Green Day frontman kicked off flight over saggy pants

Void Main
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 6:13am
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8340352…;

Green Day frontman kicked off flight over saggy pants
Friday, September 02, 2011
Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong

(AP Photo)

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong says he was kicked off of a Southwest Airlines flight Thursday night for wearing his pants too low.

The Bay Area rock musician was traveling from Oakland to Burbank when the incident occurred. "Just got kicked off a southwest flight because my pants sagged too low! What the f**k? No joke!" Armstrong tweeted Thursday night.

7Live Associate Producer Cindy Qiu was on the flight and witnessed the incident.

Related Content

Story: Demonstrators deliver 40k signatures to US Airways

Story: Saggy pants flier to sue U.S. Airways

Story: DA won't file charges against saggy pants flier

Story: NAACP joins man arrested on US Airways flight

Story: Does lingerie-clad man prove airline double standard?

Story: Exclusive: Student talks about saggy pants arrest

Story: Man thrown off flight over pants speaks out

Story: Man arrested for not pulling up pants on plane
"Basically, all the passengers were already seated, we were ready to go, they had already told us to start to turn our cellphones off," she said.

Qiu said that Armstrong was approached by a flight attendant and told to pull his pants up. Armstrong initially dismissed the request, asking, "Don't you have better things to do then worry about that?" When the flight attendant repeated the request and threatened to have Armstrong removed from the plane, Armstrong relied "I'm just trying to get to my f**king seat."

Armstrong and the person he was traveling with were then removed from the flight.

Southwest responded to Armstrong's gripe soon after with a tweet of their own. "Very sorry for your experience tonight, someone from our Customer Relations Team will reach out to you to get more details."

This comes on the heels of an incident on June 12 when a University of New Mexico football player was booted from a U.S. Airways flight bound for Albuquerque from San Francisco over his saggy pants. Deshon Marman is now suing the airline over the incident.

ABC7 News contacted Southwest, which declined to comment at this time.
|
72kiteboarder
9/3/2011 6:49pm
Good, at least someone is taking a stand against this stupid ass shit. maybe he will learn to wear cloths that fit when he is not on stage.
SEEMEFIRST
9/3/2011 7:20pm
Good, at least someone is taking a stand against this stupid ass shit. maybe he will learn to wear cloths that fit when he is not...
Good, at least someone is taking a stand against this stupid ass shit. maybe he will learn to wear cloths that fit when he is not on stage.
Copied that! If I want to see man ass, I'd...well I don't know where you'd go to see man ass shown on purpose. I know it ain't in public.
jonjon714
9/3/2011 7:29pm
Pants on the Ground
Pants on the Ground

Lookin' like a fool
With your pants on the Ground

Giddy up

The Shop

jmar
9/3/2011 7:30pm
How can his pants be too saggy when he wears those god awful girl pants.
Skinny Jeans?
wildbill
9/3/2011 11:57pm
You all sound like a bunch of old fucks.
SEEMEFIRST
9/4/2011 12:09am
wildbill wrote:
Perhaps, but don't be surprised if you get an atomic wedgie cause your drawers are hanging out just screaming for one.
kongols
9/4/2011 12:34am
This is hilarious. America with all her freedoms and you get kicked out of plane because of saggy pants. Unfouckinbelieveble!
SEEMEFIRST
9/4/2011 2:54am
kongols wrote:
This is hilarious. America with all her freedoms and you get kicked out of plane because of saggy pants. Unfouckinbelieveble!
We don't want to see your goat smelling ass.
Void Main
9/4/2011 6:17am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2011 6:18am
kongols wrote:
What freedoms? Dude, we haven't been a free country for quite some time. We get locked up for life for filming the police in public. We have to show our dicks or let people feel them before we can fly somewhere and if we do make it onto the plane they'll throw us off if our pants are hanging low.
flarider
9/4/2011 10:04am
kongols wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
We don't want to see your goat smelling ass.
Was his BARE ASS exposed or his underwear?
Why is this important or so important enough to upset people?
There's a lot of stupid clothing and fashion that people wear.
A guy can wear a fuckin' speedo, which is like underwear in public, but this is some travesty?
A chick can wear "booty shorts" (and have no business doing so), but a covered ass and droopy pants is horrific?

Some of you really need to get a grip and stop worrying about other people.
Someone's droopy pants doesn't affect your life in the slightest.
It's just a dumb fashion trend that'll eventually die out.
flarider
9/4/2011 10:47am
Bra and panties any more than a bikini?
Pair of shorts any more than boxers with a zippered fly?

I could walk outside and go to the store in a pair of boxers and chances are few would notice that they were boxers and not shorts.

It's not a big deal if some schmuck wants to wear droopy pants

You all sound like old fuckers when we were kids about long hair and the clothes we wore.

Some of you have become what you as a kid hated
BUTCH
9/4/2011 11:05am
flarider wrote:
Was his BARE ASS exposed or his underwear? Why is this important or so important enough to upset people? There's a lot of stupid clothing and...
Was his BARE ASS exposed or his underwear?
Why is this important or so important enough to upset people?
There's a lot of stupid clothing and fashion that people wear.
A guy can wear a fuckin' speedo, which is like underwear in public, but this is some travesty?
A chick can wear "booty shorts" (and have no business doing so), but a covered ass and droopy pants is horrific?

