Harley

scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
6/26/2018 11:36am
so whos lining up to buy a new Harley now?
|
BMSOBx2
6/26/2018 2:32pm
Are they going to be cheaper in New Zealand now?
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
6/26/2018 2:51pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
the ones made in India already are cheaper than the american made ones, (the street 500 and 750) but i dont think they sell that well to be honest,

we don't have tarriffs on motorcycles, infact we have fuck all tariffs, but i don't know if the import tariffs being put on products coming in to the USA will effect the export cost in the long term, but most logic says higher costs will lead to higher selling prices,

although i think Harley had been on the downside for a while, Indian have made alot of headway, and the new FTR1200 looks cool, and the taking of manufacturing offshore started long before the current adminstation, it did not end well for them in the 70's with Aerimacchi produced bikes, cant see it doing much better,

Harley lead the way for a long time in marketing motorcycles, alot of what KTM does with the accessories is a copy of it, but they seemed to have lost their way,

reded
6/26/2018 3:35pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
the ones made in India already are cheaper than the american made ones, (the street 500 and 750) but i dont think they sell that well...
the ones made in India already are cheaper than the american made ones, (the street 500 and 750) but i dont think they sell that well to be honest,

we don't have tarriffs on motorcycles, infact we have fuck all tariffs, but i don't know if the import tariffs being put on products coming in to the USA will effect the export cost in the long term, but most logic says higher costs will lead to higher selling prices,

although i think Harley had been on the downside for a while, Indian have made alot of headway, and the new FTR1200 looks cool, and the taking of manufacturing offshore started long before the current adminstation, it did not end well for them in the 70's with Aerimacchi produced bikes, cant see it doing much better,

Harley lead the way for a long time in marketing motorcycles, alot of what KTM does with the accessories is a copy of it, but they seemed to have lost their way,

It happened long ago but the line of sheep was long enough to carry them this far.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
6/26/2018 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2018 5:21pm
Moving part of their manufacturing to Europe was communicated to their suppliers months ago...long before any “tarrifs” were announced..It’s a shame they are lying about the reason to save face...

Most folks are smart enough to figure this out on their own...Others rely on fake news..

Post a reply to: Harley

The Latest