Getting Old Sucks

Related:
Create New Tag

6/13/2019 10:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2019 10:01 AM

So I spent about 8 days or so walking around Disney World. Never felt better really. Did a 17 hour drive back home. Drove it in one day. No big deal.

Get home Monday and felt good. Unloaded car Monday. Went to lunch, etc. Normal day. Woke up Tuesday and had severe pain in my knee. Thought some rest would take care of it. Fast forward a week later and still a lot of pain. Had an MRI done and I have a tear in my meniscus. Had an injection done today to see if that helps but likely need surgery.

Man getting old sucks!!!

|

6/13/2019 10:05 AM

How old, 37?

|

6/13/2019 10:06 AM

clemsonsc wrote:

How old, 37?

38 almost 39.

Everyone asks me how I hurt it and I can honestly say I have no clue....can't pin point anything,,,,

|

6/13/2019 10:17 AM

Pre 40 isn't old.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

6/13/2019 10:24 AM

Ha ha, you think it's bad now.

|

6/13/2019 10:52 AM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

Aint that the truth. Gettin' old aint for sissies.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/13/2019 11:22 AM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

Lol true that.

I think the 10-12 years of racing, training, injuries has aged me another 10 years or so physically.

|

6/13/2019 11:32 AM

Happened to me ,severe knee pain, I did not think the shot worked. Took between 2-3 weeks,knee felt good.

|

6/13/2019 12:01 PM

I'm 50 now.

Back is garbage, I have scoliosis, they want to fuse it. Pain and sciatica numbness is constant.

Left knee has arthritis, and Saturday I blew it out racing pit bikes. Tore my mcl and damaged meniscus.

Right hip has arthritis from the scoliosis

Right Achilles is all messed up from running

Right rotator cuff is torn

Constant pain, don't sleep well, it's getting old.

|

6/13/2019 12:51 PM

clemsonsc wrote:

How old, 37?

TXDirt wrote:

38 almost 39.

Everyone asks me how I hurt it and I can honestly say I have no clue....can't pin point anything,,,,

I had arthroscopic surgery in April for a torn minuscus. Same deal, I can't point to anything specific I did to it. Maybe Jiu Jitsu, maybe not. Trail running? Could be anything. It literally started hurting in January when I got up off the couch. The good thing was, even at 48 there was no arthritis in my knee.

|

No Signature.

6/13/2019 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2019 1:14 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

Lol true that.

I think the 10-12 years of racing, training, injuries has aged me another 10 years or so physically.

There is no way I would have been able to just do one day at Disney World.

|

6/13/2019 1:20 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

^^^ What he said. I’m 53 and had total hip and total knee replacement surgeries last year. I’d have used more caution with my body when I was young if I would have thought of how’d it feel now.

|

6/13/2019 1:50 PM

I've got corn in my shit that's older than you!!

Rub some dirt on it...

|

6/13/2019 2:12 PM

Left knee bone on bone, no acl or mcl, arthritis in both hands, shoulders and elbows. 3 hip replacements in 10 years, just turned 60, AND my fucking hair fell out. But I am the youngest guy in the 60 class so I got that going for me

|

6/13/2019 3:31 PM

clemsonsc wrote:

How old, 37?

TXDirt wrote:

38 almost 39.

get back to us in 6 or 7 years - didn’t know what tendons were until I hit 40 or so.

|

6/13/2019 4:12 PM

So where do you think you tore the meniscus? Walking around Disney World? Unloading the car?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

6/13/2019 4:53 PM

Reese95w wrote:

So where do you think you tore the meniscus? Walking around Disney World? Unloading the car?

I really have no clue because it never hurt at Disney or any time Monday. I didn’t feel anything abnormal until I got out of my car at work Tuesday morning. Possible the drive to work it just was too much and tore. Maybe I slept very awkwardly and the stress of walking and driving home from Disney put it in a fragile state. Felt great at DW and Monday at home very normal.

|

6/13/2019 5:54 PM

I joined a +45 softball team this year and I'm one of a few people over 50 on it.

Holy shit are we a goddamn mess as a group. It's not even mid-season, and everybody is either out injured or walking with a limp. Everybody's passing around ibuprofens like they're ecstasy at a rave and the smell of a535 is overwhelming

Of course the team organizer never mentioned that the league we were joining had no age restriction and that this was a self-imposed handicap. We're still second place in our division playing against the kids though.

|

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

6/13/2019 7:29 PM

clemsonsc wrote:

How old, 37?