Some of you really need to get a grip and stop worrying about other people.
Someone's droopy pants doesn't affect your life in the slightest.
It's just a dumb fashion trend that'll eventually die out.
I agree.
SteveS
9/4/2011 11:15am
I don't know....it's been what, 20 years since the droopy drawers hit the scene. They still don't seem to go away.
9/4/2011 11:24am
The strange thing about this story is that he was flying Southwest. He might as well have taken a Greyhound.
wildbill
9/4/2011 11:34am
wildbill wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Perhaps, but don't be surprised if you get an atomic wedgie cause your drawers are hanging out just screaming for one.

haha, get yer name now. Nice 'stache!
kdx man
9/4/2011 1:59pm
You old fuckers are hilarious. What ever happened to "my generation?"

Hypocrites.

Oh, and skinny pants started with Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, Hendrix, Jimmy Page, the list goes on...

Get over it and mind your own. I'm sure that is what you were all thinking when your parents gave you shit for wearing those dumb ass bellbottoms.
72kiteboarder
9/4/2011 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2011 2:10pm
kdx man wrote:
You old fuckers are hilarious. What ever happened to "my generation?" Hypocrites. Oh, and skinny pants started with Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, Hendrix, Jimmy Page, the...

Hypocrites.

Oh, and skinny pants started with Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, Hendrix, Jimmy Page, the list goes on...

Get over it and mind your own. I'm sure that is what you were all thinking when your parents gave you shit for wearing those dumb ass bellbottoms.
1, jack wagon dip shits were wearing their pants around the bottom of their asses in my day and 2, the subject of this thread is the same age me. So, STFU sport.
kdx man
9/4/2011 4:30pm
kdx man wrote:
You old fuckers are hilarious. What ever happened to "my generation?" Hypocrites. Oh, and skinny pants started with Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, Hendrix, Jimmy Page, the...

Hypocrites.

1, jack wagon dip shits were wearing their pants around the bottom of their asses in my day and 2, the subject of this thread is...
1, jack wagon dip shits were wearing their pants around the bottom of their asses in my day and 2, the subject of this thread is the same age me. So, STFU sport.
So you wear your slacks with a tapered straight leg and pull em up to your tits. Congrats. Looks just as silly as a kid with his ass hanging out.

Difference is, I dont give a shit either way what anybody wears, and neither should anybody else.
SEEMEFIRST
9/4/2011 4:47pm
wildbill wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
wildbill wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/550/photos/25916/s780_131081320_1270528560.jpg?1294243240[/img] haha, get yer name now. Nice 'stache!

haha, get yer name now. Nice 'stache!
Where'd you find that?
Not only was the name incentive for people to be first across the finish line, it was also to remind them if they had some beef with the officiating to leave the girls in sign-up alone, and come talk to me...First.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
9/4/2011 8:40pm
I love Southwest, they boot fat people and now saggy pants.... You get what you pay for, a little surprised he was even flying commercial let alone SWA. But I am cheap so I really do love SWA.

I wish I could find a pic of him I saw from a Green Day concert about 10 years ago. It was taken from behind and showed him on stage with about 50,000 people in the background. He was rockin out, with nothing on but his guitar. I guess the people on that plane should be happy they were not at that concert or they would have asked him to leave his own show.
ocscottie
9/4/2011 10:26pm
jonjon714 wrote:
Pants on the Ground
Pants on the Ground

Lookin' like a fool

Giddy up
That was the 1st thing that came to mind when reading the subject title of the thread Laughing

https://youtu.be/BkeAzqhlkNk
zjbell
9/4/2011 10:40pm
It was the reaction that got him booted.
jonjon714
9/5/2011 6:34am
jonjon714 wrote:
Pants on the Ground
Pants on the Ground

Lookin' like a fool

Giddy up
ocscottie wrote:
That was the 1st thing that came to mind when reading the subject title of the thread Laughing

https://youtu.be/BkeAzqhlkNk
Wow, that's a pretty good mix!
borg
9/5/2011 7:59am
I have really never understood the whole "style" thing. I dabbled in it a bit in my teens but I always stopped short of doing something that looked really stupid or was clumsy or uncomfortable. Sort of like wearing your pants below your ass.
I'm sorry Dave but noticing and/or commenting on how others dress is a tradition here and just about everywhere else in the world where people are allowed to look however they want. People do those things specifically because they want people to noticed. It's hard to imagine that wearing your pants under your ass is comfortable or somehow allows for more freedom of movement. I can imagine, however, that those pants are fairly quickly pulled up when it becomes necessary to run.
Void Main
9/5/2011 8:01am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2011 8:02am
I had these giant platform shoes and a leisure suit when I was a kid.
SteveS
9/5/2011 8:08am
I had some platform shoes in high school. Talk about a worthless fashion! Never could get into a leisure suit. I couldn't stand double knit polyester.

I did have one pair of hiphugger bellbottoms in 8th grade, but generally preferred boot cut jeans and a t-shirt, which became my uniform pretty much through junior high and high school.
Void Main
9/5/2011 8:12am
I probably wore that leisure suit to about 2 or 3 events. Otherwise it was just jeans/t-shirt.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
9/5/2011 9:47am
flarider wrote:
Bra and panties any more than a bikini? Pair of shorts any more than boxers with a zippered fly? I could walk outside and go to...
Bra and panties any more than a bikini?
Pair of shorts any more than boxers with a zippered fly?

I could walk outside and go to the store in a pair of boxers and chances are few would notice that they were boxers and not shorts.

It's not a big deal if some schmuck wants to wear droopy pants

You all sound like old fuckers when we were kids about long hair and the clothes we wore.

Some of you have become what you as a kid hated
So are you comparing people with their ass or underwear hanging out to the bell bottoms of the 70's or the tight jeans of the 80's?

The difference is, bell bottoms are not disrespectful or obscene to others. Does our society have no standards or norms anymore?

Post a reply to: Green Day frontman kicked off flight over saggy pants

The Latest