God of War (PS4)

1-forty-8
4/18/2018 4:51am
Anyone else excited about this? Some people are calling it the best PS4 game to date!

To be honest, I completely forgot I preordered it, checked my bank account this morning and noticed amazon had taken some money from me, turns out I have God of War on the way.

After reading some reviews though, gotta say, I’m pretty damn excited.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/18/2018 6:42am
I never got into God of War. My brother on the other likes the franchise and played all of them on the PS3. I played a bit of it and think it's cool but it's just not my thing. I'm more of an Uncharted guy.

It does look great though.

God of War might be the best PS4 game to date but in my opinion the best PS4 game is being released in October and it's RDR2.

In terms of PlayStation exclusives I'm looking forward to Detroit: Become Human. There's also The Last of Us Part II.
1-forty-8
4/18/2018 7:55am
All those games you mention are a reason to be excited. Especially Last of Us 2. The first was damn near perfect. They have a lot to live up to, but I got faith.

As for Red Dead, that should be pretty epic. Can’t wait to explore that world.
peelout
4/18/2018 8:35am
God of War looks awesome. i played GOW2 back on PS2 and loved it.

kind of reminds me of when Horizon came out though, everyone was praising it and saying how amazing it is... i got it and got about halfway through and lost all interest. i'm not sure why because it's a great game.

anyway, The Last of Us is probably one of the best story-games i've ever played, can't wait for TLOU2. also really looking forward to Detroit.

RDR2 is going to be epic. i'm still pissed they didn't port RDR to PS4. i don't have a NOW subscription so i can't play it. probably my favorite game of all time.
1-forty-8
4/18/2018 8:55am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 9:16am
peelout wrote:
God of War looks awesome. i played GOW2 back on PS2 and loved it. kind of reminds me of when Horizon came out though, everyone was...

kind of reminds me of when Horizon came out though, everyone was praising it and saying how amazing it is... i got it and got about halfway through and lost all interest. i'm not sure why because it's a great game.

anyway, The Last of Us is probably one of the best story-games i've ever played, can't wait for TLOU2. also really looking forward to Detroit.

RDR2 is going to be epic. i'm still pissed they didn't port RDR to PS4. i don't have a NOW subscription so i can't play it. probably my favorite game of all time.
Weird that you say that about Horizon because I was exactly the same. I believe it’s the most overrated game on the PS4!

Detroit should be cool. I liked Heavy Rain and that other one they did, I forget what it was called.. But yeah, should be a solid game.

We’re spoilt this year in terms of shit coming out.

That new Spider-Man game looks pretty cool too!

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/18/2018 9:13am
peelout wrote:
God of War looks awesome. i played GOW2 back on PS2 and loved it. kind of reminds me of when Horizon came out though, everyone was...

1-forty-8 wrote:
Weird that you say that about Horizon because I was exactly the same. I believe it’s the most overrated game on the PS4! Detroit should be...
Weird that you say that about Horizon because I was exactly the same. I believe it’s the most overrated game on the PS4!

Detroit should be cool. I liked Heavy Rain and that other one they did, I forget what it was called.. But yeah, should be a solid game.

We’re spoilt this year in terms of shit coming out.

That new Spider-Man game looks pretty cool too!
Heavy Rain was awesome. Totally different concept for a game but that's what I like about Quantic Dream. They think outside the box and give us some really original games.

In Detroit: Become Human it's the same concept. Every decision you'll make will affect how the storyline develops. It forces you to really think about the choice you're about to make.

They don't release many games but what they do release is top quality. Similar to Rockstar games in a way. Quality over quantity.
Sunhouse
4/18/2018 10:18pm
I’m not into God of War either, but the reviews and visuals look amazing. May have to give it a go!

This autumn will be awesome, TLoU2, BF2018 and RDR2. I’m also a little affraid that one of these will mess up. And unfortunately I think it will be Battlefield. It may be too similar to BF1, and too arcady to win over more COD fans, now that they are taking increased market shares.

RDR2 is interesting, the first one is mye favourite game. Didn’t really play GTA5 adter completing it, so I hope they don’t make it too similar with several playable characters. That was RDR’s biggest strong point, the bond you got with Marston
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/19/2018 7:23am
Sunhouse wrote:
I’m not into God of War either, but the reviews and visuals look amazing. May have to give it a go! This autumn will be awesome...
I’m not into God of War either, but the reviews and visuals look amazing. May have to give it a go!

This autumn will be awesome, TLoU2, BF2018 and RDR2. I’m also a little affraid that one of these will mess up. And unfortunately I think it will be Battlefield. It may be too similar to BF1, and too arcady to win over more COD fans, now that they are taking increased market shares.

RDR2 is interesting, the first one is mye favourite game. Didn’t really play GTA5 adter completing it, so I hope they don’t make it too similar with several playable characters. That was RDR’s biggest strong point, the bond you got with Marston
Battlefield will be Battlefield 5 so a modern shooter. Newer than WWII for sure.

I'm still waiting for Battlefield Bad Company 3 damn it. Really enjoyed Bad Company 2.
Sunhouse
4/19/2018 10:38am
Sunhouse wrote:
I’m not into God of War either, but the reviews and visuals look amazing. May have to give it a go! This autumn will be awesome...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Battlefield will be Battlefield 5 so a modern shooter. Newer than WWII for sure. I'm still waiting for Battlefield Bad Company 3 damn it. Really enjoyed...
Battlefield will be Battlefield 5 so a modern shooter. Newer than WWII for sure.

