Good Office Pranks

IWreckALot
Edited Date/Time 2/24/2012 6:58am
There are about 3 or 4 of us in the office that tend to play practical jokes on each other. I'm having a hard time coming up with more ideas.

So far I've taken the 5 wheels off their chairs and hid 4 of them in the office then at the end of the day I sent the 5th wheel via interoffice mail. Put tape over the mic of the phone so people couldn't hear them talk. Someone keeps leaving an empty box on my desk to insinuate I should "pack up". Someone moved a large paper shred box into one of the other guy's office so everyone was walking in there all day to throw paper away.

My last idea that I'm going to do is, one of the guys offices backs up to a window with a 2' ledge outside of it and we're on the 3rd floor of the building. Well he leaves his car keys on his desk all the time and I can get to the end of that ledge through the parking garage. I'm going to tie a fishing line onto his keys (to eventually retrieve the keys) and throw the keys out on the ledge and make him panic about having to walk out there to get them. I also want to figure out how to rig an air horn up to one of their desks so when they pull their chair out, it blasts off and scares the crap out of them.

So what are some of the pranks you guys pull at your work place?
|
indy_maico
2/22/2012 7:28am
I used to work in a factory when I got out of high school. The old-timers used to line their lunchboxes up on the edge of a picnic table, then they would always jostle to get in line at the time clock to be first out.

They would have to walk about 20 feet to the picnic table on their way out, and without breaking stride, grab their lunchboxes as they went by.

A bunch of us young punks nailed the lunchboxes down to the table. You can just imagine it as one after the other collided with each other trying to do their grab and go.

It was freaking hilarious!

The Shop

jchek779
2/22/2012 9:26am
I've popped spacebars off keyboards and stuffed a small piece of plastic between the inside of the spacebar and the contact. If he is in (or you navigate him into) and a cell in MS Excel, the scenario leads to a runaway cursor.
2/22/2012 9:55am
we have 2 poop stalls. I made up an "official" out of order sign and posted it on one stall, while I was taking a dump in the other. That way I didn't have to deal with a poop neighbor. You could put signs up on all stalls and make it interesting - or the main bathroom door.

Also, swap keyboard letters M and N. They just pop off and back on. You will be amazed how that screws up even a seasoned typist.

If their FB account is auto logon, get on there and type status "I'm so in the mood to masturbate this afternoon". sit back and watch the fireworks...well....that is probaly pushing the limits right there, I wouldn't do that since he might have parents/kids as friends. scratch that last idea.
level
2/22/2012 10:40am
We used to do pranks a lot. I like to put a bunch of clear scotch tape over the earpiece on the phone and when the person answers it they can't hear anything or barely hear. Funny as shit.
level
2/22/2012 10:41am
You can also put a piece of paper on the back of there car that say's "I love boys" and see how long it takes them to notice.
2/22/2012 10:50am
Put a nickel inside the phone handset every day for 3 weeks or untill no more will fit. Then leave them there for another week. After the week has passed, remove all of them and set up a video camera to record your first call to him. He will be very confused as to why he just hit himself in the head with the phone.
jtomasik
2/22/2012 11:00am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2012 11:02am
One very simple one...I've never done it as a prank, but IT people hate my workstation because I use a Dvorak keyboard in the OS. So, the keyboard itself looks like a QWERTY keyboard, but the letters are all different when ya' type.

You can change it on Windows by going into the Language/Keyboard controls through Control Panel. They'll be so confused why the keys are re-mapped.
2/22/2012 11:10am
Get all the admins/secretarys pregnant then leave the country. I did that a few times its hillarious!
jamma10
2/22/2012 12:10pm
Get all the admins/secretarys pregnant then leave the country. I did that a few times its hillarious!
Grinning
bullpen58
2/22/2012 1:13pm
Get a few of those 1/2" wide, about 2 foot long zip ties (heavy duty ones) and zip tie a couple to his truck's drive shaft. He will take off to go home and think he has a car problem from all the noise but won't know wtf it is. It will take him hours to get home.
Torco1
2/22/2012 1:24pm
Jerk off on somebody's keyboard.........or rub shit all over their monitor. That's an office hoot.
Torco1
2/22/2012 1:25pm
bullpen58 wrote:
Get a few of those 1/2" wide, about 2 foot long zip ties (heavy duty ones) and zip tie a couple to his truck's drive shaft...
Get a few of those 1/2" wide, about 2 foot long zip ties (heavy duty ones) and zip tie a couple to his truck's drive shaft. He will take off to go home and think he has a car problem from all the noise but won't know wtf it is. It will take him hours to get home.
That's always a good one. Or if somebody still drives a car that has hubcaps, pop one off and put a bunch of bolts in it and stick it back on. That think will be clinking all the way home.
ocscottie
2/22/2012 3:44pm
take a screenshot of someones desktop, and set that image as their desktop, then hide all the icons.
Sparkalounger
2/22/2012 4:53pm
ocscottie wrote:
take a screenshot of someones desktop, and set that image as their desktop, then hide all the icons.
i like it!
Sparkalounger
2/22/2012 4:58pm
we have 2 poop stalls. I made up an "official" out of order sign and posted it on one stall, while I was taking a dump...
we have 2 poop stalls. I made up an "official" out of order sign and posted it on one stall, while I was taking a dump in the other. That way I didn't have to deal with a poop neighbor. You could put signs up on all stalls and make it interesting - or the main bathroom door.

