Got another Dog

G-man
Edited Date/Time 5/19/2019 2:19pm
Of the six dogs that I've in my lifetime, Bailey my Weimaraner mix is the first solo dog.

I thought of getting her a companion but for different reasons I have not. One of the huge ones is she's kind of jealous.
For instance if my girlfriend and I hug she barks and will try to jump between us although she's gotten better.

Well we were doing some dog sitting for a friend and they had to give up on Maggie because their three-year-old son recently had a neck injury (the family got hit by a hit and run driver while walking in their neighborhood!) is wearing a neck brace and cannot be knocked down and I guess Maggie used to get excited around him.

She had some people in Tucson who were going to see if the dog would get along with theirs but until then Maggie had to stay with us for a few days.

Well, she has turned out to be a pretty good dog and kind of won over our hearts and her and Bailey have been Rough-housing and playing in the back yard which is great to see.

They claim she is just barely a year old but she seems pretty smart for that age. They rescued her from a shelter. She has not been trained so I have my work cut out for me but she seems pretty smart I think she has some Jack Russell in her, she has the Crooked ear and she's always tilting her head.

One problem I foresee is Bailey gets jealous of her and will growl and nudge her out of the way if she is too close to me.

They never had her off leash as she is a runner but the first day I had her off leash in the Greenbelt and she did pretty good she's stuck pretty close to Bailey so that's good.

|
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
5/19/2019 7:53am
Your a good man G! Congratulationson the new family member. She is very lucky to have you guys.
APLMAN99
5/19/2019 7:54am
Based on your devotion to your dogs, that’s one hell of a lucky dog to have found you!!!

Good looking dogs all the way around!

I love dogs but we haven’t had one in years. I just can’t bring myself to bring one in and then not truly have the time to devote to it. My kids never really cared one way or another so just kept waiting. Maybe when retirement comes around....
BR8ES
5/19/2019 8:14am
Crazy how paths cross, you both got each other and that's pretty kool.
three9zero
5/19/2019 8:20am
Love stories like your. Both pooches I bet are awesome. We have had our rescue Tyson for 11 years now. He's my best friend.

The Shop

G-man
5/19/2019 11:09am
Thanks guys yes it's going to be an adventure for sure she is definitely testing Bailey's patience as she likes to nip and she likes to nip at Bailey's throat. Dry b

G-man
5/19/2019 2:18pm
Each day has been a learning process with this dog she is quite the character. Grinning

Foghorn
5/19/2019 4:56pm
Good work. I love dogs. Here's Snug and Angus (Newfoundland and Great Dane) between bouts of rough housing. I don't let them do it in the house as large pieces of furniture get moved. About 350 lbs of dog between the two of them. They're the best of buds though.

Post a reply to: Got another Dog

The Latest