Good old fashioned censorship

jeffro503
9/24/2018 5:43pm
Btw....I know moto003 isn't arguing about flat earth stuff. I think he's focusing more on the JFK thing.
APLMAN99
9/24/2018 5:43pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Oof, got me with a zinger there huh! Im pointing out the fact that youtube places an "information" window on certain videos to push the "official"...
Oof, got me with a zinger there huh!

Im pointing out the fact that youtube places an "information" window on certain videos to push the "official" version of the story. They also manipulate the search results so that instead of finding the videos with higher view counts or more comments, you get only the videos they want you to see, which are made by the approved people.

Im also citing the fact that they dont seem to need to do this on videos in which debate silly topics, but nonetheless are widely known and becoming more prevalent (flat earth).

The connection im making is that the ***government*** doesnt care if you belive the earth is flat, but they DO care if you think the CIA killed Kennedy, or that the moon landings were faked. Therefore, they take the time to shove their version of the story into your face, so you arent distracted by those silly little things called thoughts/questions/ideas/etc.

Just sit down on your couch, take your perscription pills, eat your tv dinner, and dont worry about anything Smile
I already explained the difference to you. There is a difference between an "event" and just a whacked out, silly belief in nonsense.
ns503
9/25/2018 4:39am
rmoto003 wrote:
Oof, got me with a zinger there huh! Im pointing out the fact that youtube places an "information" window on certain videos to push the "official"...
Oof, got me with a zinger there huh!

Im pointing out the fact that youtube places an "information" window on certain videos to push the "official" version of the story. They also manipulate the search results so that instead of finding the videos with higher view counts or more comments, you get only the videos they want you to see, which are made by the approved people.

Im also citing the fact that they dont seem to need to do this on videos in which debate silly topics, but nonetheless are widely known and becoming more prevalent (flat earth).

The connection im making is that the ***government*** doesnt care if you belive the earth is flat, but they DO care if you think the CIA killed Kennedy, or that the moon landings were faked. Therefore, they take the time to shove their version of the story into your face, so you arent distracted by those silly little things called thoughts/questions/ideas/etc.

Just sit down on your couch, take your perscription pills, eat your tv dinner, and dont worry about anything Smile
So you mean the government is Youtube?

Or Youtube is the government?

I'm so confused.....
hard2kill
9/25/2018 6:32am
Jeeezzz.... people step back and reread this entire thread for a moment. It reads like some kind of toddler fight from all sides. I'am right no I'am right...
Perhaps that is the whole point. The "conspiracy's" are not whats most important or dangerous here, its the DIVISION coming form them.

The humble truth is nobody here knows what happened with JFK or (and i know this statement will be more divisive) the moon landing. If we can all agree on that (and i am not sure we can) then there is no reason to become divisive about any of it.

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2212th
9/25/2018 6:41am
hard2kill wrote:
Jeeezzz.... people step back and reread this entire thread for a moment. It reads like some kind of toddler fight from all sides. [i]I'am right no...
Jeeezzz.... people step back and reread this entire thread for a moment. It reads like some kind of toddler fight from all sides. I'am right no I'am right...
Perhaps that is the whole point. The "conspiracy's" are not whats most important or dangerous here, its the DIVISION coming form them.

The humble truth is nobody here knows what happened with JFK or (and i know this statement will be more divisive) the moon landing. If we can all agree on that (and i am not sure we can) then there is no reason to become divisive about any of it.
OP has not pointed out any proof of censorship which is the title of the thread. I'm not saying thing cannot and will not be censored but there is no proof of that here.
hard2kill
9/25/2018 8:28am
hard2kill wrote:
Jeeezzz.... people step back and reread this entire thread for a moment. It reads like some kind of toddler fight from all sides. [i]I'am right no...

early wrote:
OP has not pointed out any proof of censorship which is the title of the thread. I'm not saying thing cannot and will not be censored...
OP has not pointed out any proof of censorship which is the title of the thread. I'm not saying thing cannot and will not be censored but there is no proof of that here.
You are right the OP has not given any "proof" but he has provided evidence, weather you or I deem it sufficient evidence or not has no bearing on the truth. Nobody has or is capable of providing "proof" of anything. Nothing can be proven. Can I prove that statement? Think about the answer to that for a moment.

That is not to say we can't "know" things or that we can't make truth statements. However if you think you can prove what you know then it just shows you don't know enough about what you know.

“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.” *Albert Einstein.

