HIV cured---no, really!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2019 9:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2019 9:20 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/health/london-patient-is-second-reported-patient-to-be-cured-of-h-i-v-report


Pretty awesome break through. There were a few trials that didn't work, but this appears to one that did work! I'm also confused on why it's impractical to cure the already millions affected.....isn't that medicines job? To erradicate disease? How is it impractical?

". . .this is a rational approach in limited circumstances" (Kuritzkes). .........uhh, what?

|

GP740
Since 1987

3/5/2019 9:35 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/london-patient-is-second-reported-patient-to-be-cured-of-h-i-v-report


Pretty awesome break through. There were a few trials that didn't work, but this appears to one that did work! I'm also confused on why it's impractical to cure the already millions affected.....isn't that medicines job? To erradicate disease? How is it impractical?

". . .this is a rational approach in limited circumstances" (Kuritzkes). .........uhh, what?

My guess is that the vast majority of patients with HIV wouldn't match with the donors who would have this mutation inherited from both parents..….

It sounds like it's mostly Northern Europeans have this gene. Not sure that a cell replacement in someone without that lineage would work, or if it'd be an almost automatic rejection by the host body.

|

3/5/2019 12:50 PM

If they find the mutation they should be able to get it’s A-T, C-G code and replicate it.

|

GP740
Since 1987

3/5/2019 12:59 PM

So basically not a cure yet.

|

3/5/2019 2:58 PM

There’s been some theories about that seem to suggest that HIV is only something you can contract if your immune system is already compromised.

Thus why it’s so prevalent in the drug/party community.

I think looking for a cure for things like HIV or cancers are a waste of time/resources. It’s not convenient but it would be far more efficient if the effort went towards prevention. Not that anyone wants to hear that. I just doubt I’ll ever be able to rationalize how heartbroken people get over these health crisis’ yet are so cavalier leading up to it. Our collective approach is totally backwards.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/5/2019 4:46 PM

Who invented AIDS?

|

3/5/2019 7:35 PM

Quit eating sugar for starters. Cancer feeds on it.

Secondly, America loves it’s alcohol. But good luck getting most to stop drinking it, despite the fact that it’s label blatantly says “causes cancer” on it.

The truth is, nobody actually cares about prevention. They want to be able to live irresponsibly and then get saved by a doctor. All while having universal healthcare pay for it.

Get on social media and take a look at how most every 20-something spends their weekends. It’s a lotta booze. And it’s been that way for decades. What, did we all think there wouldn’t be repurcussions to those choices? How many of us were predisposed to being susceptible to cancer simply due to the amount of partying our mothers did while the eggs were being developed during their teenage years? What do you think the % of babies born were conceived by sober parents at the time of conception? Should we believe none of those scenarios play a roll in cancer rates?

Pesticides on the food we eat? All the food coloring we’ve ever eaten? That toxic new car smell? Or the fact that damn near EVERY mattress ever sold is highly toxic? New carpet? Chlorinated water we bathe in & drink? The cell phone Im typing this from!

Im sorry your family member is sick. Im not passing judgement on her life choices because quite frankly, I dont know what they were, so dont take it personally.

All Im saying is that finding a cure for cell mutation (cancer) is a waste of time. The effort needs to be put towards prevention. It’s uncomfortable, but sure beats chemotherapy.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/6/2019 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2019 11:31 AM

My uncle has testicular cancer. He has drank alcohol One time his whole life. Seriously. And he’s in great shape, has worked out regularly most of his life. He’s honestly in better shape than probably 85 percent of the population. He doesn’t smoke, doesn’t chew and eats healthy.

So what could he have done to prevent testicular cancer?

And no, my grandparents don’t drink either. My grandfather has probably drank wine a handful of times in my 31 years here. I don’t ever recall seeing grandma drink.

My grandparents had 15 children. We’ve recently found that my grandmother has a genetic mutation called lynch syndrome. My whole family has been tested for it. Lynch syndrome essentially raises your chances of getting certain cancers at a young age and it’s passed on genetically. Of my 15 aunts and uncles over half of them have had some form of cancer prior to turning 50 years old. Two of which died before turning 50.

