Guns are bad?

72kiteboarder
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:56pm
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — Two teens were shot when a homeowner fought back during an attempted robbery.

Police say the teens hit 72-year-old Jack Crawford over the head with a baseball bat when he answered a knock at his door just before 9 p.m. Saturday.

Crawford told the Pensacola News Journal he had grabbed his handgun as a precaution before opening the door. He fired twice, hitting two of the three teens. Crawford said they were wearing hoods and scarves.

The attackers fled. Police tracked them down and arrested a 17-year-old who remains hospitalized, an 18-year-old Curtis Crenshaw who was treated and released and 15-year-old.

All three were charged with home-invasion robbery and aggravated battery.

Crawford was treated for head injuries.
|
huck
2/1/2011 6:59am
Too bad they made it.....
Void Main
2/1/2011 7:07am
If he had a bigger clip he might have been able to get all 3.
dcmx326
2/1/2011 7:10am
When are people going to learn. A short barrel shotgun is best for home defense.

The Shop

huck
2/1/2011 7:14am
Void Main wrote:
Think he was shooting an M1 Garand?

Or, do you mean magazine?
dcmx326
2/1/2011 7:20am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2011 7:21am
Void Main wrote:
huck wrote:

Maybe Void is referring to a revolver clip, which would have allowed the guy to reload his handgun quicker.
jmar
2/1/2011 7:24am
Why does this equate to a "Guns are Bad" thread?

Do you really believe that many people have a problem with someone using a gun to protect them selfs in a situation like this? If there are I can assure you that they are in a minority.
jmar
2/1/2011 7:25am
dcmx326 wrote:
When are people going to learn. A short barrel shotgun is best for home defense.
Yes it is.

A simi auto or a pump.
Void Main
2/1/2011 7:45am
Void Main wrote:
huck wrote:

You know I planted that in there just for you. I'm pretty sure most clips hold enough bullets to get three shots off. Unless of course you live in Arkansas and are shooting at coyote. Smile
txmxer
2/1/2011 7:50am
The other night--say around 1 am, I woke up and there was some noise going on. I get up and the back door is wide open. This opens to the fenced in back yard with 4 dogs so I'm thinking I must not have closed it good and the wind blew it open.

But, there is something else funny. I notice that the computer screen saver is on. This means the mouse or keyboard had been touched within the past 15 minutes or so. Now, I'm thinking it's probably the wind for the door and maybe the cat for the computer, but, there is a chance someone is in the house.

I've got a 10 yr old step daughter who was with her Dad that Saturday night--thank goodness. I've got a pistol in the closet, but, I did have a few drinks before bed and didn't really feel good about carrying a loaded gun running around the house. I have 2 mag lites and I grab them figuring that I've got a club and shining the light gives me an advantage as well.

Fortunately, the house is all clear and the cat is sitting in the computer room, so I think I solved the mysteries. After that, all I can say is that I hope I NEVER have to deal with an actual intruder. It would not be good.

OH, and good for the old man. Those punks intended to do him serious harm--you don't knock on a door at 9 pm and force your way in just to steal a few things.
SteveS
2/1/2011 9:01am
Cats that can open the back door. Now that's scary.
Cygnus
2/1/2011 12:30pm
Shotguns are terible for home protection. To easy for a intruder to snatch it away from you coming around a corner.
dcmx326
2/1/2011 12:41pm
Cygnus wrote:
Shotguns are terible for home protection. To easy for a intruder to snatch it away from you coming around a corner.
That is why you wait for the intruder to come around the corner.

It isn't like the movies where you roam a building searching for an intruder. The best thing to do is wait for him/her to come into your line of sight.
Sparkalounger
2/1/2011 12:47pm
With a name like Jack Crawford they should have known better.... that just sounds tough. hahaha
Racer92
2/1/2011 1:14pm
The safest place is in your closet, one that has only ONE door coming in.

Take your 12-guage Auto loaded with 00, go into the closet back wall facing the door and sit down. When the door opens, empty the shotgun in the direction of the door. Any living thing on the other side of that door WILL be dead.
J.F.S
2/1/2011 2:48pm
Racer92 wrote:
JFS in 3, 2, 1 Whistling
Yes, guns are bad, just think if the guys would have had a gun instead of a baseball bat. One instance where a gun did not do what it is supposed to do (kill the person you shoot at), does not make guns great. Think of all the instances where guns have caused death, like they are supposed to, there are probably thousands for ever story like the one above.

There you go Racer, happy? Wink
Void Main
2/1/2011 2:53pm
Racer92 wrote:
JFS in 3, 2, 1 Whistling
J.F.S wrote:
Yes, guns are bad, just think if the guys would have had a gun instead of a baseball bat. One instance where a gun did not...
Yes, guns are bad, just think if the guys would have had a gun instead of a baseball bat. One instance where a gun did not do what it is supposed to do (kill the person you shoot at), does not make guns great. Think of all the instances where guns have caused death, like they are supposed to, there are probably thousands for ever story like the one above.

The gun was definitely bad for the 3 intruders. Wink
jmar
2/1/2011 3:10pm
Racer92 wrote:
JFS in 3, 2, 1 Whistling
J.F.S wrote:
Yes, guns are bad, just think if the guys would have had a gun instead of a baseball bat. One instance where a gun did not...

Void Main wrote:
The gun was definitely bad for the 3 intruders. Wink
Yes it was.

Sometimes things work out like they are suppose to.
2/1/2011 3:27pm
Got a 9milli for Christmas; been praying for a home invasion.
2/1/2011 3:31pm
Racer92 wrote:
JFS in 3, 2, 1 Whistling
J.F.S wrote:

If guns were banned from all houses then we would be screwed. The reason we would be screwed is because all the drug dealers and other criminals will always find ways to buy guns to go rob people when we are left home with no guns to defend ourselves.
kaw rider9
2/1/2011 3:48pm
Racer92 wrote:
JFS in 3, 2, 1 Whistling
J.F.S wrote:

If guns were banned from all houses then we would be screwed. The reason we would be screwed is because all the drug dealers and other...
If guns were banned from all houses then we would be screwed. The reason we would be screwed is because all the drug dealers and other criminals will always find ways to buy guns to go rob people when we are left home with no guns to defend ourselves.
You pro-gun kooks are funny... If guns are banned, no one will have them!! They''d be banned! Duh!
SteveS
2/1/2011 3:52pm
kaw rider9 wrote:
You pro-gun kooks are funny... If guns are banned, no one will have them!! They''d be banned! Duh!
Marijuana is banned. How's that working out?
2/1/2011 3:55pm
kaw rider9 wrote:
SteveS wrote:
Marijuana is banned. How's that working out?
My point exactly. Even if they were banned they would still be able to get ahold of them. Just look at mexico and how the crime has sky rocketted. The reason killing is so high there is because guns are banned and the drug dealers are the only one with guns.
Mr. G
2/1/2011 4:01pm
The good thing about "pump" shotguns is that it "translates" to all languages. No need for the guy in the middle.
Racer92
2/1/2011 6:41pm
Racer92 wrote:
JFS in 3, 2, 1 Whistling
J.F.S wrote:

Kissing

Post a reply to: Guns are bad?

The Latest