Garage floor epoxy colors....

2/25/2020 2:04pm
OldPro277 wrote:
I used products from a company called ArmorGarage https://www.armorgarage.com/. And I DID use a light tan base and used minimal chips so I could find any...
I used products from a company called ArmorGarage https://www.armorgarage.com/. And I DID use a light tan base and used minimal chips so I could find any hardware that went AWOL. I also used 3 coats of their polyurethane clear with an additive called "shark skin" for anti-slip properties.

I researched the shit out of this 3 years when I did it , and found that Armor Garage are one of the few that use 100% solids and are used at industrial and military installations, so I figured it would hold up to my bike area just fine.... and it has so far. I'll try to post some pics of the tan color BDB so you can see. But again, I only used it in the 20x24 shop area ,not the lower 3 car area, so I can't say how it would hold up,but I'm guessing if they roll aircraft over it without "tire lift" then it should handle cars.
Good information. Yes please post a photo of your tan floors when you can. Thanks.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
2/25/2020 4:24pm
Sorry I didn't answer your followup question a few years back. To answer now, I'd say the plainer, the better. Any pattern on the floor is like camouflage. When there's a smooth, solid surface the bolts stand out like a sore thumb when you drop one.
Here's what I used to have in my old house:

2/25/2020 7:34pm
I’d do number 3. Properly prepped you can literally scrub your floor with gas and a wire brush, it’s not coming up. Properly prepped. I do probably 3-4 a year in my line of work.

The Shop

2/25/2020 7:54pm
Falcon wrote:
Sorry I didn't answer your followup question a few years back. To answer now, I'd say the plainer, the better. Any pattern on the floor is...
Sorry I didn't answer your followup question a few years back. To answer now, I'd say the plainer, the better. Any pattern on the floor is like camouflage. When there's a smooth, solid surface the bolts stand out like a sore thumb when you drop one.
Here's what I used to have in my old house:

That looks like a solid color with no flakes?
OldPro277
2/26/2020 12:27pm
Black Diesel---here are a couple of pics with the light tan / minimal brown flakes and the clear anti-slip. I currently have 11 racers (all in different stages of build or repair) in a relatively small 20x24 area so the pics may suck a bit and its VERY messy at the moment ,but it should give you an idea. Small pieces are easy to find on the floor . Hope this helps

newmann
2/26/2020 1:29pm
^^^ Oldpro knows what's up. Armorgarage is good stuff. Light gray here, no flakes and no grit as I wanted something slick and easy to clean and bright to help light up the place. No flakes help with finding small parts that go flying. It's been down 6 or so years and been flooded and underwater twice. Cleans right up with near zero effort.

Getting cleaned up and ready

Primered

Epoxy

Clearcoated

Under 2 foot of water for a week

Under 1 foot for 4 days

Cleans right up.

Shop time is best time

OldPro277
2/26/2020 1:58pm
newmann wrote:
^^^ Oldpro knows what's up. Armorgarage is good stuff. Light gray here, no flakes and no grit as I wanted something slick and easy to clean...
^^^ Oldpro knows what's up. Armorgarage is good stuff. Light gray here, no flakes and no grit as I wanted something slick and easy to clean and bright to help light up the place. No flakes help with finding small parts that go flying. It's been down 6 or so years and been flooded and underwater twice. Cleans right up with near zero effort.

Getting cleaned up and ready

Primered

Epoxy

Clearcoated

Under 2 foot of water for a week

Under 1 foot for 4 days

Cleans right up.

Shop time is best time

Thanks,lol. We even have the same color walls and trim ,although it doesn't show in my pics. Nice to have you back,Joe Wink
newmann
2/26/2020 2:22pm
kongols wrote:
Newmann`s back!
Don't count on it, I'm sure GuyB just tripped over his trigger finger and smacked his head on the free newmann button.
2/26/2020 2:47pm
Newmann,

You've gone through 2 floods and haven't moved yet? What a nightmare that must have been...twice!

I like your floor and OldPro's floor as well. I think I'm going with flakes though, we'll see.
newmann
2/26/2020 3:23pm
Newmann, You've gone through 2 floods and haven't moved yet? What a nightmare that must have been...twice! I like your floor and OldPro's floor as well...
Newmann,

You've gone through 2 floods and haven't moved yet? What a nightmare that must have been...twice!

I like your floor and OldPro's floor as well. I think I'm going with flakes though, we'll see.
Been there 28 years and all good up until 2 years ago. I never planned on moving so added on a couple times, remodeled and upgraded everything. Pretty much overbuilt for the neighborhood so moving would have been a loss to me prior to flooding. Now that it has flooded twice I'll really take a beating to move and a couple places we looked at that we considered comparable were about 300k and up above what we could realistically sell ours for. I'm paid off and ready for some semi retirement. 350k of flood insurance is $450.00 per year so I think we'll just hang out for a while...

Hurricane Harvey was supposedly the worst rain event in recorded weather history and Imelda was supposedly the second worst. Hopefully there won't be a third worst anytime soon. As soon as I get this last mess all cleaned up, the order of business is everything will be two foot up on a shelf...lol.
2/26/2020 3:35pm
Newmann, You've gone through 2 floods and haven't moved yet? What a nightmare that must have been...twice! I like your floor and OldPro's floor as well...
Newmann,

newmann wrote:
Been there 28 years and all good up until 2 years ago. I never planned on moving so added on a couple times, remodeled and upgraded...
Been there 28 years and all good up until 2 years ago. I never planned on moving so added on a couple times, remodeled and upgraded everything. Pretty much overbuilt for the neighborhood so moving would have been a loss to me prior to flooding. Now that it has flooded twice I'll really take a beating to move and a couple places we looked at that we considered comparable were about 300k and up above what we could realistically sell ours for. I'm paid off and ready for some semi retirement. 350k of flood insurance is $450.00 per year so I think we'll just hang out for a while...

Hurricane Harvey was supposedly the worst rain event in recorded weather history and Imelda was supposedly the second worst. Hopefully there won't be a third worst anytime soon. As soon as I get this last mess all cleaned up, the order of business is everything will be two foot up on a shelf...lol.
Wow, that's crazy. I hope it doesn't happen again. I understand now why you can't get out and the flood insurance is cheap so you're all set with a really nice shop.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
2/26/2020 3:42pm
Newmann, I met a guy who ran a garage flooring company, and he did his entire house with a decorative epoxy floor (inside and out!)
Maybe you should go that route for flood readiness... Then you'd only need to fix the drywall if you get a massive flood.
newmann
2/26/2020 6:04pm
Falcon wrote:
Newmann, I met a guy who ran a garage flooring company, and he did his entire house with a decorative epoxy floor (inside and out!) Maybe...
Newmann, I met a guy who ran a garage flooring company, and he did his entire house with a decorative epoxy floor (inside and out!)
Maybe you should go that route for flood readiness... Then you'd only need to fix the drywall if you get a massive flood.
Just before the first flood we had installed high end carpet and padding in the bedrooms and coretech laminate throughout the rest of the house. After the flood we just went coretech the whole way. Of course the coretech floated up with both floods so this time we went back with 9 x 36 wood look ceramic. Just going to mop this shit out next time.

Post a reply to: Garage floor epoxy colors....

The Latest