But yeah, blame it on something other than what it actually is. It’s all them sugars and alcohol my family consumes on a daily basis wassat

Seriously though. I found out a few weeks ago the genetic mutation was passed on to me. It’s been hell the last few weeks going to see a litany of doctors, genetic counselors and oncologists. I’ve had every uncomfortable part of my body touches and it’s obly going to get worse with the colonoscopy coming up. I’ll have to do this every year for the rest of my life.

As for me? I very rarely drink. Maybe 5 times a year at special events. I eat very healthy. I hit the gym 5 days per week religiously. I guarantee you I’m in much better shape than you. Yet, if I do have cancer already or I get it someday it’s only my fault

|

3/6/2019 12:14 PM

"I think looking for a cure for things like HIV or cancers are a waste of time/resources. It’s not convenient but it would be far more efficient if the effort went towards prevention. Not that anyone wants to hear that."



Photo

|

3/6/2019 1:12 PM

Cancer is blanket term for the hundreds of different ways cells can mutate and reproduce. One cell was abnormal and it wasn't recognized and instead of being killed, it reproduced. It doesn't matter how many non GMO, gluten free organic kale leaves you eat. It could happen at any time to anyone. It's a head trip seeing young people coming in with cancer to the ER.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

3/6/2019 1:22 PM

Jrewing wrote:

Who invented AIDS?

I think monkeys got credit for inventing aids.

|

3/7/2019 11:20 AM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Cancer is blanket term for the hundreds of different ways cells can mutate and reproduce. One cell was abnormal and it wasn't recognized and instead of being killed, it reproduced. It doesn't matter how many non GMO, gluten free organic kale leaves you eat. It could happen at any time to anyone. It's a head trip seeing young people coming in with cancer to the ER.

Should it surprise you at all tho? Look at the way mothers drink leading up to pregnancy and then the way they eat during it.

Im actually surprised at the amount of abuse the human body can take.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/7/2019 11:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2019 11:44 AM

"healthy" eating is a relative term. What some consider healthy, other armchair nutritionists such as myself might not consider healthy at all.

Either cancer is our own doing or it's bad luck. And if it's bad luck, then that only further makes it a waste of time to try and cure. Blame god. I dont see many religious people asking the church to cure them. All of a sudden science is their best friend.

The fact that America has double the cancer rates as other parts of the world would imply that it's our own doing would it not?

Yes, genes are passed on. But so are lifestyle habits. At least in the case of lifestyle, we have some sort of control. Whereas our genes are what they are, for better & worse.

Negative genetic predispositions suck. I feel for you. But despite knowing your predisposition, you still drink alcohol, even if only 5 times per year. That was my original point, despite what we know, we still go down that road. I dont know where your grandfather's testicular cancer came from, maybe it's the highly toxic bed mattress he spent his whole life sleeping on. But at the end of the day, it's our own doing. The list of highly toxic shit we encounter is too long to ignore, yet we do ignore it.

Imagine if instead of all the billions spent on cancer cure research we simply spent the money educating people on the toxic materials in our homes and seeking alternatives? I think that would be a far more efficient route to go. And far less uncomfortable than colonoscopies.

Same goes for HIV research. If indeed HIV contraction is a result of a already very compromised immune system, shouldnt we be educating & encouraging behaviour that doesnt weaken the immune system? Or should billions be wasted so people can have their cake & eat it too?

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/7/2019 11:54 AM

Got any research to back up this hiv-immune system claim?

|

3/7/2019 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2019 12:38 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Cancer is blanket term for the hundreds of different ways cells can mutate and reproduce. One cell was abnormal and it wasn't recognized and instead of being killed, it reproduced. It doesn't matter how many non GMO, gluten free organic kale leaves you eat. It could happen at any time to anyone. It's a head trip seeing young people coming in with cancer to the ER.

Jabroni wrote:

Should it surprise you at all tho? Look at the way mothers drink leading up to pregnancy and then the way they eat during it.

Im actually surprised at the amount of abuse the human body can take.

