Habits - some learned, some not

Ted722
Edited Date/Time 3/9/2021 3:25pm
We all have them. Some learned, some not. Amusing at times!

Couple off the top:

- water on toothpaste before brushing*
*edit: I do rinse the brush before applying toothpaste, then water on toothpaste.

- fries first. learned this in college from my girlfriend. she wouldn't touch the burger until finished with her fries. I tried and liked it. 30 years later, still do it (my ex's still in my head!) Wink

- drinking water. I don't pour it out. could have half a glass left and instead of sending it down the drain, I walk over to the dog water bowl to pour out.
|
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
3/4/2021 4:32pm
I eat the food off my plate, veggies, meat, starch in that order. Finish each before moving to the next. I’ve done this ever since I was a kid at my grandmas Sunday dinners. I always treated her mashed potatoes like the reward. Always ate 2 helping minimum of mashed potatoes.

Goddammmm I miss her mashed potatoes

crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
3/4/2021 4:33pm
Water over toothbrush to loosen bristles, then water over toothpaste too.
TeamGreen
3/4/2021 4:55pm
I alwyas rinse the toothbrush off before applying tooth paste (makes sense)
I always flip my goggles upside-down on the starting line to make sure no dirt is in them (You'd be surprised).
I always pull the slide back to make sure it's chambered (as trained).
I always take seat 7F (No one in-front of me).
Ted722
3/4/2021 5:01pm
I'm in the Yes and Monster category, Wife is in the "No".

We have all bases covered and compliment each other well. Smile

The Shop

Ted722
3/4/2021 5:42pm
crowe660 wrote:
I eat the food off my plate, veggies, meat, starch in that order. Finish each before moving to the next. I’ve done this ever since I...
I eat the food off my plate, veggies, meat, starch in that order. Finish each before moving to the next. I’ve done this ever since I was a kid at my grandmas Sunday dinners. I always treated her mashed potatoes like the reward. Always ate 2 helping minimum of mashed potatoes.

I love mashed potatoes!

Funny story, it's early in our marriage, my Wife asks her sister to help out with Thanksgiving. "please bring mash for about 10 people." Her sister shows up with a box of instant spuds. Smile

The look on my Wife's face was priceless.

Nighttrain
3/4/2021 6:23pm
* Whether on two wheels or four and either pavement or dirt, always look way ahead at the path you want to take. Never stare at the potential disaster you want to avoid.
* Eat first the eggs then the grits then use a biscuit to mop up the plate.
Nairb#70
3/4/2021 6:35pm
Shit tickets definitely go with the sheets facing to the back, so much easier to tear off, other wise you always end up with an out of control spinnning roll and about 10 extra sheetsAngryAngry
Kenny Lingus
3/4/2021 7:36pm
I always shake the milk jug before I use it. Grew up on raw milk that you needed to shake before using.
G-man
3/4/2021 9:47pm
Ted722 wrote:
I love mashed potatoes! Funny story, it's early in our marriage, my Wife asks her sister to help out with Thanksgiving. "please bring mash for about...
I love mashed potatoes!

Funny story, it's early in our marriage, my Wife asks her sister to help out with Thanksgiving. "please bring mash for about 10 people." Her sister shows up with a box of instant spuds. Smile

Laughing

For some reason I like to have a small half cup of milk with my meal.

I also do not use salt but pretty much put pepper on everything.

My old roommate Don RIP use to eat his portions of a meal one at a time.

I will eat my salad first then eat everything else at random.

A real bad habit I have is being a Night Owl and not going to sleep early enough and regret it the next day. Unsure

Rawly
3/4/2021 11:16pm
I fold the tp , the wife pulls it off like she’s starting a lawn mower. It’s a loosing battle , good thing they sell that stuff in bulk. We have 3 daughters , guess who potty trained them 🤣.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
3/5/2021 12:59am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2021 1:17am
Ted722 wrote:
I'm in the Yes and Monster category, Wife is in the "No". We have all bases covered and compliment each other well. :) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/04/481440/s1200_147_550x550_Front_Color_NA.jpg[/img]
I'm in the Yes and Monster category, Wife is in the "No".

