Great idea...

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2018 11:36 AM

This is a great idea to stop our schools from becoming killing fields. I have not heard of any of our politicians or other talking heads on TV touting this idea.. only down side I can see is cost, and that should not even be a consideration.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/elementary-school-installs-bulletproof-shelters-inside-classrooms-53409282

|

3/9/2018 11:39 AM

Once they’re in the school it’s too late.

Also, what happens if they use a bomb or something that causes a fire ? Then what you’ll have X amount of classrooms with burned up kids ?

|

GP740
Since 1987

3/9/2018 11:42 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Once they’re in the school it’s too late.

Also, what happens if they use a bomb or something that causes a fire ? Then what you’ll have X amount of classrooms with burned up kids ?

Agree. The security must be outside the school. If someone makes it inside the school then security and protection has failed.

|

3/9/2018 1:25 PM

Is it foolproof? No. But if it can withstand an EF5 tornado and CAT5 Hurricane, it should be able to protect against fire. I believe perimeter security is a good idea as well, but it will not stop a determined individual. They will find a way in. I'd like to see a combination of things, ones that support the weakness of the other. I don't really care for arming the teachers. They have enough to do.

|

3/9/2018 1:28 PM

Heres an idea stop passing out medication like skittles and be involved in your son's life.

|

3/9/2018 1:42 PM

el moto diablo wrote:

Heres an idea stop passing out medication like skittles and be involved in your son's life.

That's a long-term solution, and we don't like those here in 'Merica.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/9/2018 2:04 PM

el moto diablo wrote:

So, you're saying " be a responsible parent"? Say wha'? You have got to be kidding me. Seriously, I agree, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

|

3/9/2018 9:06 PM

I predict home schooling to increase in popularity.

|