You also assume every pregnant women drinks, sure that may be true for those pembos you see at the club 3 times a week who get knocked up. Not every person is like that though.. I know a few women who were/are pregnant and didn’t drink.. well these women are my sisters haha. I know my mom never drank, or did any drugs. I’m aware of the gmo/food coloring/water bs.
I drink alkaline water (your bleach/water comment), now not necessarily because I believe the water here is shit, but because it helps with acid reflux and honestly after drinking this for a week I don’t want bottle water or tap unless it’s all I got.
I eat mainly protein and natural sugars/fats, chicken thighs, some candy but only when the munchies get me. No fast food, unless I’m in a time crunch, no bagged food (Tyson tenders for example), no hot pockets... I lift at 4-5 times a week, mtn bike often, pretty athletic young guy.
Anyway, my grandpa and dad both passed away from cancer. Pretty sure SOME cancers are genetic and some aren’t, so I’m not sold on your belief it’s caused by what we feed/introduce to the body. Now if we’re talking HIV, well shit man you gotta be smart..

I do agree fake sugar is awful for you (candies, or anything not from fruit)
I don’t know if eating clean is gonna save me from cancer but that’s a nice bonus

|

3/7/2019 12:54 PM

Thankfully this "Sorry you were born with a higher propensity for a disease, bad luck for you now fuck off and die" attitude isn't completely mainstream. My guess is that anyone with that ideology would sing a different tune if they ever heard a doctor tell them that their child was Type 1 diabetic.......

|

3/7/2019 12:54 PM

Joe Rogan referenced it a few times on his podcast. Made a lot of sense. But at the and of the day it’s still a theory.

I did a google search to see if I could find a linkbut most research is focused on genetic mutations. This article is a good read. It implies there are cases of immune responses that fight off HIV. But it seems to be more genetic based, rather than behavioral. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1539443/

Controlling all the variables is problematic. Most of us have what should be considered weak immune systems. So what’s the baseline?

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/7/2019 1:01 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Thankfully this "Sorry you were born with a higher propensity for a disease, bad luck for you now fuck off and die" attitude isn't completely mainstream. My guess is that anyone with that ideology would sing a different tune if they ever heard a doctor tell them that their child was Type 1 diabetic.......

That attitude is mainstream if we're being honest. We simply pick & choose when it's convenient to use.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/7/2019 1:19 PM

MotoMo165 wrote:

You also assume every pregnant women drinks, sure that may be true for those pembos you see at the club 3 times a week who get knocked up. Not every person is like that though.. I know a few women who were/are pregnant and didn’t drink.. well these women are my sisters haha. I know my mom never drank, or did any drugs. I’m aware of the gmo/food coloring/water bs.
I drink alkaline water (your bleach/water comment), now not necessarily because I believe the water here is shit, but because it helps with acid reflux and honestly after drinking this for a week I don’t want bottle water or tap unless it’s all I got.
I eat mainly protein and natural sugars/fats, chicken thighs, some candy but only when the munchies get me. No fast food, unless I’m in a time crunch, no bagged food (Tyson tenders for example), no hot pockets... I lift at 4-5 times a week, mtn bike often, pretty athletic young guy.
Anyway, my grandpa and dad both passed away from cancer. Pretty sure SOME cancers are genetic and some aren’t, so I’m not sold on your belief it’s caused by what we feed/introduce to the body. Now if we’re talking HIV, well shit man you gotta be smart..

I do agree fake sugar is awful for you (candies, or anything not from fruit)
I don’t know if eating clean is gonna save me from cancer but that’s a nice bonus

Most women I know didnt drink during pregnancy. They drank up too it, and couldnt wait to have a drink immediately after the baby was delivered. Even the moms who consider themselves "healthy" spend time finding info on how to breastfeed and still drink alcohol. Of course, this is all anecdotal. We all live in bubbles. That's why social media is beneficial, if willing, you can explore outside your bubble and get a pulse on society. The read I get is that the majority of people today like the idea of living healthy yet very few people actually let it get in the way of their "needs".

I can go on and on about all the crazy shit young moms do these days. From the constant ultra sounds to the huge numbers of women that choose to get cut open because (a) they're tired of being pregnant and (b) they dont want their vaginas stretched. And of course, breastfeeding, despite the health benefits, is way too much of a inconvenience. Those are just a few examples of the crazy behavior that has become normal in our society. But what's crazier is to think there wont be consequences from the mindset that would rather get drugged up & cut open than have a baby the natural way.

The fact is, we all make concessions for what's convenient. Men included. And those concessions have consequences right?

Take into account that at one time doctors thought radiation was good for you! https://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2004-08/healthy-glow-drink-radiation How many in society bought into those early myths? Maybe your grandfather did or didnt. But he did sleep on a normal mattress right?

