Home Cooking Too Good Not To Share

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2019 8:27 AM

Cut a tree down with youngest son to save Thomas after being up it 4 days through 45 inches of rain and flooding. Sweating my ass off!

Photo

Now enjoying the best bacon egg and cheese sammich ever as I try to save the pool.

Photo

|

9/21/2019 12:23 PM

Good job saving the kitty.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

9/24/2019 9:03 AM

One of my favourate dishes. A good ol lamb curry.
Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

9/25/2019 3:35 PM

Boomslang wrote:

One of my favourate dishes. A good ol lamb curry.
Photo

Man oh man that looks tasty, I can almost smell itw00t

|

00' BMW K1200 RS
83' Maico 490 ( The Project bike)
81' Maico 490- FOR SALE
03' KTM 525 SX (In ICU)
14.5 KTM 450 Fe- FOR SALE

9/25/2019 4:27 PM

Doing the keto thing with intermittent fasting. 8/16 ( I drink my carbs)

Butcherbox.com grass fed steak, Irish butter, Reggiano Parmigiano cheese, Brussel Sprouts with fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
I am dropping weight like a drunk in the gym..

Photo

|

9/25/2019 5:36 PM

Two years, two floods, I’ve lost 55k worth of kitchen appliances and am having spaghetti off of a Weber grill on the patio with my strays. Life is good.smile Photo

|

9/25/2019 10:51 PM

We call this a bunnychow. Hollow a 1/4 loaf of bread out and fill it with curry.

Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

9/27/2019 10:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2019 10:44 AM

Wow, the bar has been raised around here with some of the dishes you guys are making very impressive!

Well you know how smoked turkey once or twice a year is not enough for me so we buy an extra one and put in the freezer. Smoked it in July in 108 deg temp and with the leftovers we throw that in the freezer.

Photo

The weather has finally turned the corner in the state they call hell I mean Arizona and it's been down to double digits. cool

So that means it's time to break out the leftovers and we made some awesome turkey soup it's good for whatever ails you, the first batch we put in the carcass and a wing and it was so good made a second batch with a drumsticks.

It's good stuff with some cheese quesadillas. Photo
Photo
Paper plates for Newman. smile
Photo

|

9/27/2019 10:16 AM

Looks awesome g-man!!

|

9/27/2019 12:08 PM

G-Man with the paper plates...LOL

|

9/27/2019 7:25 PM

Cheater night and easy peasy.

Pro tip, some Jalapenos are as hot as a Habeneros and some mild like a green pepper. Cut the back off and leave 1/16 of the pepper and lick it before trashing it. If the bald spot on top of your head gets wet, use half of the pepper.

After all week of Keto and intermittent fasting until 2PM every day, butter in the coffee and cruciferous vegetables , I said screw it. No chems, 15 minutes cook time and delicious with much fiber. It feels like cheating with a big bore.

Photo

Photo

|

9/29/2019 12:54 PM

t_baum88 wrote: Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Is it duck here?

|

Grill 'em all

9/29/2019 2:45 PM

Reverse Searing some steaks tonight, I'll take pictures when they are done.

|

9/29/2019 3:55 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

Pro tip, some Jalapenos are as hot as a Habeneros and some mild like a green pepper. Cut the back off and leave 1/16 of the pepper and lick it before trashing it. If the bald spot on top of your head gets wet, use half of the pepper.

After all week of Keto and intermittent fasting until 2PM every day, butter in the coffee and cruciferous vegetables , I said screw it. No chems, 15 minutes cook time and delicious with much fiber. It feels like cheating with a big bore.

Photo

Photo

This looks good and I love the simplicity. We make something similar. I’m making it later this week. Will garnish with cilantro, fresh red onion, fresh jalapeño, and maybe a drizzle of bbq sauce or Tabasco. This dish takes like 10 minutes tops and is hearty and flavorful. And cheap to!

|

9/29/2019 4:41 PM

Photo

Didn't quite get the sear on them that I wanted, but the flavor was great. Smoked them until the internal temperature was 102, and put them in a hot cast iron pan with some garlic and thyme and butter. Ideally, I use a little thicker steak, because it can take the heat easier without over cooking the middle.
|

9/29/2019 5:30 PM

newmann wrote:

Two years, two floods, I’ve lost 55k worth of kitchen appliances and am having spaghetti off of a Weber grill on the patio with my strays. Life is good.smile Photo

