Hawaii trip (Oahu)

rongi#401
Edited Date/Time 4/8/2018 5:17pm
Last day is tomorrow. Been here 10 days.
First 7 days we stayed at an air bnb in a ghetto studio appt. Two nights ago I woke up and idk if it was a nightmare or if there was actually someone trying to break in. But I half asleep punched through a plate glass window in a cage trying to sock the guy (if he even existed)...I'm like 90 percent sure I wasn't having a manic episode. So we got a hotel in downtown Waikiki at 3 am.
Lady that owns the house refunded us the last 3 days of our stay. Never woke up in such a panic/ rage state, I normally sleepwalk but nothing like that.
Tomorrow guna go check out the mx track and then do a shark tank dive.

Got bud

The window I broke lol

Met w my buddy's from home that we're also here

Ran out of bud. Got more

|
rubarb
4/2/2018 1:42pm
Watch out for the hunting dogs on the trails
MotoMo165
4/2/2018 5:26pm
Pretty badass. Hawaii sounds and looks great but I’m sure it has it down sides.. cool pictures

The Shop

Ebs
4/4/2018 9:28am
Nice pics, get any of the moto tracks?
rongi#401
4/5/2018 10:48am
Weed from Oregon lol. And I didn't have to pay for the broken window btw
rongi#401
4/5/2018 10:51am
Ebs wrote:
Drove up there on my last day. Was pouring down rain. Almost got the rental car stuck. Got some video. We did get to go watch a local surf competition at pipeline tho. U think supermini class is nuts??? Kids are insane. 15 foot heavy waves. Gnarly rip currents. No big dealBlink
rongi#401
4/5/2018 10:52am
apparently they have weed in Hawaii. Smile
First strain was called Jager and it reminded me of my teenage years giggling (Hindu Kush origins)
APLMAN99
4/5/2018 5:24pm
We did our first trip to Hawaii the first week of March this year. Also stayed on Oahu, Waikiki. Overall enjoyed it, even if it was a little bit rainier than I would have liked. Definitely want to go back again sometime. We have timeshares on the other islands too, but there’s lots of stuff that we didn’t get a chance to see on Oahu.
4/5/2018 5:46pm
Ebs wrote:
rongi#401 wrote:
Drove up there on my last day. Was pouring down rain. Almost got the rental car stuck. Got some video. We did get to go watch...
Drove up there on my last day. Was pouring down rain. Almost got the rental car stuck. Got some video. We did get to go watch a local surf competition at pipeline tho. U think supermini class is nuts??? Kids are insane. 15 foot heavy waves. Gnarly rip currents. No big dealBlink
in san diego I see kids in surf I have a hard time making it out in. Hawaii has got to be nuts for sure! any pics of the surf?
rongi#401
4/6/2018 1:15pm
Ebs wrote:
rongi#401 wrote:
Drove up there on my last day. Was pouring down rain. Almost got the rental car stuck. Got some video. We did get to go watch...
in san diego I see kids in surf I have a hard time making it out in. Hawaii has got to be nuts for sure! any...
in san diego I see kids in surf I have a hard time making it out in. Hawaii has got to be nuts for sure! any pics of the surf?
Video I will upload this evening. Barrels. Nuts
Foghorn
4/6/2018 2:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2018 2:14pm
apparently they have weed in Hawaii. Smile
Last and only time I was in Honolulu was in the mid 80s. Bought $20 worth of seaweed from one of the myriad of "vendors" on skateboards and on foot on the strip. Did finally score a bit of Maui Wowie later. Three weeks there over Christmas and New Year's. My girlfriend at the time wanted a picture of me in a palm tree so being the ape I am, I scampered up a tree on the beach after a few too many Mai Tais. On my way down, the tree was scratching up my forearms so I elected to leap the last ten feet or so. Fucking sand was like concrete. By the next morning, I couldn't walk my feet were so bruised. It was our last day there so my GF went and bought me some crutches and I managed to hobble my way from cab into the airport. She's just a wisp, so I had a gigantic suitcase in each arm as we hobbled to the gate. Nothing broken but my feet were black and blue for a couple of weeks.

Enjoyed watching the surf competitions in Makaha, Illegally driving a rental suzuki around Kaena Point when there was still a semblance of a road, New Year's eve at Bobby Magees and some rockin good times at the Rock Cellar.
rongi#401
4/6/2018 8:20pm
Ebs wrote:
rongi#401 wrote:
in san diego I see kids in surf I have a hard time making it out in. Hawaii has got to be nuts for sure! any...
here u go

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/8/2018 2:30pm
Awesome. Hawaii is next on our list. We just booked our trip to Thundervalley but definately planning a trip to Hawaii soon after. Is there lots of low key surf spots or is everywhere a zoo? I dont mind myself, Slater used to drop in on me every week for years at 1st Peak Sebastian. Totally snake you on the shoulder look right in your eyes and drop in on you. What are you going to do? Feel privledged. Lol It was like fight club a lot of days back then. Good times. Are there private beach houses to rent that have some waves because my wife and daughter want to surf too?
rongi#401
4/8/2018 4:57pm
FLmxer wrote:
Awesome. Hawaii is next on our list. We just booked our trip to Thundervalley but definately planning a trip to Hawaii soon after. Is there lots...
Awesome. Hawaii is next on our list. We just booked our trip to Thundervalley but definately planning a trip to Hawaii soon after. Is there lots of low key surf spots or is everywhere a zoo? I dont mind myself, Slater used to drop in on me every week for years at 1st Peak Sebastian. Totally snake you on the shoulder look right in your eyes and drop in on you. What are you going to do? Feel privledged. Lol It was like fight club a lot of days back then. Good times. Are there private beach houses to rent that have some waves because my wife and daughter want to surf too?
The main spot in Waikiki is where all the tourists surf. And everywhere elts, if your not that dark brown/red skinned of a local, the lifeguards will run to you will a microphone yelling "there's a 100 better ideas to do today" "stay out of the water". The rip currents are very dangerous apparently.
A few months back my buddy from works friend drowned in front of his wife and kid on Oahu. Before he knew it he was pulled out a half mile to Sea and died. If your like a super sick surfer and talk to the life guards and show them video of you surfing I'm sure they'll let it slide. And then you get to deal with getting snaked by Mr rocket power every wave lol
BMSOBx2
4/8/2018 5:16pm
Cool you got to see the pipeline. North Shore's where it's at.

Post a reply to: Hawaii trip (Oahu)

The Latest