Home Cooking Too Good Not To Share

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2018 3:43 PM

This was a recipe I saw on FB. Made it today for lunch. It’s french onion soup grilled cheese. Was good but super rich.

Photo

|

10/30/2018 6:52 PM

Anyone roast their own pumpkin seeds? We’ve been doing it since I was a kid. Can’t buy this in no store!!

Photo
Photo

|

11/10/2018 7:27 AM

Homemade chicken noodle soup. The broth is smooth as velvet!!
Photo
Photo

|

11/10/2018 12:00 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Anyone roast their own pumpkin seeds? We’ve been doing it since I was a kid. Can’t buy this in no store!!

Photo
Photo

Everything you have posted looks great.
What time is the next meal coming out,because I want to be there!
What do you season your pumpkin seeds with?

|

11/10/2018 12:17 PM

TXDirt wrote:

I was zooming in on the pic on my phone. My goodness it looks so glorious!!! It's literally gourmet meatloaf without the pretentiousness.

I'll share a recipe if I can get one. It's been years of refinement so there is nothing she measures. It's all about "feel".

It was glistening with flavor.

I'm a food snob and I will put that right up against the best things I eat.

There is beauty in simplicity.

She makes another dish we call "beans and cornbread". This is a depression era meal. She uses Lima beans, Cajun smoked ham hocks, ham chunks, seasoning. It's literally one of the best things I've eaten.

Probably costs less then $15 to feed a family of 6. And is absolutely amazing!

My wife call that hobo beans. So good. MIT wife makes a mean meatloaf too. It’s just awesome.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/10/2018 12:46 PM

neverwas wrote:

I rinse the seeds in water but not too much. You want to keep some of the pumpkin guts in there. The butter and seasoning just melts in your mouth with some of the actual pumpkin stuff.

I use 3/4 to a whole stick of butter and melt it first, and then Lawry's Seasoning Salt. That's it. Pretty generous amount of the seasoning to your liking.

Cook in oven on 350-375 for 30-45 minutes. Will broil on about 450 for maybe 5-10 minutes at the end to get the desired char on them I like.

Pretty simple overall.

|

11/10/2018 1:41 PM

Scrolling through this thread was a mistake. I'm now very hungry. grin

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

11/12/2018 5:36 PM

Skillet steak with a button mushroom sauce reduction over garlic mashed potatoes.
Photo

|

11/14/2018 5:31 PM

Tonight’s meal. Going to eat just salad tomorrow to balance things out lol
Photo

|

11/15/2018 3:08 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Photo
Photo

neverwas wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

I rinse the seeds in water but not too much. You want to keep some of the pumpkin guts in there. The butter and seasoning just melts in your mouth with some of the actual pumpkin stuff.

I use 3/4 to a whole stick of butter and melt it first, and then Lawry's Seasoning Salt. That's it. Pretty generous amount of the seasoning to your liking.

Cook in oven on 350-375 for 30-45 minutes. Will broil on about 450 for maybe 5-10 minutes at the end to get the desired char on them I like.

Pretty simple overall.

Thanks,I am roasting some this weekend. Man the pictures you post has me hungry.

|

11/15/2018 3:51 PM

neverwas wrote:

Thanks,I am roasting some this weekend. Man the pictures you post has me hungry.

Let me know how they turn out!

|

11/15/2018 4:48 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Photo

Details please...smile

|

11/15/2018 5:13 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Photo

newmann wrote:

Details please...smile

Well that was a ribeye steak with mushrooms and sautéed shrimp.

Tonight it was salad only. So meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn!! lol

|

11/17/2018 4:04 PM

Wife is cooking up a pot full of chicken and sausage gumbo.

Photo

Testing some roux with a really good boudain ball...smile

Photo

|

11/17/2018 4:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2018 4:57 PM

Tomorrow is my birthday and i get the dinner of my choice, as of now my all time fav, even above Filet, is Cattlemans Prime Rib! Pretty sure that restaurant is regional, but it is incredible! Melts in your mouth. I was thinking lobster and filet cooked at home...but im in a red meat mood.

