Good Ole Days

Related:
Create New Tag

12/13/2017 5:07 AM

"It's a kick in the head, aint it?" laughing

Back before America went and lost its sense of humor.



|

"We don't rent pigs."

12/13/2017 6:52 AM

LOL that's way before my time but that's some funny stuff. I still remember the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode with Jefferson. Making fun of his wife at couple's therapy with Will. All is fine until Will insults Jefferson's wife. After that they start to beat each other with foam bats.

Aren't The Jefferson's and Archie Bunker two different shows?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/13/2017 7:58 AM

Yes, and Sanford and Sons was funny also.

|

12/13/2017 8:24 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

LOL that's way before my time but that's some funny stuff. I still remember the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode with Jefferson. Making fun of his wife at couple's therapy with Will. All is fine until Will insults Jefferson's wife. After that they start to beat each other with foam bats.

Aren't The Jefferson's and Archie Bunker two different shows?

Ha, that shit was awesome. The Jeffersons was great

|

12/13/2017 8:35 AM

So is All In The Family its own show with both the Jefferson's and the Bunker's?

Are The Jefferson's and the Archie Bunker show spin offs from that show?

Looks like old TV shows were creative back then.

I know some of the old shows still play on TV Land. Might just have to take a look at some of them.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/13/2017 9:33 AM

I grew up with this sitcom... which ran from 1971 to 1978, then it was repeated for many years until the late 80s



Good old days when life was simple... the Cold War wasn't too bad after all wink
">The Story Of The 1980 U.S. Hockey Team
|

12/13/2017 9:55 AM

I don’t know about all that. I laughed my ass off yesterday. SEG

|

12/13/2017 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2017 10:13 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

So is All In The Family its own show with both the Jefferson's and the Bunker's?

Are The Jefferson's and the Archie Bunker show spin offs from that show?

Looks like old TV shows were creative back then.

I know some of the old shows still play on TV Land. Might just have to take a look at some of them.

The Jeffersons was a spin off of All in the Family. The Jefferson family was initially on All in the Family as neighbors of the Bunkers.

I really grew up watching Archie Bunker, from age 6 to about age 14. Without the interwebs and DVRs, the weekly television lineup was a much bigger deal back then.

It took a very deft touch to address the social issues that show took on, not sure if today's audiences would have the patience to actually "get" it as well as the fairly captive audience back then did. It was common even back then to find folks who truly believed that Archie was the "hero" of the show, not the asshole who was being made fun of because of his idiotic views.

Carroll O'Connor was brilliant in his portrayal, but I was always a little bit annoyed by Sally Struthers.

|

12/13/2017 10:17 AM

Hut wrote:

I don’t know about all that. I laughed my ass off yesterday. SEG

Photo

|

12/13/2017 4:12 PM

The first post basically explains the auto comment that gets displayed at the bottom of my posts.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

12/13/2017 7:27 PM

Sanford and Son was the American version of a British show "Steptoe and Son". Three's Company was the American version of a British sitcom, "Man About the House".

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius