Hvac electric heat pump. (bill update holy crap) update again!!

harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
4/5/2019 2:52pm
motogrady wrote:
Don't u know it. After seeing the size of the wires feeding the heaters in a hot tub, and the circuit breakers, it's like, I ain't...
Don't u know it. After seeing the size of the wires feeding the heaters in a hot tub, and the circuit breakers, it's like, I ain't gettin in that thing.
lol...the house I bought has a hot tub outside....60A/240V line to it. crazy. What's crazier is the previous owner had a heater contactor go bad, and they had someone replace it. It was replaced with one with a 240V control coil in a 110v control system. So the GFCI would trip every time the heater came on. What was their fix for that? Like you guys don't know....they cut out the GFCI Shocked So I had them leave the hot tub on even though it was cold AF before we moved in. I wanted to check it out before anyone got in it. Thank god I did cuz a few weeks after we moved in I took the cover off, and it was frozen. Turns out the heater element failed....burned open and the power was still on. It would have cooked anyone in the water when it happened. I redid that whole system myself...the right way
8/8/2019 1:22pm
Electric bill has been like 90-110 all summer. My heat pump is the culprit.

My ac has been set to 72 all summer.

I gotta do something here soon. Natural gas seems to be a good option. Either that or get another heat pump unit that is rated at 0 degrees instead of 20. That electric filament sucks the energy in the winter here.

I just can’t believe how expensive it is to heat this house in December-March.
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/8/2019 1:29pm
Electric bill has been like 90-110 all summer. My heat pump is the culprit. My ac has been set to 72 all summer. I gotta do...

I gotta do something here soon. Natural gas seems to be a good option. Either that or get another heat pump unit that is rated at 0 degrees instead of 20. That electric filament sucks the energy in the winter here.

$100 seems reasonable with how hot it's been this summer.

The Shop

Jim in VA
8/8/2019 8:14pm
Electric bill has been like 90-110 all summer. My heat pump is the culprit. My ac has been set to 72 all summer. I gotta do...

Georgie, I have a nice woodstove insert with glass doors, thermostat/blower that puts out a lot of heat, installs in a fireplace opening with proper flue pipe. I’ve been considering selling it, as I’m currently living in an apartment. I see you’re in Ohio. I’m in Northern KY. If you’re interested let me know. It’s a very economical means of heating.
8/9/2019 7:41am
I was just in northern Kentucky for the army all summer. Just got back. Damn. Do you have measurements ? My fireplace is wonky. It’s really high.
Jim in VA
8/9/2019 9:24am
I was just in northern Kentucky for the army all summer. Just got back. Damn. Do you have measurements ? My fireplace is wonky. It’s really...
I was just in northern Kentucky for the army all summer. Just got back. Damn. Do you have measurements ? My fireplace is wonky. It’s really high.
That’s cool, yeah I’ll get you some measurements on it. I was really looking forward to putting it in my old house that had a fireplace, but ended up selling that house.

Post a reply to: Hvac electric heat pump. (bill update holy crap) update again!!

The Latest