Hard to believe but not surprised.

Edited Date/Time 10/20/2021 11:04pm
|
Chance1216
10/17/2021 3:40pm
That would’ve been a reason to choke the guy out, and beat him bloody until the police showed up. Hopefully, they’d join in on the beating.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
10/18/2021 8:58am
That's terrible, I'm not a very big person but I would like to believe I would've done what ever I could to help her. To not even call 911, wtf???
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
10/18/2021 9:20am
Those are the moments I'd be glad to go to jail for beating the fuck out of a piece of trash.

The Shop

HD1200
10/18/2021 10:11am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2021 10:11am
Why couldn't the guy eat lead, would that not be a viable option?
whyZ
10/18/2021 10:27am
The thread title sums it up pretty well. Getting involved these days rarely gets you a pat on the back, or acknowledgement of your good deed. What it'll more likely will make you is a target of whatever loony SJW group that has decided that this criminals rights has been abused.

10/18/2021 10:36am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2021 10:39am
whyZ wrote:
The thread title sums it up pretty well. Getting involved these days rarely gets you a pat on the back, or acknowledgement of your good deed...
The thread title sums it up pretty well. Getting involved these days rarely gets you a pat on the back, or acknowledgement of your good deed. What it'll more likely will make you is a target of whatever loony SJW group that has decided that this criminals rights has been abused.

Id much rather deal with the woke crowd after the fact than watch a woman being raped and do nothing about it.... i couldn't live with myself if i did that, but could sleep just fine pissing off some SWJ group jeez. why would anyone need a "pat on the back or acknowledgment" what if it was your daughter, mother, sister, etc.... if you're that big of a pussy to step in at least call 911...
whyZ
10/18/2021 12:01pm
whyZ wrote:
The thread title sums it up pretty well. Getting involved these days rarely gets you a pat on the back, or acknowledgement of your good deed...

Id much rather deal with the woke crowd after the fact than watch a woman being raped and do nothing about it.... i couldn't live with...
Id much rather deal with the woke crowd after the fact than watch a woman being raped and do nothing about it.... i couldn't live with myself if i did that, but could sleep just fine pissing off some SWJ group jeez. why would anyone need a "pat on the back or acknowledgment" what if it was your daughter, mother, sister, etc.... if you're that big of a pussy to step in at least call 911...
Yeah, sure.... Mike Tyson had a great saying for the "I would've" crowd. Probably a better idea to direct your words of rebuke to your neighbors. Didn't happen where I live.
swordfish
10/18/2021 12:13pm
whyZ wrote:

Id much rather deal with the woke crowd after the fact than watch a woman being raped and do nothing about it.... i couldn't live with...
whyZ wrote:
Yeah, sure.... Mike Tyson had a great saying for the "I would've" crowd. Probably a better idea to direct your words of rebuke to your neighbors...
Yeah, sure.... Mike Tyson had a great saying for the "I would've" crowd. Probably a better idea to direct your words of rebuke to your neighbors. Didn't happen where I live.
Some of us aren’t strangers to getting punched in the face. All kinds of folks out there made of different material. Many are sheep but there are still plenty of wolves out there.
nytsmaC
10/18/2021 12:22pm
Sadly, this is society today. Can’t imagine something like this happening 30 years ago. We all stand alone, clearly.
10/18/2021 12:37pm
swordfish wrote:
Some of us aren’t strangers to getting punched in the face. All kinds of folks out there made of different material. Many are sheep but there...
Some of us aren’t strangers to getting punched in the face. All kinds of folks out there made of different material. Many are sheep but there are still plenty of wolves out there.

swordfish
10/18/2021 12:40pm
swordfish wrote:
Some of us aren’t strangers to getting punched in the face. All kinds of folks out there made of different material. Many are sheep but there...
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/18/514938/s1200_tenor.jpg[/img]

No I’m just not a spineless pussy. Crazy how there are people out there with solid values not afraid to leave their house.
ATKpilot99
10/18/2021 12:55pm
Someone should have done something. And everyone likes to think they would have. But the fact is until you are actually faced with a similar situation you don't know how you would react . The I would've done this or that words mean nothing.
APLMAN99
10/18/2021 2:56pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Someone should have done something. And everyone likes to think they would have. But the fact is until you are actually faced with a similar situation...
Someone should have done something. And everyone likes to think they would have. But the fact is until you are actually faced with a similar situation you don't know how you would react . The I would've done this or that words mean nothing.
Pretty much this. Hard to say without knowing the details, but to be honest I don't actually WANT to know the details, if you know what I mean.

That late on a train it may have been that some people thought that there was something consensual going on, or that the guy had a weapon, or any number of things. Many of them may have simply been asleep.

Doesn't say what sort of act was performed, either. May have been difficult for some to tell but seem obvious to anyone watching the video after the fact.

