Giving up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety...

Timo_2824
12/28/2017 9:57pm
I've got a question for the people who think we are loosing rights and freedoms in the US, what right or freedom have you lost in your lifetime? I'm in my early 30's and can't think of one. Maybe it's just Kansas but I'm pretty free to do anything within reason, and I've been told I'm pretty low on reason...
JM485
12/28/2017 11:05pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
I've got a question for the people who think we are loosing rights and freedoms in the US, what right or freedom have you lost in...
I've got a question for the people who think we are loosing rights and freedoms in the US, what right or freedom have you lost in your lifetime? I'm in my early 30's and can't think of one. Maybe it's just Kansas but I'm pretty free to do anything within reason, and I've been told I'm pretty low on reason...
I’ve been on this earth 22 years, and even in my lifetime I’ve lost what I consider rights. However, it’s all about how they go about it, they won’t take things away outright, they just make things more “impractical”. For example, I used to be able to walk into the hardware store and buy spray paint. Now, I have to show my ID, and until I was 18 I had to bring a fricken parent with me, it was a joke. Another one, my local riding area has constantly come under more and more government scrutiny. What used to essentially be the Wild West with no rules, is now heavily regulated. Final one, due to the increase in liberal rulings within the court system, people are now incredibly sue happy and property owners are rightfully flipping their shit over trespassing now. While it used to be we could ride in a lot of open areas around town, more and more over the years have been shut down either by land owners or by cops. Not exactly government overreach, but a shift in “nanny state” thinking that has caused everyone to think they are no longer responsible for their own actions if they get hurt.

Taxes are a great way they tighten the screw as well. The lovely people’s republic of CA recently passed a gas tax which raised diesel fuel about $.50 a gallon. Being that I drive a diesel van now, that effects how much I’m able to drive and where I’m able to go, since it now costs significantly more. They also don’t want commercial vans being used for personal use, so they absolutely bend me over when it comes time to register it for their impecibally maintained roads since it’s still considered “commercial”. Registering my truck has become a nightmare as well, since the state has decided that they want old pickups like mine off the streets, so they crack down on smog testing in any way they can and tighten restrictions every year. Again, not taking things away blatantly, but increasing steadily the amount of “pain in the ass” it takes to do the things you want to do. Those are just personal examples for me off the top of my head, I’m sure there will be more added by others, especially business owners and gun enthusiasts.
steed 2.0
12/29/2017 12:11am
Timo_2824 wrote:
I've got a question for the people who think we are loosing rights and freedoms in the US, what right or freedom have you lost in...
12/29/2017 5:21am
Timo_2824 wrote:
steed 2.0 wrote:
[img]https://image.slidesharecdn.com/iotpresentationraharja-150706181241-lva1-app6892/95/iot-presentation-raharja-12-638.jpg[/img]
Sad I’m laughing. Woohoo

The Shop

NorCal 50+
12/29/2017 10:49am
Timo_2824 wrote:
Are they going to pass a specific law taking away a specific right? No- but in more nebulous areas there has been a huge expansion of government power since 9/11. A bunch of federal agencies were consolidated into Homeland Security, which should really be called Homeland Surveillance. The Bush Administration brought us warrantless wiretapping, secret prisons, illegal war, charges without due process etc. The Bush administration also militarized local police, creating a situation where the public is now the number one suspect- I don't think it's coincidence that we now have a huge problem with police violence against communities, mainly minorities that the western power structures have always worked to suppress.
Obama expanded this and tried to prosecute news reporters when they reported on leaks of classified information. He was also the first to start executing US citizens overseas without a trial or charges (terrorist suspects).
Now any email you send is open for reading, and you better watch what you say online unless you want a visit from the Secret Service. Even local police have access to wiretapping like the Stingray device. The general environment is one of fear and hostility, which is what they want- divide and conquer. Next up- universal facial recognition and you won't be able to go buy a gallon of milk without being tracked.
Meanwhile, they intentionally keep the economy in a state of crisis to keep us all working and trying to survive, while corporations are allowed to poison our food and we try and stay alive in a health care system where every time you visit a hospital, you are hit with a crushing bill. I don't mean to sound cynical, but the government is not your friend.
motogrady
12/29/2017 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2017 6:20pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
Seat belts. You gotta wear them.