Guy at work just got flooded the second time with Imelda - lives near Winnie. I dealt with the grandmother-in-laws flooded house during Harvey - I wouldn’t wish that once on my worst enemy - let alone two times in a couple years!

|

10/1/2019 1:29 PM

TXDirt wrote: Photo
Photo

That looks great! What do you use for a base/sauce? EVOO and herbs? That would be great with some wine and a salad.....

|

10/1/2019 1:34 PM

newmann wrote:

Johnny Lock wrote:

Guy at work just got flooded the second time with Imelda - lives near Winnie. I dealt with the grandmother-in-laws flooded house during Harvey - I wouldn’t wish that once on my worst enemy - let alone two times in a couple years!

We received only 2" of rain with Imelda. My catfish are about to walk out of my pond to find some water..

|

10/1/2019 2:12 PM

TXDirt wrote: Photo
Photo

dadofagun wrote:

That looks great! What do you use for a base/sauce? EVOO and herbs? That would be great with some wine and a salad.....

Sometimes I’ll use just EVOO and herbs or I’ll use a little bit of fire roasted sauce from a jar. I do not like a lot of sauce on my pizza. Most pizza places use waaaay to much sauce in my opinion. You can also get a really good pesto sauce from most grocery stores and I’ll use that. Just depends on what I feel I want. Sometimes I’ll use all three even. A little red sauce. Put on my toppings. Drizzle a little EVOO and a few dots of pesto sauce on top. Yum!

|

10/1/2019 2:25 PM

newmann wrote:

Johnny Lock wrote:

VetMX.com wrote:

We received only 2" of rain with Imelda. My catfish are about to walk out of my pond to find some water..

A pic from IH10 in Winnie. TxDot claims their IH10 expansion projects have no effects on drainage or flooding.

Photo

My road from the end of my driveway after the water had gone down 12 inches. IH10 straight ahead

Photo

|

10/1/2019 2:28 PM

Brutal. Time to lift the house like in Myerland.

|

10/1/2019 2:55 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

Photo

Photo

Here was my try at it tonight.

Photo

|

10/1/2019 2:57 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

Photo

Photo

TXDirt wrote:

Here was my try at it tonight.

Photo

Yum!
You forgot the cold beer!

|

10/1/2019 3:03 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

Yum!
You forgot the cold beer!

I forgot the jalapeño though. But yeah it tasted awesome! Simple. Quick. Fresh.

|

10/1/2019 3:05 PM

Dinner last night.

Photo

|

10/1/2019 3:07 PM

newmann wrote:

Unhealthy? Unhealthy is a pasty white Vegan with sunken in eyes.

Sunday breakfast here. Pancakes cooked with butter to a lightly crisped edge. Applewood bacon lightly crispy and fresh squeezed tangelo juice with all the pulp in it.

Dishwasher safe fine china for the win!

Photo

That meal could work any time of day. I'm a sucker for breakfast for dinner from time to time......

|

10/1/2019 3:08 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Dinner last night.

Photo

I need that recipe!!!!!

|

10/8/2019 10:27 AM

This is some tasty chicken I love cilantro and lime.
You have to be careful grilling the chicken as the marinade induces the flame so a lot of turning of the chicken every 3 to 4 minutes.

Photo
Photo

Photo

https://therecipecritic.com/grilled-honey-lime-cilantro-chicken/

|

11/7/2019 1:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2019 8:16 AM

OK Boyz This Thread hasn't had much activity lately so I'm going to re-start with a Back to Basics picture of which parts of the cow (Tenderloin filet) are the best for tender, juicy steaks.

Photo

We picked up a couple of grass-fed filets from Sprouts yesterday and I have a killer recipe for searing them that I'm going to do tomorrow.

Last time I did it they came out fantastic! 😛

Melt-in-your-mouth, as tasty as any $50 steak you get in some five star restaurant.

|

11/8/2019 6:07 AM

I cook my filet's in a cast iron skillet. 2" thick steaks, on a very hot cast iron pan, for about 4 minutes. Flip them, and go 2 minutes. Then into a 500 degree oven for 4-5 minutes. Pull the skillet out of the oven, plate the steaks (on warm plates) and let rest for 4 minutes. A dab of butter over the top and serve. As good as ANY high-end steak house.

|