House with hero garage for sale in San Clemente

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
My neighbor up the street is retiring and putting his house on the market. He's a long time district 37 desert racer and his garage set up is nothing short of epic. Tall front garage door he fits his toyhauler through, the back is extended out so it fits. It has a shop area even with the trailer parked inside, heating, air condioning, work bench, bathroom, upstairs storage. I don't know shit about the house but the garage is all time, especially for living near the beach. Just throwing it out there trying to get another moto orientated neighbor. No it won't be cheap but if you know any moto people looking in this area already, the garage set up will make you cream your jeans. I'll post the "offiical" info when it's "officially" on the market. If you or any moto/ dirt bike people you know are looking around here anyway it's worth checking out. Let me know. I'm not sure when it will be officially on the market...

ps. Old neighborhood. No association, no mello roos tax (as far as I know)
|
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/31/2020 11:27am
"No, it won't be cheap."
WoohooGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning

San Clemente is awesome.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
7/31/2020 11:47am
Falcon wrote:
"No, it won't be cheap."

San Clemente is awesome.
I thought about selling mine and moving up to his but I've been in this house for 20 years and my property tax would quadruple. I figured if someone was looking in this area anyway it would be a cool property to jump on. Especially if your a garage type guy. Plus dirt bike people are way more fun than the average guy with close to a million bucks to spend on a house. The other homes that have sold around here have gone for high 7's and low 8's. But his is better. No idea what the price will be, but no it probably won't be cheap. It's on the west side of the freeway and for me no association makes it way more desirable. Want to paint it purple ? Paint the fucker purple... Laughing
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/31/2020 11:55am
I love San Clemente and go up there a few times a month on my street bike. Even tossed my dads ashes off the pier when nobody was looking. It was his favorite city and he wasn’t even a beach guy. My goal is to live there someday

The Shop

KMC440
7/31/2020 1:14pm
Yeah Sum .. can you go all Fletch and snag a kidnapper van for some pics?
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/31/2020 1:18pm
Falcon wrote:
"No, it won't be cheap."

San Clemente is awesome.
sumdood wrote:
I thought about selling mine and moving up to his but I've been in this house for 20 years and my property tax would quadruple. I...
I thought about selling mine and moving up to his but I've been in this house for 20 years and my property tax would quadruple. I figured if someone was looking in this area anyway it would be a cool property to jump on. Especially if your a garage type guy. Plus dirt bike people are way more fun than the average guy with close to a million bucks to spend on a house. The other homes that have sold around here have gone for high 7's and low 8's. But his is better. No idea what the price will be, but no it probably won't be cheap. It's on the west side of the freeway and for me no association makes it way more desirable. Want to paint it purple ? Paint the fucker purple... Laughing
....or if you want to skip a weekend on the old lawnmower and let your lawn/jungle grow to a ridiculous height of four inches, you can do that.

For sure, I am never buying a house with an HOA ever again. I'll also never be able to afford a house on the ocean side of the 5 freeway, so there's that... Unsure
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
7/31/2020 2:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2020 2:14pm
Falcon wrote:
....or if you want to skip a weekend on the old lawnmower and let your lawn/jungle grow to a ridiculous height of four inches, you can...
....or if you want to skip a weekend on the old lawnmower and let your lawn/jungle grow to a ridiculous height of four inches, you can do that.

For sure, I am never buying a house with an HOA ever again. I'll also never be able to afford a house on the ocean side of the 5 freeway, so there's that... Unsure
I feel lucky to live here everyday. No way I could sell and move back here. It was total dumb luck we were even able to get into this house. We stumbled across our house at the beginning of 2000. It was a beat up rental with squishy vinyl floors, original appliances, painted shut ancient windows, overgrown yard. Built in 1955 and 1,150 sq. ft. The renters were still living in it and were smokers and horders so it "Showed" horribly. When my wife first saw it she was saying "No Way", but it was really the only thing we could afford so I got her to look at would it could be, not what it was. Plus for our price range it was really the only game in town. I wanted it the second I saw it just because for one it was the only place even near our budget, and the garage was in the back with a long driveway that went the length of the house. All I saw was toy storage, "Oh yeah this'll work" Laughing But it was pretty rundown when we bought it. Rundown ones are hard to find now. Seems like when the parents pass away now the kids or whoever winds up on the deed wants to fix it up and then sell , rather than let them go "As is"
race
8/5/2020 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2020 6:30pm
T-street still have that perfect break? Spent my summers down there as a kid body-surfing and boogie-boarding.

I should get down there again. Is that burger stand still there? And the old guy that ran it? Those were killer burgers!

Post a reply to: House with hero garage for sale in San Clemente

The Latest