Going to build a CNC router

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2018 6:07 PM

Does anybody have one or has built one? Sources for parts? Sources for info?
Thanks.

|

8/26/2018 6:38 PM

Can you make this a build thread ?

|

8/26/2018 8:32 PM

Not quite sure what you mean.

|

8/26/2018 8:54 PM

borg wrote:

Not quite sure what you mean.

Pretty sure he means like a bike build. Posting pics and information as you go along building your CNC router.

Or like the skid steer in non-moto.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/27/2018 2:25 AM

Like maverick said . It would be really interesting to see how one is constructed and programmed .

|

8/27/2018 4:42 AM

Right. Now I get it. I wasn't thinking of that but it would be cool.

|

8/27/2018 5:23 AM

We're getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these here at my job. (I'm the purchasing guy here)

5 axis with XYZ of 141 x 70 x 47.

Photo

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

8/27/2018 1:04 PM

There are so many options out there. Need more info from you!

What is the application going to be?
What bed size do you need?
What is your experience level in building/fabricating a machine?
What's your budget?

|

8/27/2018 1:59 PM

mxtech1 wrote:

There are so many options out there. Need more info from you!

What is the application going to be?
What bed size do you need?
What is your experience level in building/fabricating a machine?
What's your budget?

Application: Guitars mostly. Will probably get into other things.
Bed: 16" x 24"
Experience: Extensive.
Budget: A decent machine of this size is going to be 5 to 7K. That's not going to happen.
I think I can get it done for less than 1200. The machines I saw for that much are pretty much crap.

|

8/27/2018 7:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2018 7:14 PM

borg wrote:

Thanks.

Heres a source for info that'll make your head explode: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/

Fun project...

You're welcome.

|

8/27/2018 7:59 PM

borg wrote:

Thanks.

tungmuhballz wrote:

Heres a source for info that'll make your head explode: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/

Fun project...

You're welcome.

Yes. I know about CNC Zone. Thank you.

|

8/27/2018 8:26 PM

This old tony has a few videos of his build.

|

8/27/2018 8:36 PM

I am pretty good with Raspberry Pis and have been thinking about building a CNC somethingorother myself.

|

8/27/2018 8:37 PM

tunedlength wrote:

This old tony has a few videos of his build.

Thanks, I am still researching and info like that is really good compared with the bullshit on CNC forums.

|

8/27/2018 8:46 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

I am pretty good with Raspberry Pis and have been thinking about building a CNC somethingorother myself.

My ex bizpard is good with those too. He loves em. When his old Win 98 console takes a shit he will be going to the Raspberry. He is using an old pascal program he wrote 20 years ago that has to have a DOS machine. Shit, I had learn DOS all over again just to program that old Bridgeport. He's like you. Fuck the new windows shit. Quite a few CNC PC based controllers like Linux. Maybe we can get him to convert.

|

8/27/2018 9:41 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

borg wrote:

My ex bizpard is good with those too. He loves em. When his old Win 98 console takes a shit he will be going to the Raspberry. He is using an old pascal program he wrote 20 years ago that has to have a DOS machine. Shit, I had learn DOS all over again just to program that old Bridgeport. He's like you. Fuck the new windows shit. Quite a few CNC PC based controllers like Linux. Maybe we can get him to convert.

Windoze? What's Windoze? smile

|

9/1/2018 5:13 AM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

Windoze? What's Windoze? smile

It's not Windoze...it's WinBlows! Get it straight bud...???

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography