HBO - The Deuce

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/22/2019 10:26am
The series finale airs next Monday.

I found last night's episode was pretty sad. I had a feeling something was eventually going to happen to Lori. I was thinking something like an overdose but wow, I did not see that coming.
Nighttrain
11/3/2019 5:51pm
I watched the final episode just now. That was a fitting ending to a gritty series. I wish they’d have stretched it out for another season without taking such a time leap between the 2nd and 3rd seasons. I enjoyed the show very much.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/3/2019 6:41pm
Nighttrain wrote:
I watched the final episode just now. That was a fitting ending to a gritty series. I wish they’d have stretched it out for another season...
I watched the final episode just now. That was a fitting ending to a gritty series. I wish they’d have stretched it out for another season without taking such a time leap between the 2nd and 3rd seasons. I enjoyed the show very much.
There was a 5 year time leap between each season. It was always planned as a 3 season series. That said, like you, I think they could've benefited from a 4th season.

It was such a great show. I don't often rewatch series but this one I'll probably revisit at some point.

How did you interpret the ending?
Nighttrain
11/3/2019 7:33pm
Nighttrain wrote:
I watched the final episode just now. That was a fitting ending to a gritty series. I wish they’d have stretched it out for another season...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There was a 5 year time leap between each season. It was always planned as a 3 season series. That said, like you, I think they...
There was a 5 year time leap between each season. It was always planned as a 3 season series. That said, like you, I think they could've benefited from a 4th season.

It was such a great show. I don't often rewatch series but this one I'll probably revisit at some point.

When Vince was walking thru Time Square and seeing images of all his friends, acquaintances, and brother? That was very well done. I think we all have may have similar experiences as we grow older and have the chance to return to somewhere we had deep roots, right?

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/3/2019 9:49pm
Nighttrain wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There was a 5 year time leap between each season. It was always planned as a 3 season series. That said, like you, I think they...

Nighttrain wrote:
When Vince was walking thru Time Square and seeing images of all his friends, acquaintances, and brother? That was very well done. I think we all...
When Vince was walking thru Time Square and seeing images of all his friends, acquaintances, and brother? That was very well done. I think we all have may have similar experiences as we grow older and have the chance to return to somewhere we had deep roots, right?
Yeah, that part. I'm not totally sure. I see it two different ways.

1- I see it as Vince just walking down memory lane and reminiscing about his life as a lonely old man.

2- Same thing but when he gets to his brother Frankie and he grabs him by the shoulder, walks downstairs and disappears into the subway terminal, I see that as Vince finally being reunited with his loved ones at the end of his own life (dead).

It was very well made. Loved the ending.

Post a reply to: HBO - The Deuce

The Latest