I bet this pisses some of you off.....

Spinner
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:24am
I'm gonna watch it. I'll be disgusted by it, but I'll watch it.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/capitalismalovestory/
|
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
9/24/2009 8:07pm
Thats where tfs has been...
Void Main
9/24/2009 8:10pm
Better to be pissed off than pissed on. I wouldn't waste the bandwidth downloading it.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
9/24/2009 8:45pm
michael Moore is the epitome of hypocrit. He is 100% capitalist, he is making millions doing the very thing he is claims to hate.

The Shop

fcr
9/24/2009 9:12pm
I think Hannity would do the same if he could, it would be another hoot to sit through.
Nerd
9/24/2009 9:28pm
He has valid points, but the problem is that he mixes them in with a bunch of shit that he either makes up, or with things where he quotes someone out of context, things like that.

To do documentaries properly, you don't have to be neutral in the point you're trying to make, but if you're going to interview someone, you shouldn't leave out the part that defeats your argument. It's dishonest.
motogeezer
9/24/2009 9:32pm
Nerd wrote:
He has valid points, but the problem is that he mixes them in with a bunch of shit that he either makes up, or with things...
He has valid points, but the problem is that he mixes them in with a bunch of shit that he either makes up, or with things where he quotes someone out of context, things like that.

To do documentaries properly, you don't have to be neutral in the point you're trying to make, but if you're going to interview someone, you shouldn't leave out the part that defeats your argument. It's dishonest.
Good call, Steve.

I'm sorry I compared you to Al Franken earlier.
Nerd
9/24/2009 9:36pm
Nerd wrote:
He has valid points, but the problem is that he mixes them in with a bunch of shit that he either makes up, or with things...

motogeezer wrote:
Good call, Steve.

I'm sorry I compared you to Al Franken earlier.
I didn't see it. Smile
motogeezer
9/24/2009 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:21am
Nerd wrote:
I didn't see it. Smile
Well, you're obviously not doing your job then.

Mods are supposed to see all.
SEEMEFIRST
9/25/2009 7:32am
Sort of validates what the Academy Awards have become when lopsided political rants qualify for award winning documentaries.
jmar
9/25/2009 7:38am
I don't care for Michael Moore but that doesn't mean that he can't be right on some of his points and wrong on others.

I am going to watch it.
flarider
9/25/2009 7:48am
FYI - He makes it a point to donate a part of the proceeds (I don't know how much) of his films to those affected by the subject matter, as with "Sicko" he helped a lot of the people in it.

He even anonymously donated $12,000.00 to his nemesis, the owner of Moorewatch.com, who was having really bad problems

“After I posted about finding the plan and what the cost was, someone emailed me and asked if an ‘anonymous’ benefactor could offer to pay my first year’s premiums. $12,000. I was skeptical of course, but since I’m not an idiot, I accepted,” wrote Kenefick. “$12,000 was like manna from heaven at that time. As you all may remember, I was being bled dry by the scumbag that used to host the server on which this site resides. My business was almost dead, my wife was very, very ill and I was racking up a few little health problems of my own. That money made it possible for us to begin to turn our lives around.”

But who and where did the check come from?

“When the check arrived, I was overly cautious. I tracked the company that issued the check, the bank it was drawn on…I found a hotline you could call to check the status of drafts issued by this third-party company, and the number on the check (actually more like a money order) checked out. I even went so far as to see where the branches of the issuing bank might be physically located, and there are like five of them within walking distance of Moore’s home and office in New York City.”

The NY Daily News has confirmed that the check was indeed from Kenefick’s nemesis, Michael Moore. A man that Kenefick had attacked for years on end.

“I knew he was using me,” Kenefick now writes on his blog in an effort to beat Moore to the punch. “I knew he would try to turn this to his advantage some day. That day may be upon us. I was just warned by someone in the know that Moore is about to drop the hammer on me.”

Well guess what, Moore isn’t commenting on the matter. And I hope it stays that way. I tend to believe that Mike is a good guy, who has helped a lot of people with his films. Does he have an agenda? Who doesn’t. Kenefick certainly does:

“If it was you, Mikey…your $12,000 doesn’t buy my silence. It won’t buy my affection, nor will I shy away from talking about whatever may or may not be in your new film. I’ll still be the same guy, expressing my opinion and trying his best to research facts you tend to skip over or ignore. All you bought for your money - if it was yours - was the peace of mind of knowing you actually helped someone who needed it.”

Talk about being ungrateful. Talk about turning a nice gesture into a media opp for yourself and your agenda.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/18/michael-moore-help-his-biggest-neme…
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
9/25/2009 7:53am
Watched him on Leno the other night. While I disagree with him on pretty much everything out there, he seems like a pretty good guy.