Or there just could have been a lot of people on the train who didn't give a shit.
TXDirt
10/18/2021 4:10pm
Seems to be a lot of potential details missing from the story. Without knowing all the details hard to make a conclusion on what I would or wouldn’t do.

I have told my wife numerous times I would refrain from entering any type of domestic dispute.

Obviously I’m calling the police. But I’m not about to get myself killed by getting in the middle of domestic disputes. Seen in the news so many times that the Good Samaritan gets killed.

I have got fours kids to raise and wouldn’t risk myself unless I had no other choice.

Certain situations call for immediate action but those would be few and far between in my book. Once my kids are raised and I’m old then I might consider taking more risk.

Hope that makes sense.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
10/18/2021 7:27pm
I'm not trying to justify anyone turning a blind eye, and I am not trying to tell anyone to intervene.

But let's break this down a little. First of all, you need to ask yourself, have you ever been in a hand to hand fight to the death with a crazy person. I'm sure some on here have, but I'd guess most have not. There's all kinds of potential bad outcomes.

Second, in today's day and age, the chance that it somehow all goes sideways is real. The other passengers somehow mistake you for the aggressor or decide based on certain demographics, etc that they wish to assist the rapist in fighting you, now you have a big problem. People are crazy and you have no idea the outcome.

Third, let's say it all goes perfectly, you stop the situation, the cops show up and call you a hero. Best case scenario, right? You are now dug into literally years of hassles of going to meetings with the cops to give statements, meetings with the prosecutor and defense lawyers to be interviewed, getting subpoenaed to be a witness in who knows how many trials and appeals, etc. And at the end of it all, the perp may get a plea deal for probation or a very short sentence and now he's back out on the street and knows your name and your face.

Again, not saying what you should do, just some reality to think about and you can see why many just don't want to be involved.
10/19/2021 6:44am
Just want to say WOW! at some of these responses I'm seeing. I never said you need fight the guy but you could at least call 911 if your not confident you can handle the guy....
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
10/19/2021 6:54am
My bestie just said, "Pro tip. Don't do that around Dave."
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
10/19/2021 7:16am
Just want to say WOW! at some of these responses I'm seeing. I never said you need fight the guy but you could at least call...
Just want to say WOW! at some of these responses I'm seeing. I never said you need fight the guy but you could at least call 911 if your not confident you can handle the guy....
Even if all you do is call 911, you will likely become embroiled in years of legal system hassles. Do you have tons of free time and vacation from work to be making trips down to the Philly Police and DA's offices for interviews and meetings? Do you want to be subpoenaed as a witness to sit on the stand and point out the perp and submit to cross examination? Would you be OK with the loss of peace of mind knowing the perp knows your name and face and may show up at your house looking to harm you and your family?

Again, not telling anyone how to respond, but these are the things people likely don't consider when they say "I would definitely do something". It would be great if we lived in a simple world and things went like they should. But we live in a crazy upside down world and trying to do the right thing can leave you wishing you had just not gotten involved.
10/19/2021 7:23am
Bro... a school in virginia(loudoun county) COVERD UP a rape that took place in a bathroom involving a trans person and a biological girl... and then when the father came to the school board meeting to bring it up, they arrested him and used him as part of the face of "terrorist parents". Then, in the meantime, the kid raped another girl.

there seems to be a lot of hard to believe things going on right now.
freeh
10/19/2021 9:58am
Just want to say WOW! at some of these responses I'm seeing. I never said you need fight the guy but you could at least call...
FGR01 wrote:
Even if all you do is call 911, you will likely become embroiled in years of legal system hassles. Do you have tons of free time...
Even if all you do is call 911, you will likely become embroiled in years of legal system hassles. Do you have tons of free time and vacation from work to be making trips down to the Philly Police and DA's offices for interviews and meetings? Do you want to be subpoenaed as a witness to sit on the stand and point out the perp and submit to cross examination? Would you be OK with the loss of peace of mind knowing the perp knows your name and face and may show up at your house looking to harm you and your family?

Again, not telling anyone how to respond, but these are the things people likely don't consider when they say "I would definitely do something". It would be great if we lived in a simple world and things went like they should. But we live in a crazy upside down world and trying to do the right thing can leave you wishing you had just not gotten involved.
This is bullshit. You aren't going to be held to any legal issues if fucking dial 9 11 to help someone in trouble. Stop making shit up and defending people being pussies for not helping.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
10/19/2021 10:42am
freeh wrote:
This is bullshit. You aren't going to be held to any legal issues if fucking dial 9 11 to help someone in trouble. Stop making shit...
This is bullshit. You aren't going to be held to any legal issues if fucking dial 9 11 to help someone in trouble. Stop making shit up and defending people being pussies for not helping.
OK. Make your decisions based on your experience and knowledge. If you don't think a witness to a crime can be subpoenaed and forced to testify, well...

