Had my garage broken into

Teejay
Fantasy
890th
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 6:37am
Had my garage and container broke into last night, luckily bikes are stored at a different location. Loads of tools and equipment gone welders, plasma cutter, loads of power tools and hand tools so they knew what they were looking for. Any ideas what they used to get in? Must be some kind of hydraulic device or something with serious power, my house is 30 feet away and us not the dog heard anything. Trying to prevent it from happening again.
|
TXDirt
1/17/2019 2:48pm
Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Sad
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
1/17/2019 2:50pm
Cheers man, was a bit of a shock when I found it this morning. Been flipping between upset and anger the whole day whilst trying to sort out the mess they made.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
1/17/2019 3:05pm
Teejay wrote:
Had my garage and container broke into last night, luckily bikes are stored at a different location. Loads of tools and equipment gone welders, plasma cutter...
Had my garage and container broke into last night, luckily bikes are stored at a different location. Loads of tools and equipment gone welders, plasma cutter, loads of power tools and hand tools so they knew what they were looking for. Any ideas what they used to get in? Must be some kind of hydraulic device or something with serious power, my house is 30 feet away and us not the dog heard anything. Trying to prevent it from happening again.
Looks like they used rescue tools...jaws of life and spreader. You can buy those now that are battery operated. (my fire department was looking into buying the battery operated set)
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
1/17/2019 3:21pm
I never even knew they existed. Thanks for the heads up, all these cordless tools seem to be making theiving scums lives easier. Looks like I’ve got a bit of work to do to keep them out.

The Shop

JAFO92
1/17/2019 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 3:52pm
Geez man that sucks bad. I hate crooks

Harescrambled is right, that is hydraulics getting that done.
Crush
1/17/2019 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 4:30pm
Mate that sucks, it's the worst feeling hey, just knowing they were there whilst you were asleep makes you sick. I guess be thankful it was things that can be replaced!

Hope you had some of the big items insured?
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
1/17/2019 11:47pm
Trying to sort stuff out with insurance now, I’m going to have to replace most things myself then hope I can get reimbursed for them. It’s my livelihood and have jobs in there I need to get done just don’t have the tools to do it! Makes me sick, I won’t be ground down by the scum though, just be more prepared. Thanks for the kind words, I know most hard working people have been in this position before.
1/18/2019 4:10am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 4:11am
Fu@king hell that is unbelievable! I don't think you could've reasonably been expected to do much more, you wouldn't/couldn't expect someone to get through that 30 ft from your house apparently so efficiently. Total pieces of crap, no doubt with a whole string of previous convictions... Good luck man, hang in there.
Barrett57
1/18/2019 6:51am
Seems like this stuff is pretty common now. Country is over flowing with thieving sub-human pieces of shit who know they won't ever be caught and even if they are some poncy judge will let them off. I've had all my tools stolen and lost count of the amount of people I know who have been done over as well.
newmann
1/18/2019 7:46am
Barrett57 wrote:
Seems like this stuff is pretty common now. Country is over flowing with thieving sub-human pieces of shit who know they won't ever be caught and...
Seems like this stuff is pretty common now. Country is over flowing with thieving sub-human pieces of shit who know they won't ever be caught and even if they are some poncy judge will let them off. I've had all my tools stolen and lost count of the amount of people I know who have been done over as well.
Good thing we have all these social justice warriors here welcoming the same subhuman pieces of shit through our open borders. At least I still have my big stabby things, 30 round mags and "assault" rifles with the flip up shoulder thingy...for now.

Just the other day, 6 of 7 thugs were arrested after robbing a cell phone store here in town. They fled the scene and called in a bomb threat at a local school to aid in their getaway. All but one were caught and it appears as if the same pack of wild dogs are responsible for at least 50 armed robberies in Houston, 80 miles away. There is a reason that 15-30 rounds makes sense, thieves aren't going it alone anymore.

Stay safe out there, it seems to be turning into a warzone. Local news here is starting to be a constant with robberies.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
1/18/2019 7:52am
Ugh, sorry to see this. I got a camera in my garage that texts me if there is motion. Sometimes I think how fast I'll speed home from work if it goes off.
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
1/18/2019 8:36am
Little update, I traced their steps and they had escaped through our fence and on to the farm behind us which eventually links to a road. Found these dumped in a hedge, don’t know if they forgot them or got disturbed as they were loading up. It’s a drop in the ocean compared to what they took but something at least. Haven’t told my kids as don’t want them to worry just puts you on edge for a while as I’m sure a lot of you understand.
1/18/2019 9:26am
I feel for you man.

Back in the day I had my KDX200 stolen from my garage. I replaced it and that was stolen too from a different garage along with my mate's KTM250. Needless to say my current garage setup is like a fortress.

It wasn't so much the financial aspect that really got to me but the emotional one of someone taking something I cherished.

Hope you get over it.
1/18/2019 9:44am
I remember at my previous address in Peterborough the thieves literally donned hi-vis jackets and knocked down a garage wall in broad daylight to get to the owners bikes, and it worked. No one questioned it. Since there's usually so little consequences for getting caught these days scum like this can be incredibly brazen in what they'll try.
huck
1/18/2019 10:34am
Barrett57 wrote:
Seems like this stuff is pretty common now. Country is over flowing with thieving sub-human pieces of shit who know they won't ever be caught and...
newmann wrote:
Good thing we have all these social justice warriors here welcoming the same subhuman pieces of shit through our open borders. At least I still have...
Good thing we have all these social justice warriors here welcoming the same subhuman pieces of shit through our open borders. At least I still have my big stabby things, 30 round mags and "assault" rifles with the flip up shoulder thingy...for now.