We have all bases covered and compliment each other well. Smile

TP ? Monster all day. In my bathroom the TP never gets near the holder, a roll sits on the counter.
Fries first, even the bonus fries in the bottom of the bag. The burger is desert.
Water on the toothbrush first.
Taco Bell- 2 tacos and a bean and cheese burrito, lots of extra mild sauce. Other stuff on the menu looks good and smells good. But I’ve been ordering the same thing for 40 years. I’ll look at the other stuff, think about the other stuff, but when the speaker comes on it’s the same shit, always.
Walking into the ocean, when the first rush of water comes I stand on my left foot and hold my right foot so the water hits the arch of my foot, like I was barefoot water skiing, i hold it like that as long as I can, I think the longer I can do it the better the session will be. It’s completely fucking stupid but I can’t “not” do it.
I’m not really religious but when I’m on the line I always say “Ok lord keep us all safe” I say a prayer for the whole gate, not just me. I’m not religious per se, well maybe I am since I do that.
$ in my wallet. The presidents al face to my left, right side up with no folds, in order from left to right, 1’s, 5’s, 10’s, 20’s, 50’s. 100’s go behind the drivers license. If Sue borrows my wallet the bills are stuffed in there upside down, sideways, wadded and folded up, like she just stuffs them in there hap hazardly, drives me nuts.
The # 13. I used to think nothing of it, it was always in the back of my mind but I told myself it’s just a stupid number it doesn’t mean shit. Then I crashed on December 13 and spent 13 nights in the hospital. Since then I’ve had nothing but complications it seems and I’m rethinking the number 13
There’s more but you guys probably think I’m trippy enough already 😂

crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
3/5/2021 2:51am
crowe660 wrote:
I eat the food off my plate, veggies, meat, starch in that order. Finish each before moving to the next. I’ve done this ever since I...

Ted722 wrote:
I love mashed potatoes! Funny story, it's early in our marriage, my Wife asks her sister to help out with Thanksgiving. "please bring mash for about...
I love mashed potatoes!

Hahaha Honestly, I’ve eaten many a instant potato’s as a kid. You can make them good, but it takes lots of butter and lawreys seasoning salt.

That’s classic though lol.
KMC440
3/5/2021 5:02am
If I'm in a grocery store I'll crop dust the empty isle I'm in and wait at the end till someone walks down it.
SEEMEFIRST
3/5/2021 8:38am
KMC440 wrote:
If I'm in a grocery store I'll crop dust the empty isle I'm in and wait at the end till someone walks down it.
That's more of a sport than a habit, right?
OG725
3/5/2021 9:38am
I eat one thing at a time, meat, vegetables, potatoes. Hate for my food to touch.
KMC440
3/5/2021 9:53am
I've heard about you weirdo's Jim ! 😂