TXDirt wrote:

38 almost 39.

Johnny Lock wrote:

get back to us in 6 or 7 years - didn’t know what tendons were until I hit 40 or so.

6 or 7, how about 15 or 16.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/14/2019 7:19 AM

Your knee got jacked from that machine that grabs you by the ankles and turns you upside down and shakes the last few coins you have left out of your pockets. It's right at the exit gates and only strikes on the last day.

You really should have known.

|

Harrison Backmon, Esq.

6/14/2019 7:46 AM

Harry Backmon wrote:

Your knee got jacked from that machine that grabs you by the ankles and turns you upside down and shakes the last few coins you have left out of your pockets. It's right at the exit gates and only strikes on the last day.

You really should have known.

lol true true

|

6/14/2019 8:01 AM

TXDirt wrote:

38 almost 39.

Johnny Lock wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

6 or 7, how about 15 or 16.

Try 27 or 28. There are times I have to stretch to get up and pee at 3 AM.

Just got notice of my 50th HS reunion. Mixed emotions on that one.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

6/14/2019 9:02 AM

JPT wrote:

Try 27 or 28. There are times I have to stretch to get up and pee at 3 AM.

Just got notice of my 50th HS reunion. Mixed emotions on that one.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/14/2019 9:26 AM

I walked out of the hospital last year after my meniscus surgery. They’re all different of course, ,but make sure your surgeon is conservative and removes as little as needed and be overly diligent with your rehab.

I’ve got a fused right ankle, which I think wore the knee a bit: and had previously disclocated left hip. have been getting back in to the gym and going to start yoga, need some more flexibility in the posterior chain. Am turning 37 soon.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/14/2019 9:27 AM

clemsonsc wrote:

How old, 37?

Wait, I’m 37?!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/14/2019 10:42 AM

Reese95w wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

I really have no clue because it never hurt at Disney or any time Monday. I didn’t feel anything abnormal until I got out of my car at work Tuesday morning. Possible the drive to work it just was too much and tore. Maybe I slept very awkwardly and the stress of walking and driving home from Disney put it in a fragile state. Felt great at DW and Monday at home very normal.

The only time I "just tore meniscus" I had hyper-extended my left knee landing from a jump at a vintage motocross. The next morning when I woke up my knee was all swollen and I could walk or put weight on it. It was the next day after the injury that it was the worse.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

6/14/2019 4:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2019 4:54 PM

alphado wrote:

I'm 50 now.

Back is garbage, I have scoliosis, they want to fuse it. Pain and sciatica numbness is constant.

Left knee has arthritis, and Saturday I blew it out racing pit bikes. Tore my mcl and damaged meniscus.

Right hip has arthritis from the scoliosis

Right Achilles is all messed up from running

Right rotator cuff is torn

Constant pain, don't sleep well, it's getting old.

I fucking hate scoliosis man. I’m 24 and this past year it’s completely ruined my life constant pain and discomfort. I’d give all my possessions up to have a straight and healthy back. It’s almost been 2 years since I’ve rode it’s killing me. But look up vbt, it’s a fusion less surgery. Very new but hopefully one day it will be the solution. I ride the mtb but Im limited to under hr because of pain.

|

6/14/2019 7:12 PM

Just to add insult to injury, our youngest daughter was diagnosed with Whooping Cough this week. And we are all on meds now. And the cough is absolutely horrendous sounding. We are pretty much up all night either listening to it or worried she is going to choke/throw-up. #parentlife lol

|

6/15/2019 6:13 AM

I never believed any of that wait til 40 b.s. and then turned 40 and shit hit the fan, my perfect vision gone, every injury I ever had racing dirtbike for 30 plus years that I healed and forgot about are all back at once. Limp twice as bad. Plus new pains all over. New smells etc. It's like 40 doubles the aging process in one big blow. I'm still in better shape mentally and probably physically than most but I sure do walk funny.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore.

6/15/2019 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2019 7:02 AM

It's all that extra weight, jeez mix in a salad!

... side note that means nothing... got gnarly food poisoning thurs evening from old salsa, smelled ok but seriously wasn't. Throw out the old salsa. This has kicked my crusty old ass.

|