Have 1 of these political threads ever made a difference?

7/8/2010 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 6:19pm
I look down and I see these political arguments going 8 and 13 pages!

Is there one single change/benefit we can trace back to these threads?

|
Frogman
7/8/2010 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 1:36pm
Keeps me from shopping on ebay/amazon when I have some down time....saves $$$
Scotty
7/8/2010 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 1:52pm

These threads have been going on for years and it always involves the same people.. I actually enjoy hearing other peoples opinions, no matter how wack they areLaughing
7/8/2010 2:00pm
Scotty wrote:
These threads have been going on for years and it always involves the same people.. I actually enjoy hearing other peoples opinions, no matter how wack...
These threads have been going on for years and it always involves the same people.. I actually enjoy hearing other peoples opinions, no matter how wack they areLaughing
I like to hear the opinion of others. RACER92 does not think Kaley Cuoco is hott! I am ok with that he is entitled to his opinion (besides I know he is old and his cataracts probably cloud his vision).

I just don't get why some are so riled up and angry! I was taught when I first entered the business world to look for a tangible return. If you can't track a return it is probably not worth the effort.
Racer92
7/8/2010 2:17pm
FUDF ! Wink

The Shop

PD441
7/8/2010 2:25pm
Nope. It's kinda like banging your head against a wall.
ocscottie
7/8/2010 2:27pm
I cant stand the political BS, its fine when people can argue their opinions, but so often they turn into personal attacks, and sometimes they bleed over into the moto section.
7/8/2010 2:59pm
Yes, Obama has just announced that he is in over his head and will be stepping down.
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
7/8/2010 3:01pm
The Feds are behind it, they use Vital to keep Oldfart busy because he's a threat to national security.
J.F.S
7/8/2010 3:38pm
In all seriousness, if you think about all the different boards around America, maybe they collectively made a difference, some might have learned what they think or not think about certain issues, some might have registered to vote due to a political discussion on a board? I dont know, but it is not impossible that there are benefits and change from these discussions. Some of these discussions have at least made some of us dig deeper and learn more about some of the issues.
dougie
7/8/2010 3:39pm
I dont know that any minds have ever been changed but I always find it informative and educational to see how someone can have an idea or belief diametrically opposed to mine, and I come to realize that events in their own lives have led them to the conclusions they have come up with. Well that or chain emails and talk radio. Smile
Rooster
7/8/2010 3:49pm
I learn stuff in them all the time.

Either researching my own argument or from listening to someone else.

Do they make a difference? Does your vote make a difference? Does having a knowledgeable and engaged population when it come to politics matter?

I'd say it does. It's just very tough to quantify.
7/8/2010 4:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
I cant stand the political BS, its fine when people can argue their opinions, but so often they turn into personal attacks, and sometimes they bleed...
I cant stand the political BS, its fine when people can argue their opinions, but so often they turn into personal attacks, and sometimes they bleed over into the moto section.
I am with you man there will never be a clear cut winner! These guys that think they OWN someone.....They are wrong they only own in their perspective.

This is why i like racing rather than freestyle! First guy to cross the finish wins! Freestyle is opinion!
Mr. G
7/8/2010 5:10pm

I would say that it vacillates between educational and enturbulating. That is to say there are some fairly educated people here in the wise of the political arena, and then sometimes it is just a pissing match. But over all it is probably worth it.
The people that comprise this board (non moto) are a small percentage that give a hoot, and is commendable in this "care less" age.
bullpen58
7/8/2010 9:29pm
I think they're dumb too and there seem to be way more lately than usual. I vote GuyB makes a new and different section from Non-Moto called "Political Trash" or something. I'm tired of having to sort through all those worthless ass threads just to find a funny video clip or whatever from time to time.
plowboy
7/8/2010 9:56pm
dougie...nail on the head buddy. What's that old fable or chinese proverb about the blind men all touching different parts of an elephant and disagreeing about what kind of animal it could be? Life experience and education form our perception and opinions. It makes me wonder what kind of life people have had to look at the same thing I am and see something totally different.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/8/2010 10:13pm
ocscottie wrote:
I cant stand the political BS, its fine when people can argue their opinions, but so often they turn into personal attacks, and sometimes they bleed...
Yep. When how people react to each other gets affected over there, or people start bringing over, "He believes...", it's pretty lame.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/8/2010 10:16pm
dougie wrote:
I dont know that any minds have ever been changed but I always find it informative and educational to see how someone can have an idea...
I dont know that any minds have ever been changed but I always find it informative and educational to see how someone can have an idea or belief diametrically opposed to mine, and I come to realize that events in their own lives have led them to the conclusions they have come up with. Well that or chain emails and talk radio. Smile
Ha! Having spent a bunch of time driving back and forth this summer, and catching quite a few different talk radio shows, there are absolutely kooks on both sides of the aisle.
flarider
7/9/2010 5:26am
Scotty wrote:
These threads have been going on for years and it always involves the same people.. I actually enjoy hearing other peoples opinions, no matter how wack...
I like to hear the opinion of others. RACER92 does not think Kaley Cuoco is hott! I am ok with that he is entitled to his...
I like to hear the opinion of others. RACER92 does not think Kaley Cuoco is hott! I am ok with that he is entitled to his opinion (besides I know he is old and his cataracts probably cloud his vision).

I just don't get why some are so riled up and angry! I was taught when I first entered the business world to look for a tangible return. If you can't track a return it is probably not worth the effort.
I'm not angry and most of the time I'm laughing.

There should be some balance between the lies and chain emails.
So, when people lie or present bullshit chain emails, it counter with the truth and facts.

I do not expect to change anyone's mind or change the world, but I do want people to know the truth, whether it supports a conservative or liberal candidate or viewpoint.
jmar
7/9/2010 5:51am
ocscottie wrote:
Bleed over into the moto section?

The moto section isn't what it use to be.
7/9/2010 6:21am
GuyB wrote:
Ha! Having spent a bunch of time driving back and forth this summer, and catching quite a few different talk radio shows, there are absolutely kooks...
Ha! Having spent a bunch of time driving back and forth this summer, and catching quite a few different talk radio shows, there are absolutely kooks on both sides of the aisle.
This is the point most overlook! They always point to the extremes! Both sides have total whack jobs. I believe the Conservative Republicans screwed up when they continued to follow Rush!

Post a reply to: Have 1 of these political threads ever made a difference?

The Latest