I'm still waiting for Battlefield Bad Company 3 damn it. Really enjoyed Bad Company 2.
I have heard nothing but WW2, except for the initial rumor of it being Vietnam. The latest is:
2018: WW2 (or similar, which coul mean Korea)
2019: Bad Company 3 Vietnam/cold war era

Where did you hear it is modern?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/20/2018 3:14am
Sunhouse wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Battlefield will be Battlefield 5 so a modern shooter. Newer than WWII for sure. I'm still waiting for Battlefield Bad Company 3 damn it. Really enjoyed...

Sunhouse wrote:
I have heard nothing but WW2, except for the initial rumor of it being Vietnam. The latest is: 2018: WW2 (or similar, which coul mean Korea)...
I have heard nothing but WW2, except for the initial rumor of it being Vietnam. The latest is:
2018: WW2 (or similar, which coul mean Korea)
2019: Bad Company 3 Vietnam/cold war era

Where did you hear it is modern?
Sorry got things messed up. Battlefield 5 will be a sequel to Battlefield 1 and will be set during WWII. Battlefield 1 was titled that way for the WWI conflict so in reality they should of called the 2018 game Battlefield 2 to keep the trend going but they decided to go with Battlefield 5/V instead. A bit confusing considering there's a ton of different Battlefield games if you include PC.

2019 will be Bad Company 3 and that one will be a "modern" shooter. Set in mid and post Vietnam war. They've had a Vietnam DLC I believe in Battlefield 3 which I enjoyed quite a bit so a full game set in that era should be a lot of fun.

Can't wait to play both. I much prefer the Battlefield series over Call of Duty. I'm sure a lot of people won't be happy that the next 2 games won't be set in present day or the near future.

Thread derailed. Sorry.

Should really consider bringing back the gaming sub-forum.
1-forty-8
4/20/2018 9:18pm
God of War is good you guys. Don’t wanna spoil anything, and I’m only an hour in, but shit man.

It’s got a Last of Us vibe to it that I’m digging and the graphics are stunning.

I’m not one to rush through a game, especially these days with work and stuff, there just isn’t enough hours in the day, but I can’t see it taking me too long to get through this.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
4/23/2018 9:47am
Just checked out last of us 2 trailer and it looks really cool. I never played part 1.
peelout
4/23/2018 10:04am
FLmxer wrote:
Just checked out last of us 2 trailer and it looks really cool. I never played part 1.
if you're on PS4 then you owe it to yourself to give The Last of Us a playthrough. amazing game.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
4/27/2018 7:29am
FLmxer wrote:
peelout wrote:
if you're on PS4 then you owe it to yourself to give The Last of Us a playthrough. amazing game.
I bought a PS4 pro just to to play The last of Us. Well worth it, awesome game
peelout
4/27/2018 9:25am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 9:36am
FLmxer wrote:
peelout wrote:
Markee wrote:
that was the only reason i bought my PS4 as well. i was on 360 for years and was going to buy an Xbone, but i read and heard about a lot of people praising TLOU. i don't regret it at all. have you played all the DLC for TLOU?

actually my only regret of the PS4 is not having backward compatibility on a lot of older games, and especially not being able to play Red Dead Redemption.
1-forty-8
4/27/2018 9:28am
I think when it comes to exclusives Playstation have it down right now.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
4/30/2018 11:53am
peelout wrote:
Markee wrote:
peelout wrote:
that was the only reason i bought my PS4 as well. i was on 360 for years and was going to buy an Xbone, but i...
that was the only reason i bought my PS4 as well. i was on 360 for years and was going to buy an Xbone, but i read and heard about a lot of people praising TLOU. i don't regret it at all. have you played all the DLC for TLOU?

actually my only regret of the PS4 is not having backward compatibility on a lot of older games, and especially not being able to play Red Dead Redemption.
Nope. I just started on the missions with the two girls. Aside from that and the main story, im clueless.

Same here with the console, xbox since day one, kinda took a break from gaming and never got a xbone, but that was solely because RDR2 hadn't released yet. RDR2 was going to determine my next console purchase. Me and the wife really enjoyed RDR.

I play maybe once or twice a week, but have been really impressed with the PS4.

Downloaded FarCry 5 last week, lol, this game..... Not sure what to say, it looks amazing, but so far I feel like i've played this game before and its my first FarCry game. I get a kick out of the side kick boomer, because my wife is a Dog nut, if that damn dog hits the dirt I feel like my marriage is in jeopardy if I don't safe his ass.
greenmx5
5/1/2018 5:36am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2018 5:37am
FLmxer wrote:
The Last of Us is my most recommended game. I'm probably more of a fan of that game than Flatout is of his authenticity in motocross games. I've probably played through the story of this game 6 or 7 times and check the internet at least once a day for any news on Part 2. Unfortunately, I feel like it will be a spring/summer 2019 release instead of this year like some believe (although I really hope I'm wrong, yet I also want them to take the time to perfect the game and live up to what the first game's experience was like.) We will find out a lot more at E3 next month.

Post a reply to: God of War (PS4)

The Latest