I would love to cook one again, we did once, it was more work than just buying one LOL My whole fam arent really meat eaters, just my pop and I.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/17/2018 5:29 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Tomorrow is my birthday and i get the dinner of my choice, as of now my all time fav, even above Filet, is Cattlemans Prime Rib! Pretty sure that restaurant is regional, but it is incredible! Melts in your mouth. I was thinking lobster and filet cooked at home...but im in a red meat mood.

I would love to cook one again, we did once, it was more work than just buying one LOL My whole fam arent really meat eaters, just my pop and I.

We will occasionally plan a family dinner with everyone over and cook up a 8-10 lb prime rib. Always ends with a little bickering over me not cooking it to a medium. Love it medium rare, pull it at 125-130 and let it sit to 130-135 and slice.

|

11/17/2018 5:31 PM

Yep Newmann thats exactly how i like it, my pops like its still moo'ing LOL

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/17/2018 6:58 PM

I’ve been on a steak and mushroom kick lately. Tonight’s was perfect!

Photo

|

11/19/2018 2:29 PM

Dang dude, that thing is still moo'ing! I'm a pretty good cook too. Here's a video I made of me cooking Saturday's special! smile

|

11/19/2018 4:03 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

Dang dude, that thing is still moo'ing! I'm a pretty good cook too. Here's a video I made of me cooking Saturday's special! smile

I don't know what that contraption is, but I WANT ONE!

|

11/20/2018 4:39 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

Sully wrote:

I don't know what that contraption is, but I WANT ONE!

It's called a Pizzazz. Been using it for years.

|

11/20/2018 10:43 PM

Just got back from Hurlburt Field (Ft Walton Beach). I had to transport equipment so I drove down and back. I took an ice chest and loaded up on boudin and other Cajun meats in Alexandria LA. Gonna make stuffing out of the boudin for Turkey day. Had some duck and andouille sausage gumbo that I gotta try to duplicate. The gator po'boy didn't suck either. The dirty rice was a disappointment...hamburger instead of chicken livers. Man, I miss living down that way.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/22/2019 4:11 PM

Homemade chicken pot pies. These are the bomb!

Photo
Photo

|

2/22/2019 5:34 PM

Yum! care to share recipe,
I remember back "In the Day" we had a thread on here about food and recipes to make what you made. see if I can find it.

|

2/22/2019 6:36 PM

Wife made me this marble cheesecake for my birthday. It’s awesome. Photo

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/23/2019 8:51 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Photo
Photo

Don't know how I missed this. Good Lord, those noodles are what my old folks used to call "slickers". It must take magic to make 'em right cause I can't. Absolutely beautiful.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/23/2019 10:30 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Looks great. Happy birthday!!

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

2/24/2019 3:36 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Recipe please! That looks awesome

|

2/24/2019 4:51 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Photo
Photo

plowboy wrote:

Don't know how I missed this. Good Lord, those noodles are what my old folks used to call "slickers". It must take magic to make 'em right cause I can't. Absolutely beautiful.

Very few ingredients. All about the technique. Wife really has it down. My mom passed it down to my wife. And my wife will pass it down to our daughters. And the broth is silky smooth like velvet.

|

2/24/2019 5:38 PM

Happy BDay Georgie!

Speaking of Birthdays, my wife threw her mother an 85th Birthday party at our house today. It’s been raining for two years straight here it seems so I cleared out my shop and the covered carport and patio areas just in case the weather was bad. Of course with all the cleaning up I did, the weather was absolutely beautiful. laughing

Our painter at work has been hononig his BBQ skills the past few years and just got his pit fired up after some upgrades. Had him do up a 14 lb brisket and a few racks of baby back ribs. I whipped up some beans, dirty rice (packaged) , hot dogs and boneless chicken thighs. Wife made some banana pudding to go with the cake and cupcakes.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
Photo

Photo

|