’s miseravle!!!

Dogs are muddy to their bellies every time we play ball. (Labradoodles bee keeping them shaved down like labs cuz of this)Gettin old!!!!
APLMAN99
5/16/2019 9:27pm
motogrady wrote:
That's the thing Georgie. I'm sure the guys out west don't get it but geez, with all this rain, effing grass is taking over.
Holy cow, just looked up the average annual rainfall for your town and it's almost SIX TIMES what we get here in central Washington! It's about equal to Seattle's annual rainfall PLUS TWICE our annual rainfall! Crazy.

When I moved back over to the Seattle area almost 5 years ago I thought I was older and wiser than before so I wouldn't get that seasonal affective disorder crap from all the clouds and rain, but I was wrong. One winter was enough for me to come back to the eastern side of the mountains. I enjoy my 320+ days of sunshine each year.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
5/16/2019 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 9:49pm

motogrady
5/17/2019 4:59am
motogrady wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Holy cow, just looked up the average annual rainfall for your town and it's almost SIX TIMES what we get here in central Washington! It's about...
Holy cow, just looked up the average annual rainfall for your town and it's almost SIX TIMES what we get here in central Washington! It's about equal to Seattle's annual rainfall PLUS TWICE our annual rainfall! Crazy.

When I moved back over to the Seattle area almost 5 years ago I thought I was older and wiser than before so I wouldn't get that seasonal affective disorder crap from all the clouds and rain, but I was wrong. One winter was enough for me to come back to the eastern side of the mountains. I enjoy my 320+ days of sunshine each year.

Yeah. That's what I got. Seasonal affective disorder. My new get out of jail card.

It's not that bad tho. We still have the 4 seasons. Winter, Winter Summer and Winter.

Hey Apple. Yer a pretty sharp guy. What's whatever chart you use is the sunniest town in Florida?
danman
5/17/2019 10:03am
motogrady wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Holy cow, just looked up the average annual rainfall for your town and it's almost SIX TIMES what we get here in central Washington! It's about...

motogrady wrote:
Yeah. That's what I got. Seasonal affective disorder. My new get out of jail card. It's not that bad tho. We still have the 4 seasons...

Yeah. That's what I got. Seasonal affective disorder. My new get out of jail card.

It's not that bad tho. We still have the 4 seasons. Winter, Winter Summer and Winter.

Hey Apple. Yer a pretty sharp guy. What's whatever chart you use is the sunniest town in Florida?
Hmmm, I like your 4 seasons. In Wisconsin, it's 2 seasons, Winter and Road Construction!

BTW - I just picked up a Gravely last fall. So far so good, but like reded, I too wear quite a bit of my lawn!
APLMAN99
5/17/2019 11:14am
motogrady wrote:
Yeah. That's what I got. Seasonal affective disorder. My new get out of jail card. It's not that bad tho. We still have the 4 seasons...

Not sure without looking up each town separately

Here's my general location compared to yours, though. As you can see, our summers are relatively warm and very, very dry.

Post a reply to: I don't care....

The Latest