Hockey in Canada travel, RIP

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2018 3:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 3:57 PM

As a former player, coach and hockey Dad.....you drive and ride the bus through a lot of bad weather.
You are having so much fun with the adventure and your teammates on the bus, you don’t give a darn about what is outside the bus windows.

Four wheel drives and SUV’s are almost a necessity. One of the only things I like about winter is throwing the truck in four wheel drive and heading out and playing in storms.

Transport truck drivers are either very skilled or crazy, I’m not sure.....they do a ton of jack knifing.

Anyway, RIP victims. The families, can’t imagine. Canada loves you.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

4/7/2018 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 3:15 PM

15 of 29 on the bus killed and more in critical condition. I have no words.

|

4/7/2018 3:17 PM

As a lover of our USHA team here in town I'm unbelievably saddened for the individuals, families and friends of the players and the team staff.

Rest in peace Bronco's.

|

4/7/2018 5:25 PM

Simply brutal....

|

HAF

4/7/2018 6:13 PM

Truck driver blew the stop sign, it had flashing reds to warn of its location. Bus hit the trailer, a loaded flatbed. No clue what happened, but that driver is going to have a long time to ponder his decision making.
Horrible for the families.

|

4/7/2018 6:49 PM

Damn Scooter I didn't know the rest of the story ...
Wow ... I'd be suicidal if I caused something like that with my truck.
That is my biggest fear. ..

|

4/7/2018 7:08 PM

One of the players, Evan Thomas, played with us in August in Saskatoon at the Kelly Chase, NHL Fantasy camp, charity tournament. He was so excited to be involved. Amazing how far the reach of this tragedy goes.

|

4/7/2018 7:28 PM

Our little town has one of only 5 US teams that play in Canadian Junior leagues. I'm sure that some of our players probably played with or against some of those young men on the bus and are likely heartbroken as well. Those bus rides are long, and I'm sure this tragedy will be weighing on them this week as they travel north.

Truly a devastating event. My heart hurts for all the families.

|

4/8/2018 2:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 2:21 AM

|

4/8/2018 6:42 PM

They have a go fund me page setup. Have raised over 4,000,000 in 48 hours. That’s the collective power of “community”.

|

4/14/2018 6:42 AM

The GoFundMe to support the organization and the families is at just over $11.1M. Tim Horton's is also taking donations and selling green and yellow sprinkled Humboldt donuts.

There is a nationwide show of support going on with people leaving their sticks on their doorsteps, and this past Thursday millions of Canadians wore our jerseys in support.

Its absolutely incredible.

https://ca.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

4/14/2018 7:30 AM

bh84 wrote:

The GoFundMe to support the organization and the families is at just over $11.1M. Tim Horton's is also taking donations and selling green and yellow sprinkled Humboldt donuts.

There is a nationwide show of support going on with people leaving their sticks on their doorsteps, and this past Thursday millions of Canadians wore our jerseys in support.

Its absolutely incredible.

https://ca.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos

Some kid in Quebec got sent home for wearing a jersey instead of his school uniform on jersey day. They told him he had two choices, change into his school polo shirt uniform or go home.

Kid chose to go home because it was important to him to show his support.

Little bit of controversy because he apparently has broken the school uniform rule before.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."