Also, swap keyboard letters M and N. They just pop off and back on. You will be amazed how that screws up even a seasoned typist.

If their FB account is auto logon, get on there and type status "I'm so in the mood to masturbate this afternoon". sit back and watch the fireworks...well....that is probaly pushing the limits right there, I wouldn't do that since he might have parents/kids as friends. scratch that last idea.
the "out of order sign" was one i used almost everyday!
i even would go in the janitors closet and grab the "keep out" sign to sit in front of the door.
i was in a 5 story building with two set of bathrooms per floor, i would just play musical bathrooms everyday. Ran it for two years and never got caught!
Yep, would bring my can of lysol in every time to clean up the place... just like at home! hahaaah
brogge
2/22/2012 6:58pm
You can use AutoIt to create simple scripts for keyboard and mouse actions and run it in the background. There's a million different things you can torture people with using that scripting program.

I made a real simple script that would type 3 f's 'fff' when you only wanted one 'f', and loaded it on a co-workers computer. He wrote a lot of reports, so watching him struggle with the extra f's was hilarious until he started pounding on the computer like that guy in the youtube video.
TerryK
2/22/2012 7:35pm
I have done literally hundreds over the years.

One of my favorites was from many years ago working at a paper mill as a young man. Near the paper machines in the summer it is usually around 110f. The lunch room was like a 20x15ft box with windows on 3 sides and a big air conditioner on the roof. Everyone always had a box of corn starch handy to dump in your underwear to keep from getting chaffed. The prank was to turn the air conditioner off well before coffee or lunch time, then go up on top and dump a entire box of corn starch in the air conditioner intake. The on/off switch was on the opposite side of the room from the door so the next guy that walked in would immediately notice the air conditioning was off so he'd march over and flip the switch. the guys that knew what was going on would all be watching as the entire room turned white. The guy would come charging out of the room and the only part of him that wasn't pure white was his eyes and mouth. Fooking hilarious!
Scooter McGavin
2/22/2012 9:04pm
If you live somewhere where where the temperature gets below freezing, every hour go outside and pour a cup or water on the persons car door handles or windshield or both. At the end of the day there will be about half an inch of ice built up. The zip-ties on the drive shaft is a good one too.
2/22/2012 10:07pm
Mayonase on the ear piece of the phone. We had this dumb fuck at work answer two calls and both times squished that shit into his ear. Im tearing up laughing at it now and its been like five years. The best part was after the first one he was walking around with what looked like a giant wad on his ear and never noticed.
2/22/2012 10:08pm
Hot sauce in a beverage too...If it can be concealed like coffee or soda.
Nielsen277
2/22/2012 10:50pm
we have 2 poop stalls. I made up an "official" out of order sign and posted it on one stall, while I was taking a dump...

My favorite FB prank is getting on to someone's account and posting something like "Well it looks like a finally beat Herpes, guys! Eleven days since my last outbreak! Thanks for your continued love and support!!"

Then get on your own account and leave a comment that says "Herpes is forever, bro!"
ocscottie
2/22/2012 11:42pm
ocscottie wrote:
i like it!
Back in college we did it to the whole computer lab that was used for an "Intro to computers" class that i was the aid in. It was funny shit to see the looks on their faces, but it sorta backfired when i was the one that had to go and fix them lol
ocscottie
2/22/2012 11:43pm
jamma10 wrote:
[img]https://lolpranks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/best-tin-foil-office-cubicle-prank-at-work-by-co-workers-desk-computer-chair-covered-amusing.jpg[/img]
HAR!! That is awesome Laughing
SEEMEFIRST
2/23/2012 11:28pm
Go to the art supply store, and get a tube of "Prussian Blue" artist oil. (Oil paint)

Put a tiny dab on car door handles, drawer handles, phone hand sets, anything they'll touch. The shit takes for ever to dry, and will be all over by the time they realize it.

A blue job under a drawer handle will easily last 2 days. A small ammount is all that's needed. One drop will be everywhere.
CR500Rider
2/24/2012 1:06am
When I worked at the nuke plant we had to wear steel toe shoes inside the plant. We'd swap our shoes in the shop and everyone would put their street shoes under their workbench, everyone but one jackass who left his wherever he took them off. It took awhile but I finally got tired of tripping over this guys shoes and crazy glued them in their proper location, under his workbench. He tore the floor tiles up getting those shoes unstuck.
Whitey
2/24/2012 6:58am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2012 6:58am
When i was in the States just recently i went to a magic shop in Anaheim with a mate and he brought 4 bottles of Liquid Ass.

It is soo bad he only sprayed it on 2 different occasions as we couldnt stand it either, it hangs around for ages too.

http://www.liquidass.com/

Post a reply to: Good Office Pranks

The Latest