Hurricane Irma

Hut
9/9/2017 6:29pm
Best wishes to all of you, I hope you remain safe.
KMC440
9/9/2017 6:33pm
This turn as sharp as it is is amazing. As far and as relatively straight as the storm has been, if this is the turn it's ridiculously sharp. At least 70 degrees.
Prayers for everyone's safety down there.

The Shop

9/9/2017 11:36pm
Hunkering down here in Tampa preparing for over 100mph winds Sunday night. First time in over 35 years my parents have been worried enough to board up the windows. Thankfully no worries about flooding in my neighborhood. Have had lots of friends and family be forced to evacuate. And we're expecting at a minimum multiple days without power. Prayers for everyone in our local area!

Voorhis
9/9/2017 11:54pm Edited Date/Time 11/15/2021 8:24am
Scary stuff, I hope this is over soon and not too many people get hurt.
jtiger12
9/10/2017 5:50am
My parents are in Bradenton, 1500 feet from the water and they are directly in the path of this storm. it has been a stressful 3 days. Its amazing to me how defiant and out of touch people get when they get older.
Hudweiser9
9/10/2017 6:18pm
Getting some really strong wind gusts now. Been raining like crazy all day. Looks like the worst of it will be around 2:00am. It has shifted again back towards the east.
logan_140
9/10/2017 10:59pm
Polk county got fucked! Eye came right over us
Sully
9/10/2017 11:32pm
Question for any of the Gulf state folks; How common are rolling/sliding storm shutters on houses over there? I see a lot of people rushing out to buy plywood to board up their windows whenever a hurricane rolls through, but not a lot in the way of storm shutters. Every house I've lived in over here – except the one I just moved into – has had metal sliding storm shutters to protect the windows during typhoons (we only get one or two really good ones every couple of years). Seems like a reasonably cheap way to hurricane prep your home – plus they provide some nice privacy from the outside world in case you and the missus want to get freaky in the living room.
Hudweiser9
9/11/2017 6:34am
FL Bro's... Hope you all made it through the storm ok. We dodged another one here in Daytona / Ormond Beach area. Lost a little soffit from the 2nd story roof overhang, very minor. Few small trees and debris. Worst of it all is not having power.
mxstate
9/11/2017 2:13pm
Hudweiser9 wrote:
FL Bro's... Hope you all made it through the storm ok. We dodged another one here in Daytona / Ormond Beach area. Lost a little soffit...
FL Bro's... Hope you all made it through the storm ok. We dodged another one here in Daytona / Ormond Beach area. Lost a little soffit from the 2nd story roof overhang, very minor. Few small trees and debris. Worst of it all is not having power.
All good here
No power but alive , not flooded .
No structural damage to the house
now it's the waiting game with FPL.
These guys are going to be very busy
Old-Man
9/11/2017 2:15pm
Hate to become rich in this country, everybody hates you for it.
Hudweiser9
9/11/2017 6:00pm
Hudweiser9 wrote:
FL Bro's... Hope you all made it through the storm ok. We dodged another one here in Daytona / Ormond Beach area. Lost a little soffit...
mxstate wrote:
All good here No power but alive , not flooded . No structural damage to the house now it's the waiting game with FPL. These guys...
All good here
MXstate, good to hear you guys came through ok. Same here, just having to play the waiting game with FPL as well. We are in a more rural area, so most likely will be the last to get power back on. It took 6-7 days last year after Matthew.
logan_140
9/12/2017 4:30am
All good here. Half the state with out power this is the largest power outage to the grid ever for Lakeland electric. these lineman are going to be working tirelessly for weeks
mxstate
9/13/2017 6:55am
Hudweiser9 wrote:
mxstate wrote:
All good here No power but alive , not flooded . No structural damage to the house now it's the waiting game with FPL. These guys...
All good here
Hudweiser9 wrote:
MXstate, good to hear you guys came through ok. Same here, just having to play the waiting game with FPL as well. We are in a...
MXstate, good to hear you guys came through ok. Same here, just having to play the waiting game with FPL as well. We are in a more rural area, so most likely will be the last to get power back on. It took 6-7 days last year after Matthew.
Got power back last night!
They are moving much faster than last year because way less down poles /trees on lines
I hope you are already back up and running too or will be soon.
83F inside the house with that crazy humidity was no fun
I checked the local news and it's not pretty in some dab/ormond areas.
Hudweiser9
9/13/2017 8:19pm
mxstate wrote:
All good here
Hudweiser9 wrote:
MXstate, good to hear you guys came through ok. Same here, just having to play the waiting game with FPL as well. We are in a...
mxstate wrote:
Got power back last night! They are moving much faster than last year because way less down poles /trees on lines I hope you are already...
They are moving much faster than last year because way less down poles /trees on lines
Nope, still in the dark! I do have a generator though. Yeah, hot as he'll in the house this afternoon. It is actually cooler outside. Some of the streets in our neighborhood have power, so things are looking up. Glad you got your power back on, now you can return to some sort of normalcy.
Hudweiser9
9/13/2017 8:34pm
logan_140 wrote:
All good here. Half the state with out power this is the largest power outage to the grid ever for Lakeland electric. these lineman are going...
All good here. Half the state with out power this is the largest power outage to the grid ever for Lakeland electric. these lineman are going to be working tirelessly for weeks
Glad you made it through ok. Yeah, the linemen will be busy sum-bitches! There were hundreds of bucket trucks and disaster relief semi trucks stationed at Daytona Intl speedway on Moday when I went out to survey the damage.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/13/2017 10:55pm
logan_140 wrote:
All good here. Half the state with out power this is the largest power outage to the grid ever for Lakeland electric. these lineman are going...
Hudweiser9 wrote:
Glad you made it through ok. Yeah, the linemen will be busy sum-bitches! There were hundreds of bucket trucks and disaster relief semi trucks stationed at...
Glad you made it through ok. Yeah, the linemen will be busy sum-bitches! There were hundreds of bucket trucks and disaster relief semi trucks stationed at Daytona Intl speedway on Moday when I went out to survey the damage.
Crazy, a lineman I know from Massachusetts head down to FL yesterday. They must be coming from allllll over.
MR. X
9/14/2017 12:14am
When we have our nasty early year snow storms that rip branches down and cause massive power outages,it's typical to see linemen from other states as well.
ns503
9/14/2017 4:04am
There are linemen from all over the continent down there. My cousins kid is on his way down - not sure where to exactly, but think he's gone for 3 weeks.
mxstate
9/14/2017 5:01am
Hudweiser9 wrote:
mxstate wrote:
Got power back last night! They are moving much faster than last year because way less down poles /trees on lines I hope you are already...
Hudweiser9 wrote:
Nope, still in the dark! I do have a generator though. Yeah, hot as he'll in the house this afternoon. It is actually cooler outside. Some...
Nope, still in the dark! I do have a generator though. Yeah, hot as he'll in the house this afternoon. It is actually cooler outside. Some of the streets in our neighborhood have power, so things are looking up. Glad you got your power back on, now you can return to some sort of normalcy.
Hang tight!
They are moving fast. Incredible efforts from all these guys.
I just took a second short drive yesterday and finally saw some gas stations running.
Publix by SR40/Williamson was open
I believe Walmart was still down but that might have already changed
Winn-dixie on SR40 by me is opened too so if you're short on food you have some options

