Help me pick out Desktop for video editing

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2019 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2019 11:26 AM

Hey All...Need a new desktop to edit video from my new gopro. I am not a tech person, but love editing and doing videos/photos. Told I should look at gaming computers. I dont have an unlimited budget (that goes to moto lol). Already have a good monitor, just need the tower. I would like to keep it around $600-700 if that is possible?
I am purchasing through Overstock.com.
Can you help a fellow Vitard, please? I am clueless and need your input.
Here is a link to their selection of desktops for gaming, although they do have other desktop options if those will work for editing? Looking to edit minimum of 2.7k quality, possibly 4k if possible. Again, i am a Vitard with this tech stuff.

https://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Gaming-Desktops/28193/subcat.html?sort=Price%20Low%20-%20High

Thanks in advance for any assistance, much appreciated! I know there was a recent topic on this, but I dont want to shop for PCs all day. Just need some trusted input

|

2/14/2019 2:09 PM

Can anyone help me, please? Hoping to order today or tomorrow, could use some advise!

|

2/14/2019 2:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2019 2:40 PM

I'd sell the monitor you currently have and use that money to toss an extra few bucks towards a refurbished iMac or Macbook.

The base models are pretty solid for starters and if / when you feel like you want to push yourself further grab some third party ram and go nuts.

|

2/14/2019 2:53 PM

akillerwombat wrote:

I'd sell the monitor you currently have and use that money to toss an extra few bucks towards a refurbished iMac or Macbook.

The base models are pretty solid for starters and if / when you feel like you want to push yourself further grab some third party ram and go nuts.

Thank you for the input! I would really like to avoid Mac if at all possible. I know they are great, but I prefer to stay on the other side of the moon. .Any recommendations from the overstock site? I have a credit with them, so was hoping to order there.

|

2/14/2019 3:02 PM

Sorry, can't help ya then.

Been a mac guy for like 15 years... it's all I know.

Good luck.

|

2/14/2019 3:04 PM

If you knew a good computer geek build your own.

That's what I did.. my geek isn't really a geek.

|