Health care, you gotta have it. Between my employer and mysel, $38,000 we had to pay, 50/50, in the last 3 years.

. You no longer can go to a doctor without a government person staying in the room, taking notes, entering those notes in a mega database for a special set of people to view,

Can't but a 2 stroke for the street.

Can't modify your car or exhaust in certain states,

OSHA just enacted a new set of safety laws, with fines in the thousands. Do you know, if you work in construction,
and put a dust mask on more than 3 times a month, you must keep a log of such activities, and what kind of protection
you used? Fine, $5,000. If they want and catch you.

OSHA if you create dust, silicates, you must use a dual stage hepa filter vacuum, average cost of that type of vacuum, $800.00.

Zoning. I moved tho West Virginia because, well, one of the things, no zoning in this county. You buy property,
you build what you want. Under attack been voted down 3 times in 6 years. The last one was close.

Licensing. In my line of work, Heating/Airconditioning, all you needed was a contractors license until last year.
You fucked up, they came after you and your contractors license, Now, as of last year, 3 grades of licenses for what I do. $50.00 if you want to be an apprentice. Just pay the 50 a year, you get a card. But, you can only work under the direct supervision of a journeyman. 4 years experience, mega test and $90 a year. But, you can't bid on jobs.
You have to work as a journeyman under the direct supervision of a Master. 4 years plus business, contractor and master license. And mandatory workmens comp plus business insurance for every guy that works under you.

Another one, I love this one. Every now and then, you'd be driving down the road, and you'd see a homemade cross,
maybe some flowers, and a guy or girls name on it,
It was where a loved one was killed in a car wreck.
2 years ago, outlawed it. You can go to the State, pay $200 plus tax, and buy a State issue sign and have them put it up.
What the everliving fuck is that?

Fishing licenses. Stamps and fees almost doubled on certain stuff.
Gone are the days you could go down to the lake, or creek, and throw in a line for a few hours.
Even if you don't have any fish, that line is in the water, they can throw you in jail.

Money. Did you know, if you are pulled over, and have a large amount of cash on you, or in the car, and the cops don't like the reason, they can take it, and keep it, until you prove how and where you got it?

All the public riding areas in Western Md were shut down maybe 10 years ago. Reason? To get a AAA bond rating
on those areas, so the State can borrow more money. If there are motorized trails going thru a forest, it cannot be classified a virgin forest. No virgin forest, no AAA bond rating.
There was a guy on here, went to the State Capitol in Annapolis bitching about it.
They acted surprised, said the didn't realize it was a problem.
Told him to bring a few properties in, they would get them classified as motorized tiding areas. Guy eorked his ass off,
till he realized, they wanted him to provide so many things, restrooms, site plans, road access plans, he finally just gave up. Like they wanted him to.

And this is just the stuff I've heard about. Hundreds upon hundreds of laws are enacted every year, and nobody even knows about them.. Buried in the newspaper, on page 19, written in legalize so most lawyers can only read them.

Yeah, there's a few things I know of that are taking liberties away from me.

