How does a thread about weather

scooter5002
1/4/2018 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 4:50pm
Get deleted? Bobby’s “WTF?” disappeared overnight. Anyone see THAT go political? Jeez, what’s going on around here?
|
early
Fantasy
2139th
1/4/2018 1:06pm
Speaking of weather, my Berner pup has been loving this winter!

scooter5002
1/4/2018 1:38pm

Threw these up yesterday, they almost had me crying yesterday, laughing so hard. Dig in the snow for the frisbee, come up completely white, then shake their heads furiously. I was gone during the cold snap, but it hit -40 for a few days, they were ecstatic to be outside.
JAFO92
1/4/2018 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 1:41pm
I did by accident, I went to make an edit in the original post of that thread and clicked 'Delete' by accident. It went poof! Its great to have that delete feature, but it would be good to have a "Are you sure?" prompt.

Lesson: if you are gonna edit something, put your old-guy 1x reader glasses on before clickin' stuff on the new Lenovo laptop. Blink

scooter5002
1/4/2018 1:53pm
Lol You dork. How do we replicate a classic like that?

The Shop

bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
1/4/2018 2:07pm
We're expected to hit -50 with the wind chill in the next few days. Hey Scooter, wanna carpool to California?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/4/2018 2:15pm
A couple times last week it hit -30°C/-24°F here. That's without the wind chill factor. It averaged around -20°C. Winter is just really beginning and I'm already over it. I don't mind snow but the cold that's another thing.

I'll be hibernation mode until spring lol.

That said I don't think I could live where there's practically no season change.
MR. X
1/4/2018 2:20pm
We're fixing to hit minus 30 the next couple days with wind chill.
newmann
1/4/2018 2:25pm
MR. X wrote:
We're fixing to hit minus 30 the next couple days with wind chill.
My youngest son got home to New Hampshire just in time for a -24 wind chill...Pinch
motogrady
1/4/2018 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 2:51pm

Our 2 dogs. 1 degree out back doesn't seem to faze em.

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/4/2018 3:00pm
JAFO92 wrote:
I did by accident, I went to make an edit in the original post of that thread and clicked 'Delete' by accident. It went poof! Its...
I did by accident, I went to make an edit in the original post of that thread and clicked 'Delete' by accident. It went poof! Its great to have that delete feature, but it would be good to have a "Are you sure?" prompt.

Lesson: if you are gonna edit something, put your old-guy 1x reader glasses on before clickin' stuff on the new Lenovo laptop. Blink

I'd have taken the fall for it. Wink
KMC440
1/4/2018 3:18pm
Can't you reconfigure the Vulva to prior to the delete and get it back?

No more sausages for your fingers down there !!!
Ted722
1/4/2018 3:21pm
Didn’t even podium last month.

JAFO92
1/4/2018 3:34pm
KMC440 wrote:

Huh
Sully
1/4/2018 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 3:45pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
A couple times last week it hit -30°C/-24°F here. That's without the wind chill factor. It averaged around -20°C. Winter is just really beginning and I'm...
A couple times last week it hit -30°C/-24°F here. That's without the wind chill factor. It averaged around -20°C. Winter is just really beginning and I'm already over it. I don't mind snow but the cold that's another thing.

That said I don't think I could live where there's practically no season change.
"That said I don't think I could live where there's practically no season change."

It's surprisingly easy to get used to no seasonal changes when you're sitting in your backyard, in January, having a beer, wearing shorts and sandals while people on the east coast are freezing their asses off.
1/4/2018 3:47pm
We're in the middle of a "bomb cyclone" here in the Maritimes... Never heard of it before. Pretty good storm, I think we're gonna take a rip in the truck to see what it's like around town.
MR. X
1/4/2018 3:51pm
Sully wrote:
[i]"That said I don't think I could live where there's practically no season change."[/i] It's surprisingly easy to get used to no seasonal changes when you're...
"That said I don't think I could live where there's practically no season change."

It's surprisingly easy to get used to no seasonal changes when you're sitting in your backyard, in January, having a beer, wearing shorts and sandals while people on the east coast are freezing their asses off.
There's just something about your snots freezing before you complete a full step outside that lets you know you're still alive !
ns503
1/4/2018 4:16pm
We're in the middle of a "bomb cyclone" here in the Maritimes... Never heard of it before. Pretty good storm, I think we're gonna take a...
We're in the middle of a "bomb cyclone" here in the Maritimes... Never heard of it before. Pretty good storm, I think we're gonna take a rip in the truck to see what it's like around town.
Yup, sounds pretty damned nasty out there. Don't know how our power hasn't gone out yet.
TXDirt
1/4/2018 5:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
A couple times last week it hit -30°C/-24°F here. That's without the wind chill factor. It averaged around -20°C. Winter is just really beginning and I'm...