Learning and knowing are two different things. We should not be so arrogant to think that what we have learned is the end of the spectrum.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/25/2018 8:34am
hard2kill wrote:
You are right the OP has not given any "proof" but he has provided evidence, weather you or I deem it sufficient evidence or not has...
You are right the OP has not given any "proof" but he has provided evidence, weather you or I deem it sufficient evidence or not has no bearing on the truth. Nobody has or is capable of providing "proof" of anything. Nothing can be proven. Can I prove that statement? Think about the answer to that for a moment.

That is not to say we can't "know" things or that we can't make truth statements. However if you think you can prove what you know then it just shows you don't know enough about what you know.

“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.” *Albert Einstein.

Learning and knowing are two different things. We should not be so arrogant to think that what we have learned is the end of the spectrum.
The evidence presented is that there is now a link to the brittanica page about specific searches. The evidence is that searches return different results depending if your search parameters are "most relevant" or "most viewed" (see my screenshots on the previous page). That isn't evidence of censorship. There is no evidence that certain videos are not viewable.
newmann
9/25/2018 8:36am
I'm just here for the name calling. I see someone mentioned "rednecks". Stay classy ...Grinning
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/25/2018 8:50am
How many boxes do you have to check? Laughing
hard2kill
9/25/2018 10:53am
early wrote:
Where are they only showing you content they want you to see?
Eric Schmidt the chairman of google and alphabet has gone on record stating that their should only be one answer for a search, and that they consider the millions of answers we receive from search results now to be a bug in the system.
He considers it their challenge and goal to be able to provide us with that one answer for every question.

Just looking out for the masses no doubt.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/25/2018 11:05am
hard2kill wrote:
Eric Schmidt the chairman of google and alphabet has gone on record stating that their should only be one answer for a search, and that they...
Eric Schmidt the chairman of google and alphabet has gone on record stating that their should only be one answer for a search, and that they consider the millions of answers we receive from search results now to be a bug in the system.
He considers it their challenge and goal to be able to provide us with that one answer for every question.

Google/Alphabet may be a large company, but the isp's and the government now have the power to limit what makes it to your screen regardless of how you find it.
hard2kill
9/25/2018 12:42pm
hard2kill wrote:
Eric Schmidt the chairman of google and alphabet has gone on record stating that their should only be one answer for a search, and that they...

early wrote:
Google/Alphabet may be a large company, but the isp's and the government now have the power to limit what makes it to your screen regardless of...
Google/Alphabet may be a large company, but the isp's and the government now have the power to limit what makes it to your screen regardless of how you find it.
Google/Alphabet is a government project in a round about (not conspiratorial way) as are most all major corporations today. It does not take much digging at all to understand this. Just look at Eric Schmidt for example a member of Bilderberg and the Trilateral Commission. His father served in the Nixion Administration. He came to google under the recommendation of John Doerr who served as an economics adviser to the president and we could go on and on.

That aside the government or isp's do not have "control" over the information either as it has basically been given over to the algorithms now.

One of Google’s leads on artificial intelligence, futurist Ray Kurzweil, said that the company should eventually predict answers before users even know to ask them. He calls this Google’s “cybernetic friend” — software that knows you better than you know yourself.
He stated the idea is that If we’re searching for headache treatments, Google could alert us to a flu epidemic in town. If we’re concerned about housing policy, Google could tell us about an upcoming county board meeting. It could make us more productive and civically engaged.

Sounds awesome right?Dry
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/25/2018 4:47pm
Threads like these are like flypaper for the usual suspects... Wink
9/26/2018 6:47am
GuyB wrote:
Threads like these are like flypaper for the usual suspects... Wink
Don't forget the unusual suspects Sideways
hppylib
10/15/2018 5:43am
That's not it at all. Your entire complaint is about prioritization. They must have some reasoning behind it. I don't pretend to understand their "Al Gore-Rhythms"...
That's not it at all.

Your entire complaint is about prioritization. They must have some reasoning behind it. I don't pretend to understand their "Al Gore-Rhythms" but to "keep down the truth" doesn't make much sense. What is there to gain?

- It wouldn't help them financially
- it wouldn't help them socially
- I guess you could argue it might help with their credibility, but that doesn't relate to clicks, which is their concern.

The only thing I could think of would be if there was some threat held over their head if they didn't comply. If you want to convince people of that, then you'll need more than "My personal search results based off my own internet usage patterns and Google's algorithms deterred from what I expected."
What there is to gain is to push a political agenda.

"America is evil" is a popular theme to half the country today.

"The USA lied about landing on the moon and the USA killed it's own president. See, the USA a very evil country."

That's what there is to gain.

Post a reply to: Good old fashioned censorship

The Latest