Guitar build 2

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2018 4:37 PM

Same body design as the the first one. The neck is quite a bit different. It's a tiltback vs Fender style. It also has rectangular inlays instead of dots. I used mahogany on the neck and painted it black with a rosewood fingerboard. Ebony might have looked better but then again I can darken it too.


Photo

Photo


Photo


Photo

|

3/23/2018 4:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2018 4:12 AM

I've got a set of EMG active single coils I'll let go. Looks great ?

|

3/23/2018 11:52 AM

Are those the new klipsch Forte iii's in the background? I have the Forte two's I love but want the 3's now

|

3/23/2018 11:52 AM

BTW, sweet guitar. Nice work

|

3/23/2018 12:12 PM

Nothing like having a great guitar collection you made yourself.

|

3/23/2018 6:55 PM

B DUB 333 wrote:

Are those the new klipsch Forte iii's in the background? I have the Forte two's I love but want the 3's now

Old Marantz floor speakers from the 80's. They rock this place when I crank em. Certain music needs to be loud.

|

3/23/2018 6:59 PM

B DUB 333 wrote:

Are those the new klipsch Forte iii's in the background? I have the Forte two's I love but want the 3's now

borg wrote:

Old Marantz floor speakers from the 80's. They rock this place when I crank em. Certain music needs to be loud.

Hells yez! I'm crankin sum brittany Spears right now!

|

3/23/2018 9:25 PM


I'll tell you Borg, you are a talented dude.
A craftsman.
You do beautiful work.

This thread got me thinking, went and searched a few "famous guitars", "custom guitars", and was kinda surprised.
There are maybe a dozen that kinda kept coming up.
Claptons "Blackie".
McArtneys bass.
Eddie van Halens pieced together Frankenstein.
The Flying V,
Jimmie Pages twin neck.
Bo Diddlies cigar box.
BB Kings Luciel. Of which there were many.

These are but a few, there are some crazy guitars out there.

Which got me thinking, maybe next time, Borg might go out of the box.
Create something that would be only his, a signature, off the scale, trademark Borg,
|

3/24/2018 9:22 AM

motogrady wrote:
I'll tell you Borg, you are a talented dude.
A craftsman.
You do beautiful work.

This thread got me thinking, went and searched a few "famous guitars", "custom guitars", and was kinda surprised.
There are maybe a dozen that kinda kept coming up.
Claptons "Blackie".
McArtneys bass.
Eddie van Halens pieced together Frankenstein.
The Flying V,
Jimmie Pages twin neck.
Bo Diddlies cigar box.
BB Kings Luciel. Of which there were many.

These are but a few, there are some crazy guitars out there.

Which got me thinking, maybe next time, Borg might go out of the box.
Create something that would be only his, a signature, off the scale, trademark Borg,

Thanks but I am but a mere apprentice. Foghorn is the journeyman luthier here. Check some of his builds. Foghorn

Actually I am more utilitarian than artist. I wanted a certain Les Paul sound and didn't want to shell out 3 or 4 grand. I'm really not very imaginative. I'm always blown away by people with real innovative abilities. I just don't have that gene.

|

3/24/2018 1:29 PM

borg wrote:

Thanks but I am but a mere apprentice. Foghorn is the journeyman luthier here. Check some of his builds. Foghorn

Actually I am more utilitarian than artist. I wanted a certain Les Paul sound and didn't want to shell out 3 or 4 grand. I'm really not very imaginative. I'm always blown away by people with real innovative abilities. I just don't have that gene.

Ha, once I've built 50, I might consider calling myself a luthier. I'm about halfway now. Another great looking build Borg.

|

3/25/2018 11:53 PM

Awesome guitar though.

|

Work In Progress: ATV Modification - Installation of MSA Motohammer Radial ATV tires.

3/29/2018 11:51 AM

Dang dude. You're really pounding out these guitars & they're looking great. I'm a big fan of your work.

|

4/3/2018 1:07 PM

I'm planning on doing a couple builds here soon, the first, a custom design out of some 100+ year old barn wood from my family's farm, I'll update more later. Sweet looking guitar! What pickups did you use?

|

4/3/2018 5:02 PM

davis224 wrote:

I'm planning on doing a couple builds here soon, the first, a custom design out of some 100+ year old barn wood from my family's farm, I'll update more later. Sweet looking guitar! What pickups did you use?

Seymore Duncan hot rodded set. They fit my style more that the DiMarzios I put in the first one.

|

4/3/2018 5:21 PM

Jason Lollar or Lindy Fralin would be a good consideration as well.

|

4/3/2018 6:43 PM

Foghorn wrote:

Jason Lollar or Lindy Fralin would be a good consideration as well.

We're building an SG for my son. He went with Bare Knuckle pickups made in the UK. Buffing out the body now and building up nitro on the neck. Should be assembling late next week.

|

4/4/2018 2:57 AM

Foghorn wrote:

Jason Lollar or Lindy Fralin would be a good consideration as well.

Heard great things about Lollar P-90s

|