Until we eliminate the obvious toxic shit in our lifestyles, (again let me mention the mattress that 99% of you reading this sleep on every night is highly toxic), it makes no sense to look for a cure.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/7/2019 5:03 PM

Jabroni wrote:

Should it surprise you at all tho? Look at the way mothers drink leading up to pregnancy and then the way they eat during it.

Im actually surprised at the amount of abuse the human body can take.

There are a million different things going on in your body at any moment. I heard once that half of all conceptions end up miscarrying because life is so fragile. I get that we need to get healthier and the powers that be would never tell us that processed chemically enhanced food products are bad for us, because money controls everything. But to just blame everything on alcohol and toxins is silly.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

3/7/2019 6:08 PM

So the cure to cancer is don't drink, don't sleep on a mattress.
Holy shit , what a load of crap. My mom died of Melanoma( she did not drink), my brother ( has never drank ) has had two Melanoma removed and I ( have maybe 5 drinks a year ) have been seeing a dermatologist for the last 30 yrs for skin cancer.
Keep slinging the bullshit Jabroni, please backup your statements with some proof or just shut up.

|

3/7/2019 6:41 PM

DC98 wrote:

So the cure to cancer is don't drink, don't sleep on a mattress.
Holy shit , what a load of crap. My mom died of Melanoma( she did not drink), my brother ( has never drank ) has had two Melanoma removed and I ( have maybe 5 drinks a year ) have been seeing a dermatologist for the last 30 yrs for skin cancer.
Keep slinging the bullshit Jabroni, please backup your statements with some proof or just shut up.

Yeah, same. If I get cancer it’s my fault for drinking approx. 5 times per year and sleeping on a mattress. It has nothing to do with the genetic mutation passed on to me.

And, because I drink about 5 times per year, sleep on a mattress, eat healthy (although that’s subjective apparently) excersice regularaly and maintain very good fitness if I do happen to get cancer I shouldn’t be helped because according to Jabroni medical professionals shouldn’t be looking to cure cancer. I basically deserve to die because I sleep on a mattress and drink a little laughing

Man, his name is perfect. He really is a Jabroni. I am so happy the vast majority of people don’t think like him. I’m glad 99.9% of people in the world would love to find a cure for every type of cancer.

|

3/9/2019 11:33 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Yeah, same. If I get cancer it’s my fault for drinking approx. 5 times per year and sleeping on a mattress. It has nothing to do with the genetic mutation passed on to me.

And, because I drink about 5 times per year, sleep on a mattress, eat healthy (although that’s subjective apparently) excersice regularaly and maintain very good fitness if I do happen to get cancer I shouldn’t be helped because according to Jabroni medical professionals shouldn’t be looking to cure cancer. I basically deserve to die because I sleep on a mattress and drink a little laughing

Man, his name is perfect. He really is a Jabroni. I am so happy the vast majority of people don’t think like him. I’m glad 99.9% of people in the world would love to find a cure for every type of cancer.

You’re glad that 99.9% of the world would rather seek a impossible cure than simply education on prevention?

You are aware that cancer rates have only kept rising with your mentality. It’s not working.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/9/2019 11:41 AM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

There are a million different things going on in your body at any moment. I heard once that half of all conceptions end up miscarrying because life is so fragile. I get that we need to get healthier and the powers that be would never tell us that processed chemically enhanced food products are bad for us, because money controls everything. But to just blame everything on alcohol and toxins is silly.

So if blaming the causes & looking at prevention as the cure, is “silly”, the alternative is to throw caution to the wind and let doctors try to clean up the mess?

That system is not working out so well. Im honestly confused why the heavy resistance to personal responsibility on this topic.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/9/2019 12:05 PM

Jabroni, you are full of shit where is the science behind your statements!!!!

|

3/9/2019 12:20 PM

DC98 wrote:

Jabroni, you are full of shit where is the science behind your statements!!!!

Science behind which statements?

That alcohol causes cancer? It literally says it on the bottle.

That most mattesses are highly toxic? Just google it. It’s not something most people are aware of, it aint up for debate either.

How about all the products we get from China? If you trust any of those toys your kids play with, you’re a fool. How many different times does China need to get busted for sending us stuff with lead in it. Oh but lets act surprised at how many kids have cancer these days.