When the AC finally kicked in, it was soooo good. And thankfully this year we did not have to trash the whole fridge and freezer contents

Saw some drone footage on the DAB News Journal online website. OMG !!!! Beach street is more like Halifax River Street now
Told to my wife for years that I would not live anywhere close to any river or Ocean....

Now once all of this settle, and it might take a while, I wonder what the moto scene will look like. I heard that Pax (my go to MX fix) in Bunnell was seriously flooded
Hudweiser9
9/14/2017 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 9:29pm
mxstate wrote:
Hudweiser9 wrote:
Nope, still in the dark! I do have a generator though. Yeah, hot as he'll in the house this afternoon. It is actually cooler outside. Some...
mxstate wrote:
Hang tight! They are moving fast. Incredible efforts from all these guys. I just took a second short drive yesterday and finally saw some gas stations...
Hang tight!
They are moving fast. Incredible efforts from all these guys.
I just took a second short drive yesterday and finally saw some gas stations running.
Publix by SR40/Williamson was open
I believe Walmart was still down but that might have already changed
Winn-dixie on SR40 by me is opened too so if you're short on food you have some options

When the AC finally kicked in, it was soooo good. And thankfully this year we did not have to trash the whole fridge and freezer contents

Saw some drone footage on the DAB News Journal online website. OMG !!!! Beach street is more like Halifax River Street now
Told to my wife for years that I would not live anywhere close to any river or Ocean....

Now once all of this settle, and it might take a while, I wonder what the moto scene will look like. I heard that Pax (my go to MX fix) in Bunnell was seriously flooded
Got power restored this evening! Hallelujah! It was 86 degrees inside my house when I got home from work. House is finally cooling down to normal levels. My office is on Palmetto and Magnolia ave, right off Beach st. I had 6-7 inches of water in my office. Luckily, I was smart enough to move everything off the floor on top of my desk. Furniture is hosed, but everything else is safe. The kicker is we just moved into that building 3 weeks ago after extensive renovations and all new furnishings. Some stuff was still in boxes that got ruined.
I did hit up the Winn Dixie on Tues for some water and ice. The Publix was a freakin madhouse by 40 and Williamson. No way was I fighting that crowd.
Hadn't heard about Pax Trac being flooded. That will suck big time. I haven't been to pax in a while. I race mostly post vintage stuff (I'm an old guy on old bikes). Jasper, Hilliard, Waldo, etc are some of the tracks I race at with the SSVMX Club.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/19/2017 5:39pm
Finally just got power. Oh laundry madness now. The good that came out of this is how the family wants a new rv now. Wife caught me getting chainsaw happy.
newmann
9/19/2017 6:30pm
FLmxer wrote:
Finally just got power. Oh laundry madness now. The good that came out of this is how the family wants a new rv now. Wife caught...
Finally just got power. Oh laundry madness now. The good that came out of this is how the family wants a new rv now. Wife caught me getting chainsaw happy.
Glad to see you guys getting things back in order. Hopefully that's it for the year and these others fizzle out.

Post a reply to: Hurricane Irma

The Latest