Jrewing
12/30/2017 3:32am
We are on double demerit licencing ATM where your infringement point penalty for a road offence is doubled for the holiday periods. Plus they quadruple the highway patrol presence on the roads.
Mr. G
12/30/2017 6:47pm
Jrewing wrote:
Welcome to Australia... Barricaded shopping precincts, extreme gun control, prolific speed camera and radar traps up to 3 kmh over, every major road network featuring very...
Welcome to Australia...
Barricaded shopping precincts, extreme gun control, prolific speed camera and radar traps up to 3 kmh over, every major road network featuring very costly tolls, multiple tiered beuracrcy channels for anything to everything. Taxation used as a deterrent for cigarette/alcohol and even to farmers using their own dams. The list grows.
We here in Australia compare ourselves to you Americans but only 20 years behind. Is this same pattern happening to you guys who might be infact 20 years behind us?
Where does one move to escape this, the Isle of Man?
I question their motives with this "move towards safety". When all evidence shows more crime, one has to eventually consider that crime is their goal. It's a sales pitch. They are playing upon the goodness that lies in a vast majority of the population when they "sell it". Don't fall for it. Most of you guys are way smarter than that.
NorCal 50+
12/30/2017 8:36pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Seat belts. You gotta wear them. Health care, you gotta have it. Between my employer and mysel, $38,000 we had to pay, 50/50, in the last...
Seat belts. You gotta wear them.

Health care, you gotta have it. Between my employer and mysel, $38,000 we had to pay, 50/50, in the last 3 years.

. You no longer can go to a doctor without a government person staying in the room, taking notes, entering those notes in a mega database for a special set of people to view,

Can't but a 2 stroke for the street.

Can't modify your car or exhaust in certain states,

OSHA just enacted a new set of safety laws, with fines in the thousands. Do you know, if you work in construction,
and put a dust mask on more than 3 times a month, you must keep a log of such activities, and what kind of protection
you used? Fine, $5,000. If they want and catch you.

OSHA if you create dust, silicates, you must use a dual stage hepa filter vacuum, average cost of that type of vacuum, $800.00.

Zoning. I moved tho West Virginia because, well, one of the things, no zoning in this county. You buy property,
you build what you want. Under attack been voted down 3 times in 6 years. The last one was close.

Licensing. In my line of work, Heating/Airconditioning, all you needed was a contractors license until last year.
You fucked up, they came after you and your contractors license, Now, as of last year, 3 grades of licenses for what I do. $50.00 if you want to be an apprentice. Just pay the 50 a year, you get a card. But, you can only work under the direct supervision of a journeyman. 4 years experience, mega test and $90 a year. But, you can't bid on jobs.
You have to work as a journeyman under the direct supervision of a Master. 4 years plus business, contractor and master license. And mandatory workmens comp plus business insurance for every guy that works under you.

Another one, I love this one. Every now and then, you'd be driving down the road, and you'd see a homemade cross,
maybe some flowers, and a guy or girls name on it,
It was where a loved one was killed in a car wreck.
2 years ago, outlawed it. You can go to the State, pay $200 plus tax, and buy a State issue sign and have them put it up.
What the everliving fuck is that?

Fishing licenses. Stamps and fees almost doubled on certain stuff.
Gone are the days you could go down to the lake, or creek, and throw in a line for a few hours.
Even if you don't have any fish, that line is in the water, they can throw you in jail.

Money. Did you know, if you are pulled over, and have a large amount of cash on you, or in the car, and the cops don't like the reason, they can take it, and keep it, until you prove how and where you got it?

All the public riding areas in Western Md were shut down maybe 10 years ago. Reason? To get a AAA bond rating
on those areas, so the State can borrow more money. If there are motorized trails going thru a forest, it cannot be classified a virgin forest. No virgin forest, no AAA bond rating.
There was a guy on here, went to the State Capitol in Annapolis bitching about it.
They acted surprised, said the didn't realize it was a problem.
Told him to bring a few properties in, they would get them classified as motorized tiding areas. Guy eorked his ass off,
till he realized, they wanted him to provide so many things, restrooms, site plans, road access plans, he finally just gave up. Like they wanted him to.

And this is just the stuff I've heard about. Hundreds upon hundreds of laws are enacted every year, and nobody even knows about them.. Buried in the newspaper, on page 19, written in legalize so most lawyers can only read them.

Yeah, there's a few things I know of that are taking liberties away from me.