He also had lost a lot of weight when he was on Leno, he said he made a goal to lose weight and was working hard on it.
CR250Rider
9/25/2009 7:55am
Nerd wrote:

he has a $10,000 reward if you can prove ANYTHING he says in ANY of movies to be false.

should be easy for someone like yourself....you just said he makes shit up.
flarider
9/25/2009 8:18am
tcannon521 wrote:
Watched him on Leno the other night. While I disagree with him on pretty much everything out there, he seems like a pretty good guy. He...
Watched him on Leno the other night. While I disagree with him on pretty much everything out there, he seems like a pretty good guy.

He also had lost a lot of weight when he was on Leno, he said he made a goal to lose weight and was working hard on it.
I think he means well, he just has an agenda and a bias

He started on the weight thing after doing Sicko, realizing he was digging his own grave
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
9/25/2009 10:32am
They are not documentarys, they are opinion pieces.

He made an anti gin one, yet three full time body guards carry guns.

He made one about our health care and how great the Cuban system is, yet has never been there for his personal care.

Now he is talking bad about capitalism, yet has made millions thru the free market.

He has an agenda and takes away his cred to call them documentarys.

Personaly I have no problem with him doing it, I do however think that mindless people that lap it up as fact are not very bright
indy_maico
9/25/2009 10:38am
"He made an anti gin one, yet three full time body guards carry guns.

He made one about our health care and how great the Cuban system is, yet has never been there for his personal care.

Now he is talking bad about capitalism, yet has made millions thru the free market."

How does any of that disqualify his movies as documentaries?

jatharp12
9/25/2009 10:44am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:21am
Did anybody ever see TV Nation, his tv show in the 90's after Roger & Me came out. It was friggin awesome!
Nerd
9/25/2009 10:46am
Nerd wrote:

CR250Rider wrote:
he has a $10,000 reward if you can prove ANYTHING he says in ANY of movies to be false. should be easy for someone like yourself....you...
he has a $10,000 reward if you can prove ANYTHING he says in ANY of movies to be false.

should be easy for someone like yourself....you just said he makes shit up.
I'm sure he does. What I do have are congressmen whose interviews were heavily edited, in essence quoting them out of context. The congressmen say so. Without seeing the original tapes, though, it's pretty hard for me to prove it, and Moore owns the tapes.

For example, from memory, he went around asking congress members to send their children to die in Iraq in Fahrenheit 9/11. One particular congressman said something like, "Why does that matter?" Of course, that's in the film. But after Moore said why it mattered, this congressman pointed out that one of his children and two of his nephews WERE in Iraq. That didn't make it into the film.

It's this kind of practice that costs Moore. If he could somehow avoid doing douchey things like that, the real, good points he makes would be better understood and harder to argue with.
Nerd
9/25/2009 10:47am
UpTiTe wrote:
They are not documentarys, they are opinion pieces. He made an anti gin one, yet three full time body guards carry guns. He made one about...
They are not documentarys, they are opinion pieces.

He made an anti gin one, yet three full time body guards carry guns.

Now he is talking bad about capitalism, yet has made millions thru the free market.

He has an agenda and takes away his cred to call them documentarys.

Personaly I have no problem with him doing it, I do however think that mindless people that lap it up as fact are not very bright
Did he really say the Cuban system was great?
J.F.S
9/25/2009 10:52am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2009 10:53am
The irony is that they people who speak out the loudest about MMs documentaries not being documentaries and that he is bias, are the people who call Fox news news and even people who work at FOX news and call themselves journalists, afugginmazin and totally hilarious.
indy_maico
9/25/2009 10:54am
J.F.S wrote:
The irony is that they people who speak out the loudest about MMs documentaries not being documentaries and that he is bias, are the people who...
The irony is that they people who speak out the loudest about MMs documentaries not being documentaries and that he is bias, are the people who call Fox news news and even people who work at FOX news and call themselves journalists, afugginmazin and totally hilarious.
Most of his critics will also admit not ever seeing one of the movies.
Void Main
9/25/2009 11:19am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:21am
Look up capitalist in the dictionary and you'll find Michael Moore's picture. As a matter of fact plug "capitalist" into Google right now and see what comes on up the first page.

Google Search for "capitalist"
09450f
9/25/2009 11:30am
jmar wrote:
I don't care for Michael Moore but that doesn't mean that he can't be right on some of his points and wrong on others. I am...
I don't care for Michael Moore but that doesn't mean that he can't be right on some of his points and wrong on others.

I am going to watch it.
X2
rucka356
9/25/2009 11:40am
Michael Moore's fatass has been a strain on our healthcare system for years! Fat people are ruining healthcare for all of us! Tax his ass more!
dougie
9/25/2009 2:17pm
Is there a downside to Capitalism? Anybody?

dougie
9/25/2009 2:20pm
rucka356 wrote:
Michael Moore's fatass has been a strain on our healthcare system for years! Fat people are ruining healthcare for all of us! Tax his ass more!
rucka, by "all of us" are you refering to the 30 some % of Americans that are not fat?

Post a reply to: I bet this pisses some of you off.....

The Latest