Historic Aircraft from back in the day

SEEMEFIRST
11/18/2021 8:26pm
Money wrote:
Know this is a bit off topic but something else i find very interesting is the Submarine’s that are out there today.
One hit an underwater mountain the other day.
All sub missions are halted until they figure out why is what I heard.

Stalled is probably more accurate of a term.
G-man
11/18/2021 9:03pm

SEEMEFIRST
11/18/2021 9:16pm
G-man wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/11/18/518962/s1200_Screenshot_20211118_182524_Facebook.jpg[/img]

Him and the tail gunner had a reported 17 minute lifespan in a conflict.
Money
11/18/2021 10:38pm
Money wrote:
Know this is a bit off topic but something else i find very interesting is the Submarine’s that are out there today.
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
One hit an underwater mountain the other day. All sub missions are halted until they figure out why is what I heard. Stalled is probably more...

Could be wrong but heard from someone that maybe it didn’t hit a under water mountain. Maybe it was following beneath a “Chinese” ship and got a little too close and bang. Pure speculation but cool tho

The Shop

Kenny Lingus
11/19/2021 7:40am
Money wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
One hit an underwater mountain the other day. All sub missions are halted until they figure out why is what I heard. Stalled is probably more...

My brother is part of the silent service. Crazy shit happens all the time. Whatever they said happened is a lie. Our subs are badass.
rhargrave431
11/19/2021 11:38am
I find it hard to believe they hit an underwater mountain. Plus they immediately fired all in charge.
Sully
11/19/2021 4:46pm
I find it hard to believe they hit an underwater mountain. Plus they immediately fired all in charge.
I have no idea whether the sub hit a mountain, or a Russian sub, but sacking the CO (and usually the Navigator) is standard when a boat runs aground, or hits something.
Money
11/19/2021 7:54pm
Money wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:

My brother is part of the silent service. Crazy shit happens all the time. Whatever they said happened is a lie. Our subs are badass.
That crazy shit would be unreal to know
SEEMEFIRST
11/19/2021 9:05pm
Money wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:

I don't disagree. I was merely trying to get us talking about this.
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
11/19/2021 10:35pm
Speaking of subs, when we were on the Tiger cruise on the Reagan we were taking the tour of the bridge and one of the parents noticed the depth indicator went from something like 5,000 to 200 feet for a few seconds, then back to 5,000 feet. When asked about it the the captain said "I cannot confirm or deny there may be a submarine in our group" Laughing
Kenny Lingus
11/20/2021 7:12am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Didn't mean anything negative towards what you said. Sorry if it came across to that way I was in a hurry when I typed that.
Money
11/20/2021 6:31pm
sumdood wrote:
Speaking of subs, when we were on the Tiger cruise on the Reagan we were taking the tour of the bridge and one of the parents...
Speaking of subs, when we were on the Tiger cruise on the Reagan we were taking the tour of the bridge and one of the parents noticed the depth indicator went from something like 5,000 to 200 feet for a few seconds, then back to 5,000 feet. When asked about it the the captain said "I cannot confirm or deny there may be a submarine in our group" Laughing
Heard there’s always a sub in the area when there’s an air craft carrier at sea ?
Sully
11/20/2021 6:44pm
sumdood wrote:
Speaking of subs, when we were on the Tiger cruise on the Reagan we were taking the tour of the bridge and one of the parents...
Money wrote:
Heard there’s always a sub in the area when there’s an air craft carrier at sea ?
Not always. Depends on where and what the carrier is doing.

I have a great photo print somewhere that I shot from USS Kitty Hawk in '00 of a sub doing an emergency blow (where they pop out of the water like a cork). Wish i could remember where it is.
Money
11/21/2021 6:22am
sumdood wrote:
Money wrote:
Sully wrote:
Not always. Depends on where and what the carrier is doing. I have a great photo print somewhere that I shot from USS Kitty Hawk in...
Not always. Depends on where and what the carrier is doing.

I have a great photo print somewhere that I shot from USS Kitty Hawk in '00 of a sub doing an emergency blow (where they pop out of the water like a cork). Wish i could remember where it is.
Dang that would be cool to see
Kenny Lingus
11/21/2021 7:46am
Money wrote:
That crazy shit would be unreal to know
🤐
I am comfortable saying that Russia is not a threat nor is China.
SEEMEFIRST
11/22/2021 7:04pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Didn't mean anything negative towards what you said. Sorry if it came across to that way I was in a hurry when I typed that.
No, worries.
Sunhouse
12/7/2021 12:27pm
I’m currently in Entebbe. Uganda, and found these puppies on the beach (yes, the beach):

Sunhouse
12/7/2021 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2021 1:25pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
^^^ Beach is pretty green. Grinning
Lol just in the pics😄
Google «Aero Beach Entebbe, and you will see the beach. The engines/tail of the Caravelle are only a good 4-5m from the beach and water. There is hardly any sand, as bars and grass were built on top right next to the water
You can see the umbrellas on the beach at the edge of the 707’s wings in one of the pics

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
12/7/2021 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2021 2:40pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Lol just in the pics😄 Google «Aero Beach Entebbe, and you will see the beach. The engines/tail of the Caravelle are only a good 4-5m from...
Lol just in the pics😄
Google «Aero Beach Entebbe, and you will see the beach. The engines/tail of the Caravelle are only a good 4-5m from the beach and water. There is hardly any sand, as bars and grass were built on top right next to the water
You can see the umbrellas on the beach at the edge of the 707’s wings in one of the pics

What prompted you to go to Uganda?