Maryland is about as corrupt as they come. I spent three years there, and they kept sending me random tax bills for amounts that appeared to be completely made up. They sent me a $3500 bill for 2010, a year I didn't even live in Maryland. The burden of proof is on me, of course.
To register my 2011 truck in Maryland in 2013 cost about $1000 cash. It's a typical state with raging crime and ghettos and ridiculous tax policies. Every landlord I had there was a corrupt greedy asshole and I spent two years suing one mf'er for the crazy shit he pulled on me and my family. Maryland sucked for me in every way except the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
12/30/2017 11:37pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2017 1:07am
Jrewing wrote:
We are on double demerit licencing ATM where your infringement point penalty for a road offence is doubled for the holiday periods. Plus they quadruple the...
We are on double demerit licencing ATM where your infringement point penalty for a road offence is doubled for the holiday periods. Plus they quadruple the highway patrol presence on the roads.
HAR! The subhuman filth (government) and the fat filth in blue are going to meet and discuss a way to reduce the road toll... I'd like to know how they plan to legislate against stupidity?

Man, don't get me started. Jabs, gotta get your jab!!! Pfizer has a surplus of mercury to inject you with and the GP's need to meet their quota.

Happy new year, can't wait.

EDIT: Unnecessary hyphen Laughing

motogrady
12/31/2017 6:19am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Maryland is about as corrupt as they come. I spent three years there, and they kept sending me random tax bills for amounts that appeared to...
Maryland is about as corrupt as they come. I spent three years there, and they kept sending me random tax bills for amounts that appeared to be completely made up. They sent me a $3500 bill for 2010, a year I didn't even live in Maryland. The burden of proof is on me, of course.
To register my 2011 truck in Maryland in 2013 cost about $1000 cash. It's a typical state with raging crime and ghettos and ridiculous tax policies. Every landlord I had there was a corrupt greedy asshole and I spent two years suing one mf'er for the crazy shit he pulled on me and my family. Maryland sucked for me in every way except the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay.

Yeah, it's a beautiful State. From the Atlantic beaches, to the Western Md mountains, they have it all.
When I realized I wasn't gonna make it as a motocross racer, walked away from motocross for a decade.
I might have thrown a leg over a dirt bike twice in 10 years.
It was the 80s.
Bought a boat, worked as least as possible, and the Chesapeke was my playground.
Inner Harbour to Annapolis to Rock Hall to Kent Island.
Lost count of the women. It was great.

But, it's so expensive, they have so much crap to deal with, it to me kinda became a police state.
Roadblocks to check for sobriety, permits for just about everything, the stuff they make you do to own and tag a car,
the crazy ass zoning, it's endless over there.

Look what they did to Budds Creek when Beasly cut down some trees, on his own land for parking, for that desNations.

And believe me, being a licensed contractor, that's a whole story in itself, getting licensed.
Let's just say, if you're in, you're in. If not, it's a hard row to hoe.

When I hear some local guys here in WV bitch about how they all of a sudden need a permit to fix an AC unit in Morgantown, I just laugh, and tell them, you ain't seen nothing yet.
144rider
1/1/2018 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2018 3:13pm
IMO, road tolls in Oz are constitutionaly illegal. The constitution state. We can print money to build any new infrastructure because it adds value to our nation. They don't need investment from the private sector. That's stotal BS, but why they tell you we need these fuckin tolls. I don't pay them, I'd love them to take me to court.
A mate of mine has over 60K in toll fines. I'm at around 12K but rarely go near the stinking citys. I also ride a road bike. We don't pay. Hence the Vic Gov trying to force us to put rego plates on the front of our bikes.

Speeding. Pffft! No one was speeding around here, so they lowered the speed limits. Old mate said that was BS. I said OK, do the speed limit all the way to the outer suburbs and see if anyone passes you. In a 110k zone, everyone was doing 100ks. After that drive, he agreed with me.