And if you think I am defending pussies, I suggest you go back and read the very first sentence I posted in this thread.
10/19/2021 11:03am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2021 11:05am
freeh wrote:
This is bullshit. You aren't going to be held to any legal issues if fucking dial 9 11 to help someone in trouble. Stop making shit...
FGR01 wrote:
OK. Make your decisions based on your experience and knowledge. If you don't think a witness to a crime can be subpoenaed and forced to testify...
OK. Make your decisions based on your experience and knowledge. If you don't think a witness to a crime can be subpoenaed and forced to testify, well...

And if you think I am defending pussies, I suggest you go back and read the very first sentence I posted in this thread.
buddy, we get it you might or might not sit there bc you would rather not be "bothered" and watch someone's mom, sister, daughter get raped for (40 minutes news said) but that doesn't mean some of us wouldn't put a stop to that shit either no matter what the future repercussions would cause in our life.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
10/19/2021 11:24am
buddy, we get it you might or might not sit there bc you would rather not be "bothered" and watch someone's mom, sister, daughter get raped...
buddy, we get it you might or might not sit there bc you would rather not be "bothered" and watch someone's mom, sister, daughter get raped for (40 minutes news said) but that doesn't mean some of us wouldn't put a stop to that shit either no matter what the future repercussions would cause in our life.
Actually, no you don't get it. The truth is, my nature is totally to respond. I have actually been in situations similar to this and I did respond. And I speak from experience, not BS, when I tell you that there is a price to be paid for responding.

I was just pointing out some information that might help people understand why some people would think twice before responding.

I wasn't trying to make this personal about me, but the truth is, in spite of everything I have said, I very likely would respond again, knowing the negative repercussions I have experienced from doing so before. I hope if any of you actually find yourselves in such a situation you are able to help a person in need and do not experience the negative effects I have. I hope you understand my intent here was honest and not to go tit for tat and argue for the sake of arguing.
10/19/2021 11:49am
buddy, we get it you might or might not sit there bc you would rather not be "bothered" and watch someone's mom, sister, daughter get raped...
FGR01 wrote:
Actually, no you don't get it. The truth is, my nature is totally to respond. I have actually been in situations similar to this and I...
Actually, no you don't get it. The truth is, my nature is totally to respond. I have actually been in situations similar to this and I did respond. And I speak from experience, not BS, when I tell you that there is a price to be paid for responding.

I was just pointing out some information that might help people understand why some people would think twice before responding.

I wasn't trying to make this personal about me, but the truth is, in spite of everything I have said, I very likely would respond again, knowing the negative repercussions I have experienced from doing so before. I hope if any of you actually find yourselves in such a situation you are able to help a person in need and do not experience the negative effects I have. I hope you understand my intent here was honest and not to go tit for tat and argue for the sake of arguing.
Sorry to hear about your personal experience after helping someone in need FGR and thanks for the feed back, as a society we need to look at the root cause why fellow Americans would not want to be bothered helping a woman being raped? i just took CPR refresher training and i see there are type of laws that protect a good Samaritan who tried to save a life but not protect you in this situation of trying to help?
swordfish
10/19/2021 11:52am
FGR01 wrote:
Actually, no you don't get it. The truth is, my nature is totally to respond. I have actually been in situations similar to this and I...

Well that truly sucks for you. I’ve intervened in many a situation along with a lot of my friends or colleagues since I was a teen and I can say the only legal repercussions on my end was providing a statement to law enforcement. I also live in a medium sized city without a lot of gun crime or random violence so that could obviously come into play. When I lived in South Florida, DC or Cali I’m sure I might be more hesitant than somewhere like rural Maine.
freeh
10/19/2021 12:03pm
FGR01 wrote:
OK. Make your decisions based on your experience and knowledge. If you don't think a witness to a crime can be subpoenaed and forced to testify...

To be fair, I was specifically referring to your comment about not dialing 911 because you are too concerned about having to deal with the eventual legal side of things. Getting involved physically is certainly an entirely different commitment. Kudos to you for doing just that previously. It is a shame that it is even a topic of discussion. I still contend that dialing 911 to report something would not likely have any long term repercussions, and should be worth it to help a fellow human being in trouble.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/19/2021 12:03pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Sadly, this is society today. Can’t imagine something like this happening 30 years ago. We all stand alone, clearly.
You know that there has been about a 40% drop in violent crime rates in the US in the last 30 years right? Well at least there was before 2020.

About 15 years ago in the span of about 10 seconds I got wrapped up (non-violently) in the middle of a domestic dispute. After it happened I reflected on how what I did could have gone real bad for me and for her. I didn't think about that when she came screaming to me for help, I just did what I thought was right at the time, I hope most of you would too.

Post a reply to: Hard to believe but not surprised.

The Latest