Ever watch Drew Binsky on YouTube? Just saw he visited all 197 countries. Took him almost 10 years to do it.

You should really consider being a travel blogger.
Sunhouse
12/8/2021 12:27am
Sunhouse wrote:
Lol just in the pics😄 Google «Aero Beach Entebbe, and you will see the beach. The engines/tail of the Caravelle are only a good 4-5m from...
Lol just in the pics😄

-MAVERICK- wrote:
What prompted you to go to Uganda? Ever watch Drew Binsky on YouTube? Just saw he visited all 197 countries. Took him almost 10 years to...
What prompted you to go to Uganda?

Ever watch Drew Binsky on YouTube? Just saw he visited all 197 countries. Took him almost 10 years to do it.

You should really consider being a travel blogger.
Just wanted to make winter shorter, and hadn’t been in Africa in 4 years. It was quite affordable, unlike most of Africa😅
Yeah, watched him a bit. I like his videos, although sometimes with the travel bloggers they only stay for a short time. Like his trip to Nigeria was a guided tour of Lagos for like 3hours, and another guy claimes to have been to Panama, but was only there for 10 hours incl transits to the airport🙈
There are some really gold ones though, the Kiwi guy with the goofy video titles, Russian guy («The people») and a Danish guy who is still travelling the world since 2013, with a minimum of 2 weeks in each country🤩

Got a suggestion for a cool place to go for a week over new years?

I really want to do a tour to see the great plane museums of North America. Been to the one in Seattle which was awesome. RAF museum in England was really good. Did one in Orlando which was fun. But there are sooo many good museums in the US. Imagine going on the tours through the airplane graveyards for both commercial and military planes! Such a must-do!

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
12/8/2021 7:21am
Sunhouse wrote:
Just wanted to make winter shorter, and hadn’t been in Africa in 4 years. It was quite affordable, unlike most of Africa😅 Yeah, watched him a...
Just wanted to make winter shorter, and hadn’t been in Africa in 4 years. It was quite affordable, unlike most of Africa😅
Yeah, watched him a bit. I like his videos, although sometimes with the travel bloggers they only stay for a short time. Like his trip to Nigeria was a guided tour of Lagos for like 3hours, and another guy claimes to have been to Panama, but was only there for 10 hours incl transits to the airport🙈
There are some really gold ones though, the Kiwi guy with the goofy video titles, Russian guy («The people») and a Danish guy who is still travelling the world since 2013, with a minimum of 2 weeks in each country🤩

I really want to do a tour to see the great plane museums of North America. Been to the one in Seattle which was awesome. RAF museum in England was really good. Did one in Orlando which was fun. But there are sooo many good museums in the US. Imagine going on the tours through the airplane graveyards for both commercial and military planes! Such a must-do!

Suggestions? Throw a dart at the world map and go to the closest place it lands.

You've been to Syria and North Korea, so it should be a breeze. Grinning
Yeti831
12/11/2021 8:01pm
Well, I originally posted about this fine aircraft so I’m circling back now.

A company is not only restarting Albatross production, but with turboprops 😍😍😍

A turboprop G111/hu16 is something they tried doing years ago but there just wasn’t enough interest in the concept to find the research and implementation.

I’ll never be able to afford one, but Im honestly stoked considering there’s only something like 10-11 of these beasts that are currently flying and airworthy.

https://www.amphibaircraft.com/g-111t
plowboy
2/23/2022 1:47pm
G-man wrote:
The plane built around a CANNON! :woohoo: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/02/23/535156/s1200_Screenshot_20220223_140528_Google.jpg[/img] https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/02/deathmatch-p-51-mustang-vs-the-a-10-warthog-which-plane-is-better/ [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/02/23/535157/s1200_Screenshot_20220223_141119_Google.jpg[/img]
I'll admit to being biased because I worked on the A-10 at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge back in the '80's. Regardless, when the ground troops say that having Warthogs supporting means SO much to confidence...I'll always vote to keep them in the inventory. There are new aircraft vieing to replace the A-10 but the DOD is spending money elsewhere. All I can say is that those men on the ground need the most effective close air support money can buy...not the cheapest...the BEST.
brlatm
2/23/2022 6:01pm
Saw this in Hue, Vietnam when taxiing out. You don't see this every day.
brlatm
2/23/2022 6:03pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Just wanted to make winter shorter, and hadn’t been in Africa in 4 years. It was quite affordable, unlike most of Africa😅 Yeah, watched him a...

Did you notice the nice bullet holes in the original flight tower there left by the Israelis? Entebbe is insanely humid, I swear it rained every morning there. I was there in the spring of 98 in support of the POTUS. I will never forget that god-awful Nile beer.

Post a reply to: Historic Aircraft from back in the day

The Latest