Guns laws and mass shooting? Never happened until the coalition against guns party formed. Really, people think a bloke with the IQ of a 12 year old and pretty much no shooting experience committed the Tassie massacre Huh . If so, then you're a bloody idiot!
Elizebeth St postal building was even more blatant. Quote shooter: "How do they expect me to kill people with this thing"
When I was young, Dad bought my first slug gun at the local corner store. There were guns in every house, no safes etc. There was never any problem. There was also no such thing as house Invasions in Australia at that time. NONE! Now?
Every house in Switzerland has guns, and ammo, or should have. It's the law. How many mass shootings have there been over there in recent years?
And yes. China will Invade us eventually. If there's a war, China has a lot of people to feed. Australia has a lot of agriculture, food and water. No guns though Dizzy . Like takijng candy from a baby. If they're smart, Invading Oz will be the first thing they do.
Lastly. Every attempted Invasion of another country throughout history was fought off by it's country's armed civil militia. We'll just throw sticks and stones at them Wink
Does anybody really believe there won't be a 3rd world war in our future?

And best of all. We just had to have many thousands of more police on the beat over new years eve. After another incedent in Melbourne last week where 18 people were run over in the street. Every terrorist incedent is related to Muslims. Any new security procaution etc is because of Muslims. Are they trying to sabotage our country by letting all these muslims in? I mean, com'on, lets have a serious and hard think about this using logic and common sense. No Muzzies in Oz = no terror threat in Oz. The logical, common sense thing to do would be to not let in the country. Politically incorrect it may be, but ya get that on the big jobs!
There is a stealth war. Muslims against the western world. The muslims have a special and deadly weapon they are using to kick our asses, it's called Political correctness.

And you lot biatch about Trump. Australia needs a Trump! Or even better, a revolt. I can't wait for interest rates to rise! The shit will hit the proverbial fan.
144rider
1/1/2018 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2018 3:04pm
What I refer to about the road tolls is covered in the first 30 seconds.
BTW. Every Aussie could be working if they built all the new infrstructure we need. Which as pointed out, they are obligated to do. People are unemployed by design, they are easier to control that way.

Do you really beleive there were over 1,000 jobs created per day this past year, and 4 out of every 5 were full time? Total BS IMO.
Same as the US, they're killing off our middle class. Why, because (not that they know it) they have too much power.
The guns are gone, we're about to be put into "impossible debt", and what's really worrying, the republic debate has risen it's head again.
Pay extra attention at the 14:50 second mark to the 16:00 mark of the full video.

The entire thing.
There's a real good reason thery stopped teaching the constitution in schools back in the early 70's.

JFYI. Martin Bryant never had a Jury trial. If there had've been a jury tiral he would've been found Not Guilty. Why?
Because to this day, there is not one shred of evidence against him, and that's a fact. The truth is, in an honest court of law, the case against him never even would have made it to trial.
It's also illegal to put his picture on the front page of every news paper in the land. Conviction by media is also illegal.

In regards to your original question. I'd settle for Tassie ATM, but Norfolk Island might be the go
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
1/1/2018 5:03pm
Jrewing wrote:
Welcome to Australia... Barricaded shopping precincts, extreme gun control, prolific speed camera and radar traps up to 3 kmh over, every major road network featuring very...
Welcome to Australia...
Barricaded shopping precincts, extreme gun control, prolific speed camera and radar traps up to 3 kmh over, every major road network featuring very costly tolls, multiple tiered beuracrcy channels for anything to everything. Taxation used as a deterrent for cigarette/alcohol and even to farmers using their own dams. The list grows.
We here in Australia compare ourselves to you Americans but only 20 years behind. Is this same pattern happening to you guys who might be infact 20 years behind us?
Where does one move to escape this, the Isle of Man?
Mr. G wrote:
I question their motives with this "move towards safety". When all evidence shows more crime, one has to eventually consider that crime is their goal. It's...
I question their motives with this "move towards safety". When all evidence shows more crime, one has to eventually consider that crime is their goal. It's a sales pitch. They are playing upon the goodness that lies in a vast majority of the population when they "sell it". Don't fall for it. Most of you guys are way smarter than that.
^^ He isn't wrong.
1/1/2018 6:43pm
144rider wrote:
IMO, road tolls in Oz are constitutionaly illegal. The constitution state. We can print money to build any new infrastructure because it adds value to our...
IMO, road tolls in Oz are constitutionaly illegal. The constitution state. We can print money to build any new infrastructure because it adds value to our nation. They don't need investment from the private sector. That's stotal BS, but why they tell you we need these fuckin tolls. I don't pay them, I'd love them to take me to court.
A mate of mine has over 60K in toll fines. I'm at around 12K but rarely go near the stinking citys. I also ride a road bike. We don't pay. Hence the Vic Gov trying to force us to put rego plates on the front of our bikes.