Yes SeeMe it definitely is a sport. I particularly like the canned goods Isle, less ambient smells. 👍😉
Nairb#70
3/5/2021 3:21pm
KMC440 wrote:
Thats being brave, when I cropdust I run for cover and evacuate imediately. Peoples reactions must be hilarious. Sounds like a good idea for a TV show or youtube channel.GrinningGrinningGrinningSick
murph783
3/5/2021 4:09pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
Shit tickets definitely go with the sheets facing to the back, so much easier to tear off, other wise you always end up with an out...
Shit tickets definitely go with the sheets facing to the back, so much easier to tear off, other wise you always end up with an out of control spinnning roll and about 10 extra sheetsAngryAngry
You just hold on to the roll while you tear with your other hand you animals! I will literally switch the roll around at people’s places Laughing
SEEMEFIRST
3/5/2021 4:36pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
Shit tickets definitely go with the sheets facing to the back, so much easier to tear off, other wise you always end up with an out...
murph783 wrote:
You just hold on to the roll while you tear with your other hand you animals! I will literally switch the roll around at people’s places...
You just hold on to the roll while you tear with your other hand you animals! I will literally switch the roll around at people’s places Laughing
No kidding.
I hate trying to grab it from the back, it just makes no sense to me.
Nairb#70
3/5/2021 6:58pm
When I eat potatoe chips of pretzels or any crunchy type things I always eat the broken and smaller ones first while saving the whole and larger ones till the end. One day this dude I work with noticed this peculiarity and inquired about it. I told him I save the biggest ones for the end because they taste better. Yup, more chip equals more flavor. It was then he said I was totally nucking futs and I needed serious help.
Chance1216
3/5/2021 10:03pm
I never go to a restaurant and sit with my back turned. I always ask for a corner booth next to a window so, I can watch everything. I have to be aware of my surroundings.
I’ll wait until a corner booth is open if I have to.
tunedlength
3/5/2021 10:56pm
When I replace a drain plug I keep my finger on it until I tighten it.
If I find I am unable to tighten it for some reason I remove it.

If I am working something that has a safety component to it.
I wont start the assembly process unless I can finish it without interruption.

use the back of my fingers to see if something is hot (fingers generally clinch on reflex).

Cant stand walking around at gun shows.
Too many damn customers waving "unloaded" guns around.

I have a million other OCD traits but those are some of the more "normal" ones.

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/6/2021 4:00am
I always build a small raft before I take a dump.
face biter
3/6/2021 5:05am
I always shake the milk jug before I use it. Grew up on raw milk that you needed to shake before using.
Same here, and the only time I have ever experienced any trouble with that was shortly after my girlfriend ( now wife ) and I got a place together.
I now have had a second milk related ritual where I check that the cap is screwed on securely before shaking the milk and it has worked well for years.
Ted722
3/6/2021 9:05am
KMC440 wrote:
I've heard some recent guidelines about wearing a 2nd mask. Crop dusting related too? Laughing

sleeve1
Fantasy
1921st
3/6/2021 9:32am
I always tie my right shoe first.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
3/6/2021 9:44am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2021 9:46am
-Dip the toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide before adding toothpaste, makes for cleaner teeth. Always tap the toothbrush on the edge of the sink after brushing/rinsing to get the excess water off.
-Growing up I always ate one food at a time, but I started experimenting with mixing them to try varying flavor combos, and now I don't really care which order I eat them in. Generally though I eat the least appealing item first and save the most appetizing for last.
-I always sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door, and must face the entryways while at a restaurant. It can be a bit frustrating when there are multiple egress locations. My wife does a great job of looking for where I am going to sit, since I adhere to the ladies first rule.
-Eggs get pulled from the carton at the top, furthest from where I will pick the carton up. Keeps the weight closer to my hand and makes it less likely the carton will break and have the eggs fall on the floor- learned that the hard way.
-Cash goes in the pocket, not in the wallet, and the bills go from smallest on the outside to largest on the inside of the fold.
Kenny Lingus
3/6/2021 10:10am
face biter wrote:
Same here, and the only time I have ever experienced any trouble with that was shortly after my girlfriend ( now wife ) and I got...
Same here, and the only time I have ever experienced any trouble with that was shortly after my girlfriend ( now wife ) and I got a place together.
I now have had a second milk related ritual where I check that the cap is screwed on securely before shaking the milk and it has worked well for years.
Haven't drank milk since first day of kindergarten. My mom said I came home complaining that the milk wasn't actually milk and tasted nasty. Wouldn't drink it from the farm anymore after that either. I can still remember how bad it tasted to me. 🤮
KMC440
3/6/2021 10:57am
One rule about meat... had to have a hoof or beak.

Post a reply to: Habits - some learned, some not

The Latest