Just the other day, 6 of 7 thugs were arrested after robbing a cell phone store here in town. They fled the scene and called in a bomb threat at a local school to aid in their getaway. All but one were caught and it appears as if the same pack of wild dogs are responsible for at least 50 armed robberies in Houston, 80 miles away. There is a reason that 15-30 rounds makes sense, thieves aren't going it alone anymore.

Stay safe out there, it seems to be turning into a warzone. Local news here is starting to be a constant with robberies.
I just had a box of theft deterrents come in yesterday. Still only $10 each. Get them while you can.
newmann
1/18/2019 11:30am
Teejay wrote:
Little update, I traced their steps and they had escaped through our fence and on to the farm behind us which eventually links to a road...
Little update, I traced their steps and they had escaped through our fence and on to the farm behind us which eventually links to a road. Found these dumped in a hedge, don’t know if they forgot them or got disturbed as they were loading up. It’s a drop in the ocean compared to what they took but something at least. Haven’t told my kids as don’t want them to worry just puts you on edge for a while as I’m sure a lot of you understand.
What brand is the spot welder?
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
1/18/2019 11:43am
It’s a Clarke one, had it for years but is nice and portable (as the theiving bastards found out). I make panels for classic cars so everything was light fabrication and mechanic tools that went missing.
Rooster
1/18/2019 1:26pm
huck wrote:
I just had a box of theft deterrents come in yesterday. Still only $10 each. Get them while you can. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/18/318959/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
I just had a box of theft deterrents come in yesterday. Still only $10 each. Get them while you can.
We know how you shoot Huck.

You're going to need more than those if you plan on hitting anything.

Somewhere a coyote was chuckling when he saw the UPS man deliver those.
1/18/2019 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 1:30pm
Well, just so you know. About 3-8 months from now when you’re restocked the fuckers will come back to take a second look.
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
1/18/2019 1:41pm
Well, just so you know. About 3-8 months from now when you’re restocked the fuckers will come back to take a second look.
That’s the worst part once they’ve had a look around and seen what’s there. Just got to make sure there are a few surprises in place for when they decide to come back.
Nighttrain
1/18/2019 3:45pm
Sorry what you’re going thru, Teejay. Years ago I lived in the city where my house was burglarized twice in broad daylight while I was at work. Besides the lost stuff it’s a sh*tty feeling looking around knowing thieves tossed your place while looking for loot.

Would motion cameras, an alarm or a bear trap help stop another burglary?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EeQCa05gp1Q
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
1/19/2019 5:19am
Some AR 500 plate should solve that. If you have a steel mill that does heat treat plate, they will probably have some secondary pieces they will probably sell for scrap prices, at least that what we do at our mill. You would need to plasma cut it or water jet.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
1/19/2019 5:32am

These cut 3/4 in rebar. 90 bucks.
plowboy
1/19/2019 9:16am
Really sad to hear that you got hit. I lived in England for 7 years, back in the day, and don't think I ever locked the house or the car. I ran London like a werewolf all night long and never had a bit of grief from anyone. My in-laws live in Sunderland and complain about how rough it's gotten.

As far as preventing this in the future....as long as the scum have port-a-power tools....all you're gonna do with external locks is slow them down. Motion detectors, lights and loud car type alarms might help. You seem like a handy fella so scour youtube for ideas. Good luck and try not to let this change who YOU are.
1/19/2019 9:26am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2019 9:33am
yeah, I installed a light you can probably see from space. And I also put a sticker on the window they kept breaking in that read: "you will be shot, I know you're here." Obviously, you cant shoot anyone in GBR, unless you got a shotgun? Maybe put the sticker and say...."hey, I got a shotgun from the old farm." Play a little psychological warfare.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Good-Earth-Lighting-240-Degree-3-Head-Dual-Det…

Put something like this up around a few places, so that it lights up the property. I don't care how fast they are, they won't want to work in bright light.

3000-5000 lumens at the least.

Also get motion sensors chest high, camo them, or make them inconspicuous so that a buzzer alerts you. These can be had for like $10-30 USD. Take look see, call the police see if they'll show up with their batans ready to club them to death. (Pinch )

https://www.amazon.com/1byone-Wireless-Security-Battery-operated-Weathe…

once you make it known it's gonna be a real hassle to get your shit, they'll move on forever.
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
1/19/2019 10:31am
Thanks for all the suggestions ?? I have now fitted 8 cctv cameras covering all entrances to our property and garage, with motion sensors and thermal detection. They also alert my phone if anything is seen. Put an extra 4 locks on the garage door with 1/2” plate lock boxes, not going to stop them but hopefully make it a tougher job. Looking into blank shotgun mines on a trip wire attached to my door and an alarm. Will probably forget about it myself for a bit and shit myself when I unlock in the morning haha!

See how we go now.. ready for some good racing and a few beers now and see if we can go 3 for 3 on different winners.

Cheers Moto brothers we’ll hopefully beat the scum one day!
Barrett57
1/19/2019 11:42am
plowboy wrote:
Really sad to hear that you got hit. I lived in England for 7 years, back in the day, and don't think I ever locked the...
Really sad to hear that you got hit. I lived in England for 7 years, back in the day, and don't think I ever locked the house or the car. I ran London like a werewolf all night long and never had a bit of grief from anyone. My in-laws live in Sunderland and complain about how rough it's gotten.

As far as preventing this in the future....as long as the scum have port-a-power tools....all you're gonna do with external locks is slow them down. Motion detectors, lights and loud car type alarms might help. You seem like a handy fella so scour youtube for ideas. Good luck and try not to let this change who YOU are.
It has got worse without a doubt, 9 years and counting of cuts to the police has landed us in this situation.

Post a reply to: Had my garage broken into

The Latest