Speeding. Pffft! No one was speeding around here, so they lowered the speed limits. Old mate said that was BS. I said OK, do the speed limit all the way to the outer suburbs and see if anyone passes you. In a 110k zone, everyone was doing 100ks. After that drive, he agreed with me.

Guns laws and mass shooting? Never happened until the coalition against guns party formed. Really, people think a bloke with the IQ of a 12 year old and pretty much no shooting experience committed the Tassie massacre Huh . If so, then you're a bloody idiot!
Elizebeth St postal building was even more blatant. Quote shooter: "How do they expect me to kill people with this thing"
When I was young, Dad bought my first slug gun at the local corner store. There were guns in every house, no safes etc. There was never any problem. There was also no such thing as house Invasions in Australia at that time. NONE! Now?
Every house in Switzerland has guns, and ammo, or should have. It's the law. How many mass shootings have there been over there in recent years?
And yes. China will Invade us eventually. If there's a war, China has a lot of people to feed. Australia has a lot of agriculture, food and water. No guns though Dizzy . Like takijng candy from a baby. If they're smart, Invading Oz will be the first thing they do.
Lastly. Every attempted Invasion of another country throughout history was fought off by it's country's armed civil militia. We'll just throw sticks and stones at them Wink
Does anybody really believe there won't be a 3rd world war in our future?

And best of all. We just had to have many thousands of more police on the beat over new years eve. After another incedent in Melbourne last week where 18 people were run over in the street. Every terrorist incedent is related to Muslims. Any new security procaution etc is because of Muslims. Are they trying to sabotage our country by letting all these muslims in? I mean, com'on, lets have a serious and hard think about this using logic and common sense. No Muzzies in Oz = no terror threat in Oz. The logical, common sense thing to do would be to not let in the country. Politically incorrect it may be, but ya get that on the big jobs!
There is a stealth war. Muslims against the western world. The muslims have a special and deadly weapon they are using to kick our asses, it's called Political correctness.

And you lot biatch about Trump. Australia needs a Trump! Or even better, a revolt. I can't wait for interest rates to rise! The shit will hit the proverbial fan.
Here here!

Hip hip.....

Hooraaaayy

Hip hip....!

If China ever invades you can come live with me ! Got plenty of arms for you to protect us this with. Ha
Jrewing
1/2/2018 1:53am
144rider wrote:
What I refer to about the road tolls is covered in the first 30 seconds. BTW. Every Aussie could be working if they built all the...
What I refer to about the road tolls is covered in the first 30 seconds.
BTW. Every Aussie could be working if they built all the new infrstructure we need. Which as pointed out, they are obligated to do. People are unemployed by design, they are easier to control that way.

Do you really beleive there were over 1,000 jobs created per day this past year, and 4 out of every 5 were full time? Total BS IMO.
Same as the US, they're killing off our middle class. Why, because (not that they know it) they have too much power.
The guns are gone, we're about to be put into "impossible debt", and what's really worrying, the republic debate has risen it's head again.
Pay extra attention at the 14:50 second mark to the 16:00 mark of the full video.

The entire thing.
There's a real good reason thery stopped teaching the constitution in schools back in the early 70's.

JFYI. Martin Bryant never had a Jury trial. If there had've been a jury tiral he would've been found Not Guilty. Why?
Because to this day, there is not one shred of evidence against him, and that's a fact. The truth is, in an honest court of law, the case against him never even would have made it to trial.
It's also illegal to put his picture on the front page of every news paper in the land. Conviction by media is also illegal.