I’m with you. I like the seasonal changes. After three or four months of Texas heat I welcome winter. We even got a little snow up here last week. It was great!
scooter5002
1/4/2018 5:43pm
bh84 wrote:
We're expected to hit -50 with the wind chill in the next few days. Hey Scooter, wanna carpool to California?
I won’t say I didn’t want to load my gear back up, and head right back down again. Lol However, I’m in Courtenay BC right now, visiting my sister, my Dad is also here, from down east. Next week, back to work, after 3 months off. Looks like semi-retirement is over.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/4/2018 5:44pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Sully wrote:
[i]"That said I don't think I could live where there's practically no season change."[/i] It's surprisingly easy to get used to no seasonal changes when you're...

Perhaps but winter activities are a lot of fun. I absolutely hate the heat. At least when it's cold you can warm up or dress warm. When it's hot and humid there's nothing you can do except watch TV with the AC on. Not a whole lot of fun.
Rhino
1/4/2018 5:47pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Sully wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Perhaps but winter activities are a lot of fun. I absolutely hate the heat. At least when it's cold you can warm up or dress warm...
Perhaps but winter activities are a lot of fun. I absolutely hate the heat. At least when it's cold you can warm up or dress warm. When it's hot and humid there's nothing you can do except watch TV with the AC on. Not a whole lot of fun.
BC or any of the western coastal states sounds like your cup of tea.
You can drive from beach summer to 30 feet of snow and back in 6 hours.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/4/2018 5:52pm
Sully wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Perhaps but winter activities are a lot of fun. I absolutely hate the heat. At least when it's cold you can warm up or dress warm...
Rhino wrote:
BC or any of the western coastal states sounds like your cup of tea. You can drive from beach summer to 30 feet of snow and...
Never been out West. Maybe one day I'll visit. I know for a fact that I can't afford to live in Vancouver and probably the surrounding areas.

Besides that doesn't it rain a lot on the West coast? That shit would get depressing.
scooter5002
1/4/2018 6:18pm
Rains during winter, not a lot of sun to be seen here. I’d have a hard time being here full time, rather have -20C and clear sunny skies, with snow on the ground.
Rhino
1/4/2018 6:24pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Rhino wrote:
BC or any of the western coastal states sounds like your cup of tea. You can drive from beach summer to 30 feet of snow and...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Never been out West. Maybe one day I'll visit. I know for a fact that I can't afford to live in Vancouver and probably the surrounding...
Never been out West. Maybe one day I'll visit. I know for a fact that I can't afford to live in Vancouver and probably the surrounding areas.

Besides that doesn't it rain a lot on the West coast? That shit would get depressing.
BC, Wash and Oregon yah.

Even Northern California not so much and only a few months out of the year will it even rain. Of course from the beach summer in San Francisco to 30 feet of snow is about 3 hours also.
1/4/2018 6:29pm
We're in the middle of a "bomb cyclone" here in the Maritimes... Never heard of it before. Pretty good storm, I think we're gonna take a...
ns503 wrote:
Yup, sounds pretty damned nasty out there. Don't know how our power hasn't gone out yet.
Considering how cold it`s been the last few weeks, the fact it`s finally at the freezing mark is nice. We cleared the truck off to go for a drive around town, even tho we've seen 20" since around noon the roads are in pretty good shape... Did loose a brand new BBQ cover though.
We're waiting to lose power here as well. Up early tomorrow, have my driveway to take care of and I look after a buddies driveway for his wife while he's in Iraq.
Ebs
1/4/2018 7:26pm
Sounding like a lot of the Western states ski resorts are getting skunked, very little snow.
KMC440
1/4/2018 10:26pm
KMC440 wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:
Huh
Long day yesterday, posted in semi trance. Blush
Rhino
1/4/2018 11:19pm
Ebs wrote:
Sounding like a lot of the Western states ski resorts are getting skunked, very little snow.
Yah, but last year the snow was over the ski lifts. Some areas had well over 800 inches with 10-15 feet per storm. And that's California.
MR. X
1/5/2018 2:42am
The lake is over 50 percent froze here already , we're about to lose the fuel for our snow machine.

Post a reply to: How does a thread about weather

The Latest