HELP - Smart TV and Cutting the Chord

TXDirt
4/12/2018 9:36am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 9:34am
brlatm wrote:
Thanks for the info, I don't watch any of the Premium channels and only use mainly cooking channels and Supercross. The wife does like her pre-recorded...
Thanks for the info, I don't watch any of the Premium channels and only use mainly cooking channels and Supercross. The wife does like her pre-recorded stuff NCIS, Criminal Minds etc. I guess I didn't realize that Vue was cloud based and it could DVR. I'll look into this further and do some research.

hey TXdirt, why the Firebox over say the AppleTv if you already have it installed?
The apple tv can be a big pain in the ass with Kodi. And iOS is a locked system which I'm not fond of.

The FireBox has a great and simple, sleek interface. If you are an Amazon Prime member (I am) then the integration with Amazon Prime and Amazon Music etc is flawless. And obviously you get a ton of other apps you can use. Some are free (crackle) and others use your exisiting subscription (Netflix, Hulu, Vue, etc)

Everything works great on it. And like I said, the interface is slick. I think the Firebox gives you the most flexibility, the most content, and has the best interface of them all.

Just my opinion. With doesn't mean much. I've spent a lot of time on this shit though. Wink

Oh, and you can also watch any adult educational video on the interwebs since it has the Firefox web browser. Even better, if you download the Aloha web browser to your phone, you can download/save any adult educational videos you want and save to phone. Then you can upload those video files to your network attached storage device. So yeah, I have a huge adult educational video collection for me and the wife and Kodi manages all of that too. Woohoo
TXDirt
4/12/2018 9:57am
Foghorn wrote:
My wife bought a Red Rhino box a while back at a home show. I gave her shit as it was expensive. Seems to be OK...
My wife bought a Red Rhino box a while back at a home show. I gave her shit as it was expensive. Seems to be OK but more complicated than some other options. I haven't tried it out yet. https://www.digitaltrends.com/media-streamer-reviews/red-rhino-entertai…
We all make mistakes. I once bought a pair of speakers from a guy in a parking lot and they had no inside components! lol

Red Rhino is a scam. Along with numerous other devices in this category. It's a cheap box made in China and they load Android and Kodi on it. And "up-sell" it to unsuspecting customers. And then after a year or so, assuming the junk is still working, well it will now stop working and you will get popup ads asking you to renew warranty for $150.

You can do some googling to get info on them along with other scammy companies/devices. But yeah Red Rhino is notorious for selling at Home Shows etc. They have been banned from selling online in Canada and so you will mostly see them selling the devices in person from booths at Homeshows, fairs, etc.

Red Rhino BBB Reviews
Foghorn
4/12/2018 10:04am
TXDirt wrote:
We all make mistakes. I once bought a pair of speakers from a guy in a parking lot and they had no inside components! lol Red...
We all make mistakes. I once bought a pair of speakers from a guy in a parking lot and they had no inside components! lol

Red Rhino is a scam. Along with numerous other devices in this category. It's a cheap box made in China and they load Android and Kodi on it. And "up-sell" it to unsuspecting customers. And then after a year or so, assuming the junk is still working, well it will now stop working and you will get popup ads asking you to renew warranty for $150.

You can do some googling to get info on them along with other scammy companies/devices. But yeah Red Rhino is notorious for selling at Home Shows etc. They have been banned from selling online in Canada and so you will mostly see them selling the devices in person from booths at Homeshows, fairs, etc.

Red Rhino BBB Reviews
Yeah, I researched it some and gave her shit again (it's all good now, ha!). Live and learn. I'll set it up some time just for laughs rather than it just sitting on a shelf for now, where it'll likely go shortly thereafter.
TXDirt
4/12/2018 10:08am
TXDirt wrote:
We all make mistakes. I once bought a pair of speakers from a guy in a parking lot and they had no inside components! lol Red...

Red Rhino BBB Reviews
Foghorn wrote:
Yeah, I researched it some and gave her shit again (it's all good now, ha!). Live and learn. I'll set it up some time just for...
Yeah, I researched it some and gave her shit again (it's all good now, ha!). Live and learn. I'll set it up some time just for laughs rather than it just sitting on a shelf for now, where it'll likely go shortly thereafter.
Atleast it was only $300. They sell that junk device on their website for $499. So in some sense you did get a "deal". I'm sure they said that same thing lol

The Shop

TXDirt
4/12/2018 4:30pm
If anyone ever needs or wants, I will help you load Kodi onto any FireTv box. Don’t pay extra for someone to do it. It’s very simple. Happy to help anyone here out.
brlatm
4/15/2018 2:59pm
Got around to picking the FireTV up today, so far ok. Used a guide off the internet to grab Kodi. I don't really care for the interface so far in the PS Vue and the app for my phone seems way easier as far as I can use the TV guide and set up DVR episodes quickly.

Anyway to see the TVguide part in PS Vue or is it only the thumbnail image style?
MR. X
4/15/2018 3:55pm
My buddy was telling me last night that kodi is old news ,he said the new one is called terrarium or something close to that.
SKlein
4/16/2018 8:15am
Any Sling users experience troubles with frequent drops in quality? It never completely buffers for me, but goes blurry and jumps frames. I've tested two TV's, one hard-wired and one running off WiFi, both have had this issue occur.

Post a reply to: HELP - Smart TV and Cutting the Chord

The Latest