In regards to your original question. I'd settle for Tassie ATM, but Norfolk Island might be the go
Yep some pains coming with interest rate rises. I seriously hope some crazy shit happens so we get a chance to reset priorities of govt and big business.
Our great way of life in Oz is virtually gone.
Everyone's a slave to work, housing and paranoia.
NorCal 50+
1/2/2018 10:04am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Maryland is about as corrupt as they come. I spent three years there, and they kept sending me random tax bills for amounts that appeared to...
motogrady wrote:
Yeah, it's a beautiful State. From the Atlantic beaches, to the Western Md mountains, they have it all. When I realized I wasn't gonna make it...

Yeah, it's a beautiful State. From the Atlantic beaches, to the Western Md mountains, they have it all.
When I realized I wasn't gonna make it as a motocross racer, walked away from motocross for a decade.
I might have thrown a leg over a dirt bike twice in 10 years.
It was the 80s.
Bought a boat, worked as least as possible, and the Chesapeke was my playground.
Inner Harbour to Annapolis to Rock Hall to Kent Island.
Lost count of the women. It was great.

But, it's so expensive, they have so much crap to deal with, it to me kinda became a police state.
Roadblocks to check for sobriety, permits for just about everything, the stuff they make you do to own and tag a car,
the crazy ass zoning, it's endless over there.

Look what they did to Budds Creek when Beasly cut down some trees, on his own land for parking, for that desNations.

And believe me, being a licensed contractor, that's a whole story in itself, getting licensed.
Let's just say, if you're in, you're in. If not, it's a hard row to hoe.

When I hear some local guys here in WV bitch about how they all of a sudden need a permit to fix an AC unit in Morgantown, I just laugh, and tell them, you ain't seen nothing yet.
The Bay is awesome- I love the lifestyle around there. Annapolis was okay when I lived there- I didn't find people to be very friendly, quite the opposite. I don't know when they went haywire on the regulations in Maryland. My wife's Dad was a housing contractor in Maryland for decades, he did very well, but he has some horror stories about tax bills. I have never lived in a place that just makes up tax bills and makes people fight them. It's pretty crazy. As far as I could see they had no evidence or rationale for sending me a bill for a year I didn't even live there, and threatening to trash my credit if I didn't pay.
motogrady
1/2/2018 5:20pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
The Bay is awesome- I love the lifestyle around there. Annapolis was okay when I lived there- I didn't find people to be very friendly, quite...
The Bay is awesome- I love the lifestyle around there. Annapolis was okay when I lived there- I didn't find people to be very friendly, quite the opposite. I don't know when they went haywire on the regulations in Maryland. My wife's Dad was a housing contractor in Maryland for decades, he did very well, but he has some horror stories about tax bills. I have never lived in a place that just makes up tax bills and makes people fight them. It's pretty crazy. As far as I could see they had no evidence or rationale for sending me a bill for a year I didn't even live there, and threatening to trash my credit if I didn't pay.

Yeah, effin Annapolis, always had that kinda snob I got money kinda crowd.
I knew people that would sell their soul just to own a house with an Annapolis zip code.
But eh, you have jerks everywhere.

I tell ya what was another thing, that a lot missed, and now is kinda gone, was the bar/club scene in Baltimore.
Especially South Baltimore.
For awhile, it was almost like a clip out of "Vinyl".
Great bands, good shows, in little hole in the walls.
Fells Point, The Civic Center, South Baltimore, Brooklyn.
Shoot the Breeze with a BB King, buy a drink for Stevie Ray Vaughn, it was unreal looking back on it.
Wouldn't hit that part of town after dark now if you paid me.

I wonder, there must be, a place, somewhere, where one could go and live it up a bit. maybe get a bit loud,
get a little loose, maybe get some sun, and live a little, without getting hassled.

Anyone know of such a place?

Post a reply to: Giving up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety...

The Latest