Exactly which scientific proof would change your behavior or outlook towards cancer? My point is, NOTHING would. A change in lifestyle is far too inconvenient.

There’s no reason to have vitriol towards me. Until this thread, I doubt you knew the matress you sleep on is toxic. Be mad at that. Not me. Im certainly not the enemy here.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/9/2019 3:14 PM

What you alluded to was if we stopped drinking alcohol and not sleep on mattresses that we would most likely not get cancer. I am sure these two things would help with my skin cancer and my brothers cancer thanks for the advice.
Its on the internet it must be true hahaha. Just more silly bullshit.
I am done with you, you are a know it all and will never admit when you are wrong.

|

3/9/2019 3:51 PM

DC98 wrote:

What you alluded to was if we stopped drinking alcohol and not sleep on mattresses that we would most likely not get cancer. I am sure these two things would help with my skin cancer and my brothers cancer thanks for the advice.
Its on the internet it must be true hahaha. Just more silly bullshit.
I am done with you, you are a know it all and will never admit when you are wrong.

Uh, yeah, avoiding toxic stuff is a good way to avoid cancer.

Alcohol & mattresses were just 2 common examples of very toxic things. Certainly not the only things that cause cancer.

Exactly what was I wrong about?

If you could do life over, would you avoid all toxic stuff that’s become common in our culture? The answer is probably no. Which is the only “silly bullshit” in this discussion.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

3/9/2019 8:47 PM

DC98 wrote:

So the cure to cancer is don't drink, don't sleep on a mattress.
Holy shit , what a load of crap. My mom died of Melanoma( she did not drink), my brother ( has never drank ) has had two Melanoma removed and I ( have maybe 5 drinks a year ) have been seeing a dermatologist for the last 30 yrs for skin cancer.
Keep slinging the bullshit Jabroni, please backup your statements with some proof or just shut up.

agn5009 wrote:

Yeah, same. If I get cancer it’s my fault for drinking approx. 5 times per year and sleeping on a mattress. It has nothing to do with the genetic mutation passed on to me.

And, because I drink about 5 times per year, sleep on a mattress, eat healthy (although that’s subjective apparently) excersice regularaly and maintain very good fitness if I do happen to get cancer I shouldn’t be helped because according to Jabroni medical professionals shouldn’t be looking to cure cancer. I basically deserve to die because I sleep on a mattress and drink a little laughing

Man, his name is perfect. He really is a Jabroni. I am so happy the vast majority of people don’t think like him. I’m glad 99.9% of people in the world would love to find a cure for every type of cancer.

Jabroni wrote:

You’re glad that 99.9% of the world would rather seek a impossible cure than simply education on prevention?

You are aware that cancer rates have only kept rising with your mentality. It’s not working.

Everything causes cancer these days. I get it. But to say we shouldn’t try finding a cure for cancers is just flat out stupid. I never said educating people on how to minimize the chances of getting cancer is a bad thing. You’re just a fool to say we shouldn’t find a cure. That’s why I said I’m happy people don’t think like you. I don’t enjoy seeing people die. If there’s a way to save lives I would like to see it happen. Obviously you would rather see people die than be saved. That’s why you’re a fool.

|

3/10/2019 11:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2019 11:34 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Everything causes cancer these days. I get it. But to say we shouldn’t try finding a cure for cancers is just flat out stupid. I never said educating people on how to minimize the chances of getting cancer is a bad thing. You’re just a fool to say we shouldn’t find a cure. That’s why I said I’m happy people don’t think like you. I don’t enjoy seeing people die. If there’s a way to save lives I would like to see it happen. Obviously you would rather see people die than be saved. That’s why you’re a fool.

If that’s what you deduced from what I said, you’re the fool.

More people would be saved from prevention. If saving people is your goal, then we should be in agreement.

Enabling irresponsible & inefficient behavior (aka “seeking a cure”) is not how you save people. It’s how you waste resources. Which is my main concern. I could give a rats ass about saving people. The planet isnt hurting in the population department.

You and I have different agendas, but the way to achieve both is exactly the same.

The cheapest cure is prevention. I mean for fucks sake, as if healthcare isnt already expensive enough now, you think if a cure could be found (it wont) it would ever be cheap?

I swear, people literally prefer to be slaves to debt.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang