Help me out, fellow cheapskates...

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2018 9:55 AM

(Paging Weege? Lol)

Any tips from fellow tightwads on holiday shopping with minimal damage to the wallet? I've taken advantage of some of the online Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, but I'm only about halfway done, and already feel like I've spent too much.

If anyone has suggestions on good gift ideas/ways to minimize costs, preferably w/o coming off as a massive cheap-ass in the process, help a brother out! cool

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

12/3/2018 10:08 AM

Try shoplifting. You get an adrenaline rush AND save money.

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

12/3/2018 10:38 AM

^^^ Lol. Made me laugh. Thanks.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/3/2018 10:59 AM

Cheapest way out is don't buy gifts. It took a few years but I told people about 10 years ago to not buy me gifts. I was done with xmas. There was a couple stragglers but they eventually got the message. What it's turned into borders on repulsive.

Sorry for the scrooge blast but there's my idea.

|

12/3/2018 11:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2018 11:00 AM

Make coupon books for everyone..They could include things such as (depending on the recipient):

A relaxing back rub
Home cooked meal
Getting the car washed
Master of the remote control day
Breakfast in bed
A relaxing foot massage
Dinner at favorite restaurant
Outdoor adventure
An intimate slow dance
Day of compliments
Movie night out

laughing laughing

|

12/3/2018 11:20 AM

^ This
I did coupon's last year, my lunatic now ex wife cashed them in with someone else on New Year's.

Cheap n easy divorce w00t

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

12/3/2018 11:57 AM

Photo
|

12/4/2018 8:26 AM

Re-gift.

|

GP740
Since 1987

12/4/2018 8:44 AM

Kids snd friends ? Go to Wally mart and buy cheap fun stupid little toys for under 5 bucks. Slinky, whee-lo, frisbee, wind up toys, rubber band powered balsa wood planes, for your significant other ? Haha fuck dude sorry I think you’re on your own on that one, I can tell you what not to get her laughing laughing

|

12/4/2018 10:18 AM

The only effective way to shop for X-mas presents on a budget, is to shop through out the year. Take advantage of holiday offers, and buy one or two things at a time.

|

[Moto Creed-O: Take the High-Road.....Kick His Ass and Fuck His Chick

12/4/2018 12:01 PM

Buy your wife a pre lit Xmas tree on January 2nd. The nice $400 one will be $80. Ask me how I know. Merry next Christmas!

|

GP740
Since 1987

12/4/2018 2:30 PM

Lotto tickets, cheap with a minimal chance of becoming a hero.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

12/4/2018 6:26 PM

I remember one year I ran out of cash and I had to get some things for my Mom. She moved everything out of its place in order to make room for decorations so I went around boxing and wrapping her own stuff. She was on the 3rd or 4th gift before she caught on that it was her own stuff. She had a good time, unwrapped about 15 gifts and I probably was only able to get her like 2 small things and one larger in the whole deal. She felt like she had a big night, we all had a laugh and still to this day, she will buy something and say wrap this for me for Christmas.

Last year my wife got a really nice plush blanket from someone. She loves those things but somehow it has gone all year unopened and unused. I found it the other day with a ribbon still around it. I cabbaged that sucker and wrapped it the other day.

Then there is the gift that keeps on giving. When we go to my parents house for Christmas, my sister and I usually take a bag and put all the wrapping in it and tell Mom we cleaned everything up. But in reality we stuff at least half of it under the couch. About April or May Mom will find it and be like what the hell. lol

|

12/5/2018 2:56 AM

Harbour Freight for the win.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

12/5/2018 6:26 AM

I was delivering at a power plant by Ludington, Mi one year. Asked if I could have a couple chunks of that black stuff over there. Was on the phone when my sister, all excited, opened the box up.
My brother-in-law's laughter more than made up for any amount of hate from my sister. wink tongue cheerful

|

12/5/2018 7:07 AM

A donation in your name had been made to the human fund

|

12/6/2018 4:41 PM

Do what I do. Get everybody those 3-flavor popcorn tins. They're only like 5 bucks each and everybody enjoys them.

|

12/7/2018 11:47 AM

We always have a bit of fun with the gifts and wrap them multiple times. So you'll have a big box labelled for Susie, she opens it and finds more paper underneath for Johnnie, who opens it to find whatever box. But when he opens it there's another wrapped box inside for someone else.

Also we always open one gifts at a time, that way everyone gets to see what's going on and it stretches the morning out. My in laws just go to town and it lasts about 5 min and you have no idea who got what. For me I think there's a lot of thought that goes into the gifts (hopefully) and it's nice to spend a couple hours hanging out and taking some time to appreciate it.

Both suggestions don't really help you pick a gift, but might help on the day of.

One other thing I do is whenever my wife says "oh that's cool" i add it to an ongoing note in my phone so when Christmas comes I just go grab a bunch of stuff from the list and she's always super pumped at how thoughtful I am lol.

|

12/7/2018 11:49 AM

Oh one more suggestion is use points if you have any. I usually have gas station points I turn into lottery tickets. Or credit cards points for gift cards. So you're not out of pocket at least.

|

12/7/2018 12:05 PM

On my wife’s side we do a draw and cap the gifts at 50. On my side I usually say f##k the adults and buy all the kids something fairly cheap.

|

12/8/2018 2:52 AM

At Thanksgiving dinner the subject of Chirsitmas shopping came up,as it always does.I announced to the whole family that everyone I know has been naughty this year ,so I dont have to buy any presents.Not one person disputed my statement and claimed to have been good this year.The "aw f#@k expression on the kids faces was priceless!!!

|

12/9/2018 3:30 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

^^^ Lol. Made me laugh. Thanks.

X2

As i get older adrenaline seems harder to come by without it hurting,

|

12/10/2018 1:18 PM

Almost nobody believes in god or Jesus anymore... Yet Everybody still celebrates Christmas... Wtf?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

12/10/2018 6:49 PM

Make a donation in each persons name to “The Human Fund”. Who doesn’